Why the scale goes UP with a new workout program- MUST READ

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    It's good to finally see some LEGIT information on this forum, coming from a real source.
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Brilliant info, thanks for posting it.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good to know. Thanks for posting.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks so much for sharing, cause the scale has been crazy, up and down. I do different workouts every week and sometimes I will see lost then I will see gain., thanks again for info.
  • galilanee26
    galilanee26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nice to see this article. Thanks for sharing!.
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Reading this made me feel better already.:happy:
    ^^....me too....I think I can keep going now.....that explains a lot! ! I saw the increase too but I'm willing to stick it out especially if the numbers will go down in a couple of weeks.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Never made the connection with weight gain. Good to know (and good to know to delay weighing in for awhile). Thank you for posting!
  • ICDIT2
    ICDIT2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is really good to know. I just started last week and one day a go I lost 1 pound and I was very happy. Today I just wanted to see that low number again and I gained 2 pounds back. what a surprises. I have been working hard. Swimming, upper and low strengthening , running, dancing set ups. I was really hoping for more. so i don't know, do I put in my lower weight or what I weigh now in for my weigh in. and it always seem like when I weigh myself first thing in the morning I'm heaver then later in the day, Should I just weigh myself in the morning and just have something to go by.
  • TOPsRocks
    TOPsRocks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thansk for the information. Wish someone had explained this to me eons ago.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing-I just went through this myself and struggled even though I knew it was typical.
  • lala40217
    lala40217 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    well thank God. seriously. i had such a good clean eating and exercising week last week and when i weighed on friday morning i was up 2 lbs..... just so pissed and devastated and deflated and depressed and angry. not angry enough to quit but angry enough to eat and drink like a skinny girl all weekend. no worries. i'm back. i feel like a different girl since reading this post!!!
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I went up 4.5 lbs after my bike ride on Sat down 2 already today. I used to get so fed up with this before I knew about the water retention to help repair muscle.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am now back down to Fridays weight. I used to think that it was me eating too much cake while out on the ride, now I know that it is just water, and do not worry so much.
  • ValJaramillo
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharin this!! I started a new program and I was really deppressed by the results I´m getting, but now I´ll keep trying :B
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • forgetmenotcj
    forgetmenotcj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This article really helps me a lot!!! I started running this week and the scale jumped 4 pounds this week! I've been upset about it all day! Thanks for sharing :) It really tells me to keep up and it will be worth it!
  • TerrieBNLWECHANGED
    Options
    thank you for sharing. I'm facing that today... the scale went up even though I busted my butt last week... it was discouraging, but this article helped. Thanks!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I NEEDED to read this!! This explains SO much since picking up running and starting Jari Love, I am totally gaining weight but I can TELL I am retaining water! Thank you for sharing!
  • shaahboogie
    Options
    OMG thank you sooooooo much for posting this. I needed this SUPER bad. I have watched the scale go up 4 lbs in a week and I was getting scared. My personal trainer told me to relax and explained that I may gain a little but it will go away, but this really broke it down and I feel so much better. SoI'm moving forward and moving these pounds outta here!!!