• kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.

I really just need to toss my scale. It causes too much drama :)

I hear ya!!!! Exactly what I need to do!!!:bigsmile:
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Thank you for sharing :)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such a great article. BUT what if one has no weight loss or gradual gain after starting new workouts for more than a few weeks?
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This is quite informative. Thank you for sharing it...
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad so many ppl are getting something from this article! When I saw my gain after starting to jog I burst into tears. But then my friend bumblepink sent me this and it made such sense I had to share!
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    bump
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article. It helped a lot.
  • queenbeaumont
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank You:happy:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing!!! I'm getting ready to head into my 3rd week of 30DS - first week I dropped weight but last week I GAINED and it was extremely disappointing. I was discouraged and frustrated, b/c I'm not eating over 1200 calories and burning 250 - 500 calories 5 - 6 days a week. This explains so much!!! Thanks again for sharing!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I wonder if this can be a constant process. I am always sore because I'm always pushing it up a notch. As soon as an exercise becomes comfortable I'm pushing to a higher weight, higher resistance, faster, farther something. I haven't lost any pounds in 6 or so weeks. I have lost inches so I know I'm getting more muscles which are replacing the weight of the fat I lose but it is still discouraging.

You are not alone in this. I am following the 'New Rules' heavy lifting program, and usually increase my weights every workout, or every second workout, and I am in a pretty constant state of experiencing DOMS. It's not a lovely feeling but I've gotten used to it. I think I read somewhere that some people are just more susceptible to DOMS, while other people on experience it for the first couple times starting a new routine, and then never again.

Glad you guys posted this, because I was beginning to wonder about myself. I really do think some people are more susceptible to DOMS, and I'm one of them. Nice to know it's not just me.
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this definitely helps and makes a lot of sense. I never thought of the muscle soreness resulting in fluid retention but as soon as I started reading this article and I knew exactly where it was going and I'm like your body must retain fluid when the muscles are sore, ofcourse why didn't I think of that before!

Definitely will remember this for any time I start a new exercise program and know not to get discouraged!
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    So glad I read this! I just started working with a personal trainer and the whole thing is new for me. I was very discouraged when I gained 2-3 pounds this week! but now I can see what may be causing it and thankfully this morning my weight started going in the right direction!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, it explains alot! :-)
  • Keenasgettingfitnhealthy
    Options
    I really needed to read this today =D Thank you for posting!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Very interesting read, thanks for sharing. Could you site where this article came from though?
    Thanks!
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    Very interesting read, thanks for sharing. Could you site where this article came from though?
    Thanks!

Just Google the first sentence in the article.