Purpose of dating?

Options

Replies

• JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    To find someone you can relate to. Life is lonely and sometimes you want to have human contact with someone, or talk to someone...companionship...sex...I havent been on a date in...4 years? Good god.
    18 years...I win

WOW - I thought my 7 years was a long time. Was I wrong or what?
    Well, mine encompasses my entire life, so I guess it's not the same thing...

27, though that isn't from a lack of trying...
    I've never had a guy be even remotely interested in me, but tbh that's fine...I don't believe that I'd find a guy even if I was looking.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Partnership. To find someone to share all of life's adventures with.

This.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Never been on a date. But I assume company.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've never had a guy be even remotely interested in me, but tbh that's fine...I don't believe that I'd find a guy even if I was looking.

I never had a girl remotely interested in me, and I should add the only time I was remotely trying... was in high school, and that was because everyone I knew had dates... and I was curious nothing more. Since then, it has been 9 years that I didn't care any more.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    To fall in love.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Don't know anymore, haven't dated in a good long while. Guess I'll figure out what I want from it when I start again.

What you said, exactly :)
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    for men...sex

for women.. its meals

:tongue:
  • raccoon182
    raccoon182 Posts: 29
    Options
    Finding someone you can be yourself around without being judged. (I love my girlfriend so much!)
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    Finding my other half, my partner-in-crime. That guy who can deal with my quirks whose quirks match mine. That one person in the world who I can just be stupid with but who can put my feet back on the ground when I start floating away.

That's what I'm looking for when I date.
    Haven't found him yet.

You took the words right out of my mouth. That is what I want, someone who will join me in my craziness but be able to pull me down if need be. The one who will fight for what we have and not give up when things get tough. Someone I can share my life with
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Realization that all women are truly crazy and I should have made a career as a monk or priest?
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    someone to have a deeper connection with and to share your passions with
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure that out for myself. For me, it's for my future and for my family. That's about it... but it is proving to be MUCH more difficult than I imagined. I hate dating.. so many guys out there that I just don't click with. :o/ Good luck to you !
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    for men...sex

for women.. its meals

:tongue:

That's why I learned to cook

:wink:
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Finding out if you're compatible with someone, to find out if you can marry them.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    True love and companionship. To find someone that I can trust with my feelings, thoughts, and dreams... and to have that person trust me enough to share those with me.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Partnership. To find someone to share all of life's adventures with.

100% this.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Finding a lifelong, mutually monogamous partner for the purpose of companionship,intimacy,childrearing, and financial benefit/security. I would like to see this happen with my soon to be ex husband, but its kind of a coin toss at this point.

Of course there are more details:

living a fun, adventurous and fulfiling life together that is also significant
    sexual compatibility
    having fun together
    being a good team
    supporting/encourging each other but also effective at kicking each other in the *kitten* when need be
    growing together in Christ and doing good for others - together and apart
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Companionship, which would hopefully include sexual compatibility, and in the best case scenario lead to a life partner. I'm not a huge fan of marriage in and of itself, but I would like to find a life partner. And, I don't believe in fairy tale true love, if that's what you mean. So, basically I guess I see the point as trying to find your ultimate best friend.

This.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    for me, its so i dont have to be alone :brokenheart:
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm not dating right now... but for me, personally, it would be to find the right person for a long-term monogamous relationship, and eventually marriage and kids. After my experience living in a big city (Toronto), though, I have found that a long-term, monogamous relationship isn't on everyone else's minds. It would be nice of the guys who are into so-called "polyamory" and/or just looking for something with an expiry date would be -up front- about that. I don't like wasting my time, nor do I like to feel like a marriage/baby-crazy female by announcing my desire for long-term, monogamy, and kids (because these days, saying any of those things too soon, even when referring to them as your goals in general, and not with any specific guy, is akin to blurting out some horribly dirty, un-PC words).