What is your workout & work schedule?

Options

Replies

• busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    I am up between 3:30-4:00 am and have to be to work at 5:30am. My job is on my feet all day and I walk aton. My pedometer logs in at over 6,000 steps. I workout in the evening
  • Lillouns
    Lillouns Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I work 6:45am-3pm. It's a little hard to fit a workout in with a baby, but I usually manage! Plus I like to get a nap in. So I usually get home, feed her, either nap when she does around 4-ish, or I workout then I nap a little later.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 4:30.
    Gym by 5.
    On the road by 6.
    Shower at work and start work at 7.

Needless to say I'm tired and super rushed but at least I know I got it in.
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have to be at work for 6:00 every morning and depending on the day I'm either there til 2:30pm, typically Monday and Thursday or until 6:30pm usually Tuesday and Wednesday. A couple of days a week I'm in a kickboxing class for an hour. The class will either start at 7:15 or 7:45. When I'm not doing that I'll run around my neighborhood and if it's too hot or raining I have and elliptical and an array of workout videos. I don't have a set time for my at home work outs so I just do them when I feel like it. I'm single with no kids.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I schedule my workouts like I schedule anything else... and that has really helped me.
    There is no way in this world I would get up early to workout, never! love to sleep. I do it in the evenings or weekends.

Before my kids got busy (I am a single mom to twins) I worked out Mon, Tues, and Sat.... sometimes Thurs too.

Monday - weight circuit, cardio (usually 5k on the treadmill)
    Tuesday - Body Jam (dance class)
    Saturday - weight circuit, and Body Jam for cardio.

If I can throw in a run outside I will, I LOVE running outside but it's harder becuase 1. weather and 2. finding daycare for my kids

I am starting the 30 day shred program too becuase I need to tone my twin stomach! Hope to see good results like others on here.

Honestly, this is really all I have ever done for the gym and I have seen good results. I think for me that its more I am consistent.
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I go to work at 5:00am or 7:00am depending on the shift. The folks under me leave by 4:30pm, but I'm usually there anywhere from 5:30-8:00pm. If it's before 6:30pm... guess what, I'm hitting the gym. I bring my clothes when I leave in the morning so I don't have an excuse. I decided I can't keep making excuses. If I don't get home from the gym until 8pm, oh well. Eat a sandwich, and go to sleep. Start the next day. It's really not so bad. I'm actually trying to get convince myself I need to go no matter what time I leave work.
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello, I work out in the evenings. Mornings are too hard with work. You didn't say if you had to be home for children. I do not. I work out on Tuesdays with my trainer 5:30- 6:30 and then 30 mins or cardio after.
    weds, Kick boxing 5:30-6:30. (my trainer happens to teach the class. Thursdays weights 6:45 to 7:25 then kick boxing 7:30-8:30. Yoga right after for 15 minutes Saturdays 8:00-9:00 work out with my trainer then right after 9:00-10:00 kick boxing. Sunday kick boxing 9:00-10:45. 10:45-11:00 yoga
  • SweetLillyM
    Options
    When I first started I was trying to do a morning workout, that only lasted 2 days. I work out after work. No excuses, I do it every night. I hate getting up early! lol

If it's not way too hot, I take the dog for a walk and then I come back and get on my exercise bike while I watch TV.
  • coreymo
    coreymo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For me I have to be to work by 8 but my kids are always up around 6am, making it difficult to workout in the morning. I tried working out in the morning for a few months by begging my husband to get up early with the kids, and while I loved getting it over in the morning, I found that my workouts were limited and I could never be free to go longer when I was really feeling good. So I switched it back to the night when kids are asleep and hubby is home. It's hard to get going, but once I am going I work out way more intense then I would in the morning. And, it's NOT optional. It's as optional as going to work is - I'd have to be sick enough to call in sick to work to be too sick to workout.

My workout schedule right now is this (I'm training for a 10-miler in August)

Monday: 30-45 min cardio (treadmill or outside)
    Tuesday: lift weights
    Wednesday: 30-45 min cardio
    Thursday: 30-45 min cardio
    Friday: lift weights
    Saturday: long run 60-90 mins+

Also, I always look for creative ways to add exercise to my day. I always park the farthest space from every building, I walk for 20-30 minutes on my lunch break, and if I have to walk to someone's office I take the longest route or sometimes walk down extra hallways to get in a few more steps. I also stand as much as possible throughout the day, such as at my son's soccer games. If my husband and I are both going to watch one of the kids' events, I throw my bike in the van and ride it home while he drives the kids home.

