Which stat do you most frequently go over?

Options

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I track calories, carbs, protein, fiber and fat.

Because i am diabetic, I am most concerned with NOT exceeding my daily carb allowance (set at 75 grams). I don't track sugars as I consider sugar a subset of carbs.

I frequently go over my fat allowance (set at 47 grams) but am not particularly concerned about it ...most of my fat comes from lean protein (chicken, turkey, venison) or is monounsaturated (almonds, avocado, olives)

I often go over my protein goal as well. I'd like to exceed my fiber allowance, but without grains, I struggle to hit that total without a fiber supplement.
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    sugar
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I usually go over on my fiber, but I figure more fiber is a good thing.

Me too.
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    carbs & sugar specifically. i stopped looking at sugar when i'd eat an apple and be over on sugar for the day.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Fat (and cholesterol if I eat more than one egg).

I don't worry about it - for the most part my fats are from good sources, and I don't go over a lot. I was going over on sodium but just being able to track that has cut it down.
  • amossberg
    amossberg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fiber. Sometimes carbs (particularly if I have a sandwich at lunch & then pasta in evening), but 80% of the time if I exceed anything it's fiber.

Surprisingly, never sodium.
  • ssilvey726
    ssilvey726 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For about a week I was tracking sodium. If you eat one packaged/processed meal a day, you are going to SHATTER the mark set by this site.

I work a 10-hour shift with no lunch break, so packaged meals are my best bet if I want to eat anything. I didn't like it saying that I was eating double the sodium I should based on one meal a day, so I stopped tracking for sodium and started tracking for positive things like Vitamin C and Fiber. That way if I go over on those, it's not a bad thing, but a good thing,
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    pretty much always over on fiber and protein, but i work hard to keep it that way.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    protein and sodium. Protein on purpose, sodium because it seems to be in damn near everything.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    protein and sodium. Protein on purpose, sodium because it seems to be in damn near everything.

^^THIS^^
  • catwoman131
    Options
    Unlike most people, my big one is potassium. Seems like it never gets close enough to the daily goal (though a lot of foods contain potassium and it is rarely reported on nutrition labels). It has a big impact on everything from ensuring proper transmission of nerve impulses to preventing muscle cramps. Always looking for more sources of potassium!
  • SherriLibrarian
    Options
    I'm having the same problem with sugar that others are, as well as Protein,which I'm not worried about. I have been avoiding some natural sugars, like fruits, because it.

I'm going to go in and up my protein setting, but it will come out of my carbs.
  • ifyouwanttosingout
    Options
    I always hilariously go over my fiber, and sometimes fat. This is because I am a vegan and it's easy to rack up the fiber on the diet. Once I noticed how high my fat was getting, I decided to eat more fruits versus nuts.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Usually carbs or fat. I am set at 45 carbs, 30 protein and 25 fat or somesuch.
    It is usually my fruit, including prunes, and apple rice cakes that send me over.
  • allisonleigh11
    Options
    I seem to ALWAYS go over on my sugar.
  • ifyouwanttosingout
    Options
    Usually carbs or fat. I am set at 45 carbs, 30 protein and 25 fat or somesuch.
    It is usually my fruit, including prunes, and apple rice cakes that send me over.

Mmm...apple rice cakes.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Protein and Fiber. I don't track sugar because by the time you have 2 servings of fruits you are probably over... salt I don't care it is transient and flushes out. I can tell by my BP and shoes if I have overdone it.

I don't eat a lot of processed foods though which keeps my sodium down anyway.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Protein -- I actually have trouble meeting my carb goals, which I find funny because I always thought they were my problem.
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm always over on sugar because I eat fruit all day. And I'm usually over my fiber, which I don't mind.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options

^^^^ me too!