I hate my husband!

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain eight pounds in one weekend.

Also, hate is a really strong word.

I hate pulp.

Love your buff man.
  • brandivestal
    brandivestal Posts: 2,637 Member
    Options
    That is the exact way my husband and I are! It is so not fair!!
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    *turns around and walks back out**

On a side note.....UM YOU HAVE A BUFF DUDE THAT LOVES YOU!!!! stop whining and enjoy....your weight will come off eventually

Agree
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Men do tend to need more calories than women, in general. But me, I wouldn't care how much someone else is eating unless I was feeling deprived myself. Is this just a passing frustration (understandable) or are you consistently feeling hungry or unsatisfied?

I wouldn't worry about the weight gain... there's no way you gained 8 pounds in 4 days. Give it another week and see what the scale says then.

No it is just me giving him *kitten*...lol. I never feel hungry or deprived...I still snack on what I want...I just cant eat as much of the "bad" stuff like he does. It is not a hunger issue...just a jealous one. lmao
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Saaaaaaaaaaad face emoticion.............
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Lighten up folks! I am sure she is just exaggerating a little. :laugh: How many of us know of someone close to us who loses weight very easily while we have to work so hard?
  • Sahri21
    Sahri21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!! My fiancee is just like that! He has a size 30 waist, is over 6 foot and eats like a pig! And eats...and eats...he informed me last night that he ate 30 something pizza bites for dinner Friday when I was gone.

He can't understand my frustration with weight loss (or lack thereof) but at least he DOES try and help me with meal planning. He told me last night that if he could give me his metabolism he would. He keeps saying he has to put on his wedding weight. Lol!

We both have weight problems though if you think about it. He's not happy being so skinny, I'm not happy being over 200 pounds, and it's hard for us to reach our goal, so there ya go!
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same husband!!

this is an interesting issue in itself... :p
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    sounds rough. Keep on keepin' on..............
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Ya, mine never exercises and eats Chips Ahoy and Honey Buns all the time and still can't break 18% body fat. And he loses weight so fast! If he works overtime a couple days there goes 5 lbs like that!! I'm trying sooo hard to weigh the same as him but crap! Maybe I should make him some pie, Paula Deen style!!
    You say he never exercises, but I'm guessing he has some kind of physical job, otherwise working overtime would not affect his weight.

Your right, he's a welder.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You did not "gain 8lbs" -- you would have had to eat an additional 7,000 calories per day, which it sounds like you did not. Give it time, I'm sure over the next few days, you will be back to what you were before the trip.

Lastly, WITH that being said, on average- are you sure you are eating enough??
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    First off, I don't hate my hubby, lol. But I do hate the fact that he doesn't do any formal exercise and is naturally very muscular. Not to mention has a great butt too. Meanwhile, I've had to bust my behind day in and day out for the last 12 months to get where I am currently. So not fair. :laugh:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Ya, mine never exercises and eats Chips Ahoy and Honey Buns all the time and still can't break 18% body fat. And he loses weight so fast! If he works overtime a couple days there goes 5 lbs like that!! I'm trying sooo hard to weigh the same as him but crap! Maybe I should make him some pie, Paula Deen style!!
    You say he never exercises, but I'm guessing he has some kind of physical job, otherwise working overtime would not affect his weight.
    Exercise doesn't have to happen in a gym.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Me too. My man eats whatever he wants all day.

If he makes me a plate of food, he piles on the food!! I yell at him because he KNOWS how hard I have been working to lose weight and I count EVERY single thing I put in my mouth.

It's like he has no respect for me. I just finally told him he's not allowed to make me a plate of food anymore.

Yeah he piles on the food at home...well I do for him....in the ten years we have been together I can say He has made his own plate only when I haven't been home. Some will say that I shouldn't serve him like that...but I say he deserves it because he works his A*S off making sure I have a good life so I have no problems making that plate for him...he deserves to be served:)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yep it sucks....I wanna know why if you eat a pound of chocolates you gain 5 pounds?? lmao
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Whatever fat you have on you attracts and holds water. Weigh again after 2-3 days of proper eating (and eliminating!).
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    you didnt gain 8 pounds....the scale is a lying wh:angry: re.

you didn't even have to say anything...you have effing fizgig as your profile pic... that's just plain awesomeness...lol

HA...just frolicked in to say it isnt real weight gain...keep working hard...

This x
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same way... he can stuff his face all day long and not gain a pound. Which is actually not a good thing because he wants to gain weight. I don't really compare our bodies/food intakes/whatever because we are totally different. I don't care that he needs to eat probably at least twice as much as I do. (And my calorie goal is set to 2250 lol) I eat as much as my body needs. That's all I really care about.

You should be happy that you have a muscular husband whether he has to work for it or not...
  • jcraig1980
    jcraig1980 Posts: 34
    Options
    My husband and I have a very similiar relationship. He can eat like a pig and loose weight. However, his cholesterol had been way high. He just burns off the calories, but it still isn't good for the veins. He used to go around telling people that while he is skinny, he is fat on the inside! This year my diet has turned into a family health change. I do not buy anymore junk food for anyone in the house. And for my skinny husband I have been buying him protein drinks so he can instead gain some healthy muscle mass, b/c with no junk food in the house he was loosing a lot of weight. So far his cholesterol has gone down 70 points and he has gained 7 healthy pounds. I was suprised to learn that his body required almost 3,000 calories a day just to keep it going, and I only need 1200. If he lived on my diet he would starve and if I lived on his, I would continue to be obese.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't have to happen in a gym.

He was a stay at home Dad for a while and ate junk and ramen and all sorts of crazy stuff and still didn't gain but a little body fat, which was still under 18. He has lost some body fat since going back to work though. His job is very physical.