Replies

• RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    a calorie is still a calorie and 3500 of them still make a pound
  • Jeramie1
    Jeramie1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Let me begin by saying that I have already conceded part of my original statement.

I would like to thank everybody that offered real information and answered my question. I did read through all of the articles and web links that were offered. They were all about the same as the articles I found when I originally did my research into the subject matter years ago. I still maintain that this is most definitely a complex topic, and there is no straight forward answer.
    If I were to eat 63.18 lbs of baby carrots (approx 10,000 cals), I would not gain 3 lbs of body weight but would be "on the pot" suffering for awhile. This is because of the high fiber content which is mostly passed through without being digested. If I were to eat 37 snickers candy bars (approx 10,000 cals) I would most definitely have an upset stomach and also hypothesize a much different result in weight gain. 37 of those would be about 503 grams of fat which is easily absorbed and around 1276.5 grams of carbohydrates. Carbs can be broken down and turned into body fat but requires a lot of work that the body doesn't really like doing so it is rare. Given that my body would actually absorb all of that without burning any of it off, I would gain almost 4 lbs of body fat. (direct conversion of grams to lbs)
    I hope this thread has inspired thought and provided information for many people who have been following along. Hopefully the negative statements and juvenile comments haven't turned too many people away. Thanks to all