Purpose of dating?

Options

Replies

• tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    getting to know people to see if there's any reason to continue being around them in the future.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    love and fun! :-)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    What ever you want it to be.
  • bigcity_tinydreams
    Options
    companionship, for sure :)
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    For me, it's all about companionship. I don't care about the meals, the sex, or even a real relationship/"love"... I just like having someone there... like a friend... could be more... or less... doesn't matter. I just like the companionship.

^^This.
  • SILYKITY75
    Options
    For me it would be a partener in crime..Some one to have fun with. I would love to skip the whole dating thing and go straight to the year two of being married. I don't want or need all the excitiment of early courting. Someone to be comfortable around. And sex..
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I would say there is no point of dating unless you can see yourself marrying the person. If there's no end game, why do it?

I feel the same way. I wish I could turn it off and just enjoy being with that person for however long it may be but if I can't honestly picture spending the rest of my life with them what's the point?
  • mishimouse101
    mishimouse101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Partnership. To find someone to share all of life's adventures with.

This is what I would like to find.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    For me it would be a partener in crime..Some one to have fun with. I would love to skip the whole dating thing and go straight to the year two of being married. I don't want or need all the excitiment of early courting. Someone to be comfortable around. And sex..

^^ yes
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I tried dating again recently and discoverd, there is no reason for it for me. Too many crazies out there and I have stuff to do.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    True love.
    It's great to be able to bond with someone, truly be yourself around someone. To have someone there that will comfort you when you're sad, that you can share good news with.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    True Love to find someone I can settle down with and if he's the right person get married and start a family. I always said when I was younger that I was never gonna get married or have kids, but after I got older and experienced some of it (the getting married part divorced now) I wants kids, and I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life either.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    True love.
    It's great to be able to bond with someone, truly be yourself around someone. To have someone there that will comfort you when you're sad, that you can share good news with.

this
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i go on dates with my fiance expected to get it on afterwards...
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Companionship, which would hopefully include sexual compatibility, and in the best case scenario lead to a life partner. I'm not a huge fan of marriage in and of itself, but I would like to find a life partner. And, I don't believe in fairy tale true love, if that's what you mean. So, basically I guess I see the point as trying to find your ultimate best friend.

This.

I concur!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I don't see any point to it, which is why I don't do it.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Sex
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Finding a tolerable beard. Nothing is worse than the well meaning pushing their unfortunate friends on you.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    to share the little things with,to laugh and have fun times.
    to be there with them from the good & bad.
    "if you cant handle them at there worst,you dont deserve them at there best"
    to find that one person who makes the past worth it
    & to find that one person you wanna sit on your front porch with and drink sweet tea with for the rest of your life.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Finding a tolerable beard. Nothing is worse than the well meaning pushing their unfortunate friends on you.

LOL, best answer yet.