LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    /bows before you.

You rock. :drinker:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    @ OP: Congratulations!!!

@ALL: You should definitely try and max out on all 3. Personally, I've seen more blown pecs, ruptured tendons, and tricep injuries then I've ever seen injuries from Squatting or DL'ing. Bench Pressing "correctly" is actually fairly technical. DL'ing is my personal favorite to max out on because if you fail the attempt you just drop the weight and not worry about smashing your face or the spotter being able to grab it. 1-rep max on the DL is easy peazy.

If you tell yourself you can't without trying you've already failed. ;)
    I find working in a wave pattern for weights in my major lifts allows for a new PR attempt every month or so. Just follow 1rm weeks with a deload week.

True, but you don't even need to deload the following week. Just switch the exercise you're maxing out on every one or two weeks. For instance, last week I maxed-out on the conventional DL, this week I'm going to max out on the Back Squat, next week Low-Pin Rack Pulls, Sumo DL's, Box Squats, Good Mornings, rinse and repeat. I have my training planned out for a couple weeks and I just make small adjustments here and there depending on how I feel that day.

Oh I see. I wonder how accurate it is. You should try it to see if you can actually squat 155/160. I just hit a calculator and it says I could deadlift almost 300. That seems like a stretch but maybe I'll try it out...

Squat is one exercise I will never actually try a 1RM on because form is so important to a squat and not injuring yourself.

Good job on the increases! Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I might do it on bench though (with a spotter). Might be fun. My form also suffers on deadlifts if I try to heavy, so I probably wouldn't try it on that either.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Cool! I'm going to get that app lol.