What does your SO think of your transformation?

Options
I was curious to hear what others who had made a physical transformation through exercise and eating well, what their SO thought of the change?

On the physical side of things, my husband, in the 20 years that we've been together, has never focused so much on my butt before because it was flat and now...it's not. :wink:

But beyond that, my new interest in fitness and especially nutrition has made him become more proactive about his own eating habits as well as our two children. He's much more involved in the grocery shopping and meal planning whereas before he wasn't. And he's always telling me that it's like he has a new wife because I wasn't like this when we first met. Overall, his reaction has been very positive and supportive. I really couldn't had done this without him. :bigsmile:

Anyone else?

Replies

• Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    mine hasn't said much of anything at all about it
    :-(
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don' t think mine has noticed much of anything.... :sad:
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mine has noticed, but really doesn't say anything...unless SOMEONE ELSE comments on the weight loss. Unfortunately he can sabotage my efforts too. Not sure why, but when I start losing weight he suddenly brings home chocolate and cakes and Coke, etc. (After giving away his treats this spring, he stopped doing it. LOL)
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    At first mine didn't notice, but now it is kind of hard for him not to notice with 75 pounds gone and I am starting to wear his clothes and they look better on me. There are times when I want to smack him for some of the off the cuff things he says, but he knows how hard I am working.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Mine has been very supportive and has been focusing on his health a lot more then he used to. He has been deployed since December so I can't wait for him to come home and notice even more of a physical transformation!
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    He loves to grab my waist and he calls me 'pretty little thing' <3
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Mine calls me "Skinny" and tells me all day long how proud he is of me.

Some boys will do anything for a little action... :noway:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My hubs has been super supportive and brags about me to everyone. It hasn't all been easy - he balks at some of the small changes I've made in our shared meal choices and doesn't like the fact that my "girls" aren't as full as they used to be but those are both fairly minor (and the latter will be fixed eventually).

He hasn't fully jumped in with me yet but he is trying to be more careful about how and what he eats and has cut out beer which has helped him lose about 20 pounds (and several inches). He's already a fairly active guy, just not dedicated exercise, but that may come eventually.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Mine is my biggest fan. He's very supportive and listens to my ups and downs when I need him to. He says that he's never minded the way that I looked, even at my heaviest (which for me, having lived in that body, is hard to believe) but he seriously looks at me like I'm a cheeseburger and he hasn't eaten in a couple of days and um......... I love it. I've lost 30lbs and he has asked me once or twice just how much I want to loose and put in a request that I keep some "meat" (lol) but understands that I need to be happy with me, too. He's a good guy :)
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is very proud of me. He said he loves me no matter what size I am, as long as I'm happy. He's my biggest support system when it comes to this. He has introduced me to the world of P90X, and now I'm gaining muscle and still losing some weight. He tells me that I'm not fat anymore, He also said that he loves my bony hips, LOL
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Mine keeps making comments about how tiny I am, complete with hand gestures for emphasis. His newest thing is saying that I'm "so squishable" now.. But not because of squishiness - but because as he puts it, "your sides are firmer" and he can basically wrap my sides with his palms and squeeze instead of _grab_ them with his hands... >_>;;

He's also more conscious about what he eats, listens to my food advice seriously (even if though he doesn't follow all - which I don't mind, because frankly - he doesn't need to), and asks me for work out tips and form corrections. He's also upped his workout game I've noticed... I would leave for the gym and come home and find out he's done weights or something of that nature. :D It turns out he has a new goal to gain 10lbs of muscle.

He also high-fives me every time I report a loss. ^_^ So, he's super supportive, but also keeps reminding me that he's never minded the way I look and loves me no matter what - which is nice to hear.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are in this together. She's always been really supportive and willing to try new things with me (and usually does a better job at them, haha).

I went Paleo and a week later she started as well. I started Insanity, and she started right along with me. Same with TapoutXT.

We make it a little health competition where we give eachother points and deduct based on how well we eat or exercise. It makes it fun and I'm really lucky to have a wife who cares as much (or even more) about getting in shape as I do.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    At first my hubby didnt really notice or say too much, but recently he's been commenting on how "different" my body feels when he hugs/cuddles me. He's also commenting on how my butt is more toned :wink: Definitely is a mood booster to know the hard work is paying off :happy:
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mine refers to me as "Slim" (oh how I wish!) and can't keep his hands off of me. Intimacy is HOTT and much more frequent....I'm LOVIN' IT!~
  • Carrie3B
    Carrie3B Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My husband is also my biggest fan. And is VERY observant (almost frustratingly so--ha ha). We have been together for 21 years but he acts like we are newly weds. It's flattering but (whats the word--not annoying?!) at the same time --umm, we have 3 little boys who always seem to be watching Daddy grabbing at Mommy--ha ha. His new obsession are my leg muscles--I've never had that "line" up my thigh and he mentions it constantly. It's nice that he notices.

As a sidenote, he's always been thin and healthy but he's recently started going to the gym and lifting weights. It's nice and I love to see the boys seeing their parents excited about exercising!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    He's proud of me and loves reaping the benefits of me feeling better about myself/feeling healthier.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    made fun of it and told me i was incapable. i ditched him.
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    At first mine was not very supportive and got fed up of me being on here all the time!!! now I think he finally is beginning to understand how bad my problems with food are and how I need MFP for support, advice and to help me eat enough!! I had a terrible binge relapse this weekend and he didn't really know how to deal with it at first but after a lot of talking and a lot of (me) crying I think he understands a bit more now and how unhappy I am with my body. He said you don't see yourself how I see you I think your body is perfect and everything could ever find attractive in a woman!! bless him!! im trying my best to see what he sees and learn to love myself!! :smile:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My entire life has changed, my husband and I both seem much happier. Our love life is a LOT better. He wears me on his arm like I'm the purest of Gold. He enjoys going out more then we use to. I believe a lot of it is me though, I feel better about myself and it shows. When we go grocery shopping, he isn't walking 10 feet ahead of me. He tells me a lot how proud he is of me. Just the other night we were talking and he told me that he has never been so proud of me as he is now. His words were "I just have to tell you, I love you so much, you work your butt off as a mom and wife, you work your butt off at work, and still manage to find time to work your butt off to be the best you can be. I have never been so proud of someone as I am you."
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    he notices everything....like the fact im eating healthy, working out loads as it makes me happy.....he likes me regardless of my weight but wont let me lose my butt...lol. x (typical man!)