Good luck!!
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured out when to get work outs in yet. I do shift work and my schedule can (and usually does) change every 2 months. I also generally have a 4 day work week but right now I am on 5 days. I could come in before work to work out but I don't want to take away from time spent with my boys nor do I want to work out right after lunch. I could stay after but I get up around 7am and by 11pm I am ready for bed. I switch to a midnight shift at the end of August, I am going to try to work out before work with that shift because the boys are in bed by 8pm. I won't be missing out on time with them that way. We shall see when that time comes. Other than that, I log extra things that I don't do every day. I log house cleaning and when I take the boys swimming. I also log grocery shopping as I am usually pushing my youngest in the cart, he weighs 35 pounds plus the groceries in the cart can be a bit of a work out. :laugh:
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 6:15 am

Gym from 6:45 to 7:20 am

Work from 8:30- 5 pm
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    If I'm at my house, I'm up at 4:45am and out the door (biking or running) by 5am. I'm done around 5:45am-6am, in the shower and then out the door so I can be at work for 7am-and sadly I live about 30-45 minutes from work. 9 times out of 10, when I get home, (I get out at 5 on a good day, 5:15-5:30 on a bad day) I'm biking or jogging again at 6pm for another 30 or so minutes. If I'm at my boyfriends, I don't have to wake up til 5:45am and we're out the door running or biking at 6am for about the same amount of time. He lives 10 minutes from my work so it's a lot easier for me.
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I teach school so I get up at 5:30am to get ready for work - no way I'd get up earlier than that for a workout! The nice thing though is that I leave work at 4pm and my husband and I go workout together from 4:30 to 5:30pm. We keep each other motivated! Fortunately we don't have kids to come home to... From 5:30pm onward we have plenty of time to make dinner, clean, watch a movie, or whatever. It's a pretty sweet deal :).

The biggest thing for me is having someone else (my hubby) rely on me. Then I HAVE to go workout :)
  • h2oophelia
    h2oophelia Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm up at 5am. Work-out at home from 5:15-5:45, then in the shower, get my daughter up and ready, and we're out the door by 7am. I work till 3:30pm then pick up the kid, and run errands, cook dinner, and housework until bedtime. I would love to be able to work out in the evenings but I'm just more motivated in the morning.

I'm really looking forward to the day when my daughter is old enough to stay home by herself and I get to wake up and go for a walk....alone....outside. But until then, at home fitness dvd's will have to do. :)
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    Up at 4:30 a.m. Work 5:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (Convenience Store manager) Workout time is always in the evening, usually somewhere between 6:00 and 8:30 depending on my wife's schedule and participation.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, I work out at 6am so I have time to shower, etc. before my husband goes to work at 7:30 :) I'm sooo not a morning person but it's done for the day.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I work FT with 2 kids - I start work at 7.20am :) No time for a workout in the morning

8.30pm on wards is when I train, every night no excuse. I make this my hour of power! I see it like this, I do this for me I am not doing this for anyone else, I like me, I don't want to let myself down and No one else is going to do this for me..

I also find an event to train for - I signed up for a 10km yesterday - I torn my ankle 18 weeks ago which threw my plans out for a half. Anyway I signed up for a smaller run instead - this keeps me focused. I know I need to train for this so therefore it motivates me.

Also if you are going to workout in the morning some secrets others do
    - Sleep in their workout gear
    - Have the stuff by the bed and as soon as the alarm goes, get up and do it

Good luck! It's all a journey :smile:

What a happy and positive post!!! Awesome work :)

Do you have work out gear at home, or someone to sit the kids while you go to the gym - thats my prob... no one else is around to look after the little ones, so I have to stay home. Can't wait to get my ex-bike, I already have a swiss ball and dumbells.

Thanks! I bought stuff - I have a shed and I figure I have no excuse! I have a Treddie, Elliptical (which someone gave me for free) and weights bench, squat rack, basic lat station...and about 100kgs of free weights

I love to train, Lifes so short not to be your best self....I just want to keep going and live as best I can...

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Get it in where I fit it in! I do try to get it over with early as possible though.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have two 15 minute breaks at work and I usually get in a brisk 1.1 mile walk in the each 15 minute period. I usually run a couple of miles during my hour lunch either on the treadmill our outside with my husband. I try to get in my little "mini challenges" at night after the kids go to bed. I have three kids that are 7, 5 and almost 3 so I have to fit in little workouts whenever I can! :)
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    I work 2nd shift, so I have all morning to exercise before work. : )