looking for friends

Options
13»

Replies

• ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have around 50 pounds to lose in total but I can only focus on smaller goals so I am aiming to get out of the 190's where I have been FOREVER!!! Good luck!
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Add Me <3
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll send you a request and others who are positive can add me also! :flowerforyou:
  • richwiand
    richwiand Posts: 4
    Options
    Support is great!
  • DivaStyle_83
    Options
    Welcome aboard :smile: you can add me & my sister gettinsexyfit
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel Free To Add Me Too...
    Why do many people have trouble making exercise a regular habit and keeping on track with their fitness program?
    One of the biggest reasons people drop their exercise routine is because of failing to plan and prepare for the long-haul. After a few over-zealous weeks enthusiasm seems to fade and eventually you realize that a regular exercise program is a long-term commitment, not something you can accomplish in a few weeks.

Another reason exercise programs fail is because they are too difficult. Many people set out with a lot of ambition and enthusiasm and start out with some big goals: "I'm going to do 50 push ups every day" or "I'm going to jog 45 minutes every day" and set goals that are too difficult to sustain for very long. You may be able to pull off a few days, but soon you run out of energy and you scrap the whole program.

Finally, we set out to do too much. We set goals to do cardio, lift weights, eat healthy, quit sweets, stop drinking soda, go to bed earlier, and quit drinking alcohol. While each of these is a great goal, they are a bit overwhelming to take on all at once.

The problem with establishing multiple goals is that you cannot completely focus on one goal if you're trying to do all the others at the same time. As a result, you get frustrated, your fitness program gets derailed, and you fall off the track, resuming old habits like eating junk food and skipping workouts.

Often, the first muscle to train is your mind. Losing weight or lifting weights is as much about motivation, desire and discipline as it is about just diet and exercise. First make a mental decision that a fitness program is something you want to do and take the time to focus on the reason you want to do it.
  • jasond8023
    jasond8023 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been on here since January, but starting to get more active in the MFP community. Feel free to add me!
  • niseybabe
    niseybabe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm on here everyday feel free to add me as well, along with anyone on this forum
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'd be glad to be your friend and support you through your journey =)