6 week 200 crunches challenge

Options

Replies

• AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    good job on your inital test wmb0124!! I thought I was going to die at 26 situps!! Haha I really am out of shape :( But I am really looking foward to this challenge!
  • sollygirl
    Options
    I still havn't started yet!! Been so busy with finals week but monday is the day!!!
  • kcdore_2469
    Options
    Hi everyone! hope everyone is ready for the holidays? I managed to do 200 crunches for 4 our of the 7 days. I am going to do better this week. It is so hard with all the busy schedules and the holidays.

Katrina
    Start 216
    current 186
    goal 145
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's incredible! The rest of us are working up to 200 crunches - I am SO not there yet!
  • fortissimo
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this (and the squats)
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    Options
    I didn't start my crunches yesterday like I was supposed to...so now I am going to have to find time to do them today after work
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2 today!! Looking forward to it....feeling strong. Good luck everyone :)
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Starting week 1 when I get home today... will let you know how it goes!
  • Vans
    Options
    I have a really bad neck from having TMD (Temporomandibular disorder) which means my neck is always tense and I grind my teeth at night.....I feel that the tension got in the way of doing my crunches properly.
    I tried my best to look up at the ceiling and pretend there is a ball under my chin.....but I still had a hard time......any one else finding it difficult to do the proper form? :(

Either way I am feeling tighter in my core, and I still cant wait until week 6 :)
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I have a really bad neck from having TMD (Temporomandibular disorder) which means my neck is always tense and I grind my teeth at night.....I feel that the tension got in the way of doing my crunches properly.
    I tried my best to look up at the ceiling and pretend there is a ball under my chin.....but I still had a hard time......any one else finding it difficult to do the proper form? :(

Either way I am feeling tighter in my core, and I still cant wait until week 6 :)

I'm having a hard time because they are killing my back! Our workout room is in the basement which is cement floor with just one layer of indoor/outdoor carpet so, needless to say, the floor isn't very soft. I already have back problems, so this is just adding to them. I'm wondering if I could just do the crunches on my stability ball? Any opinions on that?
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    Started my first day today. I did 40 in my initial test so started on Week 3 Day 1. Did 30 sit-ups in set 5. Not too terrible, I don't think... could have been worse. Could have been better, too! Lol.
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    Options
    Today was my first day of the 200 crunch challenge. I started with column 3 and did 1 rep of 15, 1 rep of 18, 2 reps of 10, and my max was only 14. I wish I would have started on Sunday like I was supposed to but better today than tomorrow! I look foward to doing day 2 on Thursday!
  • ziggycat
    Options
    Today was my first day of the 200 crunches challenge - and what a shock I was in for. I started running a year ago following the couch to 5k and now run between 5-8K and really enjoy it, I classed myself as pretty fit!!!! Well, on the initial testt, I couldn't even comple3te 10 crunches!!!!

Just done colum 1 week 1 for the first time and I ache!!!!! OMG! I am soooooooo gonna do this! I will not be defeated!

How did everyone else start out?

ZIggy
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    Just done colum 1 week 1 for the first time and I ache!!!!! OMG! I am soooooooo gonna do this! I will not be defeated!

How did everyone else start out?

ZIggy

I started out with 40 crunches. I'm not in great shape, but I like to think I have an OK core thanks to all the pilates I do (I LOVE pilates). Apparently I'm not as tough as I thought, either... because I thought I'd be closer to 75 or so!

I started in week Three, second column. I did my first day on Monday, so I'm due to go again tonight... though my tummy still hurts a little bit from the last time!

The only problem I have with crunches is they only really target the top part of my abs- I don't feel it in my lower abs or to the sides. So I think after my crunches I'll fit in 10 minutes of pilates to target those areas.....

Or is that cheating?
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody,
    Count me in on this!! I just started on Sunday and have been faithful - I feel like I need to do this daily instead of the 3 days/week:laugh: - and have been doing just that. Looking forward to some ab changes in 6 weeks and I look forward to getting to know all of you.!!

Take Care ,
    Janet:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Oh, and started out column 3 - week 1:happy:

I also added some other ab exercises to target the lower abs - which is soo my problem area and twisting crunches for my obliques. Let's just work the whole area while we're at it!!

Make it a great day,
    Janet:heart:
  • angelnik03
    Options
    Hey I'm just curious to know - who's doing crunches and who is doing sit-ups? I thought (trying to make my self feel better LOL) that'd crunches would be easier than sit-ups, so I opted to do the sit-ups. :laugh:
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    Hey I'm just curious to know - who's doing crunches and who is doing sit-ups? I thought (trying to make my self feel better LOL) that'd crunches would be easier than sit-ups, so I opted to do the sit-ups. :laugh:

Actually on the website, it says that we're supposed to do crunches- they're just calling them sit ups. People usually don't recommend traditional sit-ups anymore because it's bad for the neck.

Taken from the website:

"Please note, due to the potential risk of spinal damage involved with performing traditional sit-ups, the two hundred sit- ups program will utilize the more common crunch or curl up exercise.

Throughout this site, wherever you read the words "sit-up(s)", please think in terms of crunches or curl ups, not the out-of-favour mass taught exercise. Furthermore, the two hundred sit-ups logo is not meant to be a good indicator of how the exercise should be performed. Please read on for more information."
  • Vans
    Options
    I was so desperately wanting to do my crunches today since I want to do Mon.Wed.Fri. however I have an exam tomorrow, it is 10:45 p.m already......therefore I think I will have to wait until tomorrow and do them 2 days in a row.
    I hope everyone else is doing the best they can!
    Happy Crunching :laugh:
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    Week 3, Day 2- Column2. Finished up with 35.