I could do With a Hug

Options

Replies

• Nigelfightingfit
    Nigelfightingfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey have a hugi, a big one!

They are free and always make you feel happy

If other people dont understand or disrespect what you are doing, then dont let them have the power to make you unhappy, just be happy for yourself and find friends who really care

Feel free to add me as a friend for support if you want

Nigel
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Close your eyes, put your arms around yourself, think of the greatest hugger you know and squeeze. All of us here are very proud of you but I know from experience how hurtful Papa's words can be. If you gave yourself a squeeze for all of us who care, all you would get done for the rest of the evening is hugging yourself. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Is that enough? One can never get too many hugs.
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey just want you to remember you are not doing it for anyone but yourself. I'm not sure why your dad is tearing you down, maybe he doesn't even realize. I take his response with 1200 calories no matter the exercise, just shows his lack of knowledge in this. So in reality he makes no sense at all. Don't engage in a battle, just remember you are in control, and it makes you feel good. Good luck!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Time to move out?
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    big hugs hun, you stay motivated and keep working hard don't let anyone put you off family or otherwise, you are doing this for YOU!! for your health and your future and your happiness, you're doing a great job please don't put yourself down you should be proud of yourself!! :smile:
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You know in you heart it isn't true. Don't listen to him
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Tell your father he is uneducated, and can not justify anything he says untill he becomes educated, and if not, to shut up.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sending big hugs your way.
    Just remember you're doing this for yourself not your dad.
    Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    *hugs*

Sucks that your dad wasn't supporting you as he should. Somewhere in his mind he probably thinks he's doing the right thing for you and doesn't realize how wrong it all went. Just remember that you are doing great and really making a difference in yourself inside and out. You've got all the support you need here on MFP. Keep up the good work and prove to him that you're awesome!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    People are just human, you can't control what they say to you but you can control how you react to it and whether you take it on board or just brush it off! Don't take it on, motivate yourself and prove people wrong about you! x
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    ((hugs)) you r doing great and can get lots of positive support here.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    HUGS & HUGS & Support You In What your going through:flowerforyou:
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That was wrong and very mean, please keep eating right and working out cause you are doing this for yourself and not HIM
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    ((((((HUGS)))))) So sorry you have to put up with that. Hang in there and find strength in your accomplishments! :flowerforyou:
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    ::Big hugggggs!!!!!:: I'm sorry he's so negative! Just focus on yourself, and what your trying to do! :) You're worth every bit of the effort!!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    (((((HUG)))))

Just do it for yourself not them. Doing if for you and making you happy is more important than making them happy :-) I know it stings but try and focus on what you have achieved for you. Good luck and don't give up - you have lots of support here and well all know the work you have put in to drop a stone based on our own experiences - keep it up you deserve it
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    If i let my parents tell me what I looked like I would be huge!
    Do what feels right for you, because I don't think you are loosing this weight for them, it is for you.
    So why should it matter what others say.

I've had "your too skinny, your disgusting"
    "You big, wow do those jeans really fit your big *kitten*"
    All thanks to my mom, and you know what... she is isn't very skinny either.
    For my situation, I cannot speak for yours, but my mom was jealous.
    She still makes the comments of are you going to the gym, how often do you go.
    I personally take it as " I should go because I'm fat" but i let it slide and think about it and she probably just wants to know so that she can copy it.
  • karenp40
    karenp40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No one can take away your success. Hold onto that. It is unfortunate that your father is so forward. He should learn that supporting someone is not putting them down. Does he need to be a part of your weight loss journey?
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    Hugs coming your way. On the days you feel sluggish or when you are at the gym and you feel like you can't push any further, use it as your fuel. That is what I do and it works.:-)
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know it works and I just don't see why he's being so mean, this is after I made the whole dinner and cleaned all his clothes. I feel so frustrated that I've made progress and I'm sticking with it and even worse this over a ****ing slice of cheese.

If I had money I'd move back out again but I can't I have to live at home and deal with this every day.

Ouch..it really sucks when you area n adult, but treated like you aren't, and yet can't really tell them off (like you could with say a friend) because your depending on them in some way. He sounds like an *kitten*, and I kind of wonder if he (like my dad used to be) sort of likes having something over other people and likes to be right and in control, and when you showed him you WERE already doing something and it's working..it messes with that. But I don't know either of you so who knows.

Just keep doing what you're doing. I had to look up how many lbs a stone was and that's quite a few, good job! Hang in there. Perhaps you might be able to show your doctor the MFP site and what you've been doing and get his or her backing. Hard for a dad to argue with "my doctor told me to" you know?