Net Calories.

Options
13»

Replies

• tamiehelt
    tamiehelt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try adding a protein shake. I use whey powder with milk, ice and a banana in a blender. That puts on about 450, of what I consider productive, calories.
  • Jenn09870
    Jenn09870 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT starving myself. I'm NOT on a crash or starvation diet. I think I would know if I'm starving and if I were starving I would eat more. I promise that.

Thank you for all your opinions. I'm done here :)
    Well Sunshine, don't push topics in a public forum if you don't want truth.
    MFP makes its recommendations for a reason, and that is to protect unlearned people from foolish crash diets.
    The one thing you won't be able to say after today is that you weren't warned.
    You will fail miserable. Get out of the absurd notion that you can starve yourself to goal. It's not a race.
    People in a race with nature finish last. Your choice.
    :drinker:
    If nothing else you really should read the David Greenwalt article that Bobby Clerici posted the link for, I found it very surprising.
    You might not realize the damage netting so low is doing to you.
    I dont claim to be any sort of expert on diet or fitness. However I have found a lot of useful advise on the message boards and after RESEARCHING things for myself I have made some changes- and have more changes to come.
    It is wrong to say everything posted on here is bad information, there are a lot of helpful people here who only want to see other people be as successful as they have been.
    You should be eating your exercise calories. MFPs numbers are set up for it. You really should look up these things for yourself rather than what someone says on a message board anyways.

To the person whose Personal Trainer them to eat back only half of their exercise calories either does not know how the numbers here are calculated, or they are setting you up to be a repeat customer.

There are always a few bad apples who do spread bad information, stuff they half paid attention to on Oprah 10 years ago, etc.

Also found the "I'm done here" really rude- just because you got an opinion you didn't want to hear. If you are that far under your calories, you are starving. But go ahead and do it your way.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/377362-how-to-be-fat-and-starving-at-the-same-time?hl=David+greenwalt+700+calories#posts-5147097
  • Kellyr107
    Kellyr107 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am the person who got that information from a trainer, who is certified and also belongs to this site. I am not trying to dole out bad advice, and I think our friend here is looking for kindness and opinions. A lot of folks are responding in a manner which, frankly, is not nice...and that is hugely NOT helpful. Have a wonderful day....and let's not forget why we are ALL here...to get healthy!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    These threads make me laugh a bit to myself. None of us had any trouble netting a gazzillion calories before mfp. Now all of a sudden we can't eat????? Come on!

Uh, yeah, because we're developing better eating habits, shrinking stomachs, etc...? What an asinine statement.