Why the scale goes UP with a new workout program- MUST READ

Options

Replies

• CraftyPayne
    CraftyPayne Posts: 41
    Options
    Great explaination of why this happens :O) thanks for sharing !!
  • SinkTheBismarck
    Options
    This should be a **fixed** thread :)
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Great explanation. A for sure must read.
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    great article thanks for sharing with us.
  • hpruitt
    hpruitt Posts: 1
    Options
    I definitely needed this today.
  • kuchenmoo
    kuchenmoo Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you! I started jogging and noticed my scale went up a couple of pounds.
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this!!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such a great article. BUT what if one has no weight loss or gradual gain after starting new workouts for more than a few weeks?

I'd like to know the answer to this one, too.
  • cldwyer150
    cldwyer150 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for this posting...perfect timing! I have been doing Turbo Fire for 2 weeks and did have a slight increase on the scale despite my sweating and trying so hard during the workout. I was about to switch to something else but I will stick with it a while longer.

So close to my goal that I can't give up now!
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. It is knowledge that helps us grow and understand.

I found this out a couple of months ago when I was gaining :o lol. I'm a beachbody coach and I've been doing Brazil Butt Lift since January and I'm learning so much. The eating is my biggest problem (not enough calories :o lol) BUT since starting MFP I have to say that I LOVE IT! My pt session in combination with better eating habits will help me get on my way to being 122lbs and healthy. My next goal is the Reset then a cruise and then Chalean Extreme. Insanity again and then Asylum :o lol (yeah I'm a little crazy)

Since I can't pt while doing the reset I'm hoping to use this time to reflect, rest so when I hit I tackle The DOF (decade old fat) I will be ready to go again in 4 weeks (I start next Monday.)
  • Eb155
    Eb155 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!! I just started P90X today, so I think I'll put the scale away for the next 30 days to avoid the disappointment, even though it would be short lived ! :)
  • jrecmcallister
    Options
    Thanks for the read. Very informative!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Love this, I'm starting a new routine this week, which will include weight training for the first time. Perfect time to read this! :)
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Explains the random 2.5 lb increase I got right after I started running/ 30 DS!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this!! Great article!
  • krisbelle00
    krisbelle00 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    OMG thanks for sharing @ just started th 30 day shred and was so pissed that I gained 5lbs!!! This helps alot!!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    OMG U HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD I NEEDED THIS...THANK U SO MUCH!!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thank you explains a lot