Fears About Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Losing my ta-tas. I know.. shallow LOL. They've already gotten smaller and the skin around them is sagging. But, it's a small price to pay for being fit and healthy. Just lots of lotion and water and time.... :D
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    Mine is the saggy skin.
    I Already i have to get laser treatment for my strech marks (There so bad there red).
    I Hate to skin tightned too but we will see.
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    So not sure if this is in the right catagory or not. Just curious what some of your fears are from losing weight? Mine would be that if I lose enough I am gonna have saggy skin that hangs on my belly and the other one is I will lose my chubby cheeks and my age will finally show lol and last I guess that what if it somehow alters my personality? I grew up as a big kid, young adult now adult and I have always loved my personality it was all I had going for me lol. Do you have any fears from losing weight?

My biggest fear is gaining it back. For me, this is a lifestyle change - not a diet that will end. My plan is to continue being active and making healthy choices when it comes to food. However, I will not deprive myself - if I want something, I will eat it - only in moderation! I am also a little nervous that the flabby skin will not go away. I want to rock a bikini (stretch marks and all!). I bought two this summer, and I wear them, but I know I have more work to do before I feel totally comfortable in them.

My personality HAS changed. I was always overweight and very self conscious. Now, I am more outgoing because I have confidence and self-esteem that never existed before. As I said to my husband - my outside finally matches my inside :)
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I am scared. Of many things....yes, the saggy skin, but I WILL have a tummy tuck if necessary. I'm working out to try to prevent that though... I'm scared of the "coin slot" belly button that comes with that though. I kinda like my own belly button. ;)

I guess I'm scared of being "visible" again. I have gotten very comfortable just being in the background and people watching without being noticed.

Also, of something happening to me (Illness, accident, whatever) once I finally get where I want to be...and then gaining it all back.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I already lost my boobs, just waiting for my body to catch up and be proportional again. I went from a D to a B. haha.

I have already noticed this but having too much interaction with other people. I'm the type of person who was a loner all my life. I have a few good friends I hang out with and a bunch of acquaintances I talk to at the gym but I always keep an arms distance to most of them. I could barely look anyone in the eye anytime I left the house when I was bigger and now my personality and confidence is changing, I am super scared to go down the "social road". People talk to me all the time and it drives me nuts. haha

I already have saggy skin...haha. Its really not that bad. I hope I will be able to get it removed in another 40lbs or so.

I grew up with a best friend who got more attention because she was thinner then me. I also had a mom who had issues with self confidence. She divorced my stepfather and dated a bunch of men. She would do anything for attention and seemed to base her self worth on who "liked her". That lead me to think that way of myself until I met my husband. I'm afraid I will be like other girls on here showing their boobs and butt's to get any bit of attention from men once I get a hot body. I am bound and determined to not ever let that happen.

I haven't lived my life and found what I want to do with it yet. I should have by now and I wont be able to hide behind my weight anymore.

Those are mine :flowerforyou:
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So not sure if this is in the right catagory or not. Just curious what some of your fears are from losing weight? Mine would be that if I lose enough I am gonna have saggy skin that hangs on my belly and the other one is I will lose my chubby cheeks and my age will finally show lol and last I guess that what if it somehow alters my personality? I grew up as a big kid, young adult now adult and I have always loved my personality it was all I had going for me lol. Do you have any fears from losing weight?

My biggest fear is gaining it back. For me, this is a lifestyle change - not a diet that will end. My plan is to continue being active and making healthy choices when it comes to food. However, I will not deprive myself - if I want something, I will eat it - only in moderation! I am also a little nervous that the flabby skin will not go away. I want to rock a bikini (stretch marks and all!). I bought two this summer, and I wear them, but I know I have more work to do before I feel totally comfortable in them.

My personality HAS changed. I was always overweight and very self conscious. Now, I am more outgoing because I have confidence and self-esteem that never existed before. As I said to my husband - my outside finally matches my inside :)

This! I'm terrified of gaining it back. Also, I'm scared that I won't be able to lose what I need to lose. I'm worried that I haven't made enough of a change to make a difference. I haven't even really thought about how it will be when I get to my goal weight because right now I'm so fucused on just getting there.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I fear that after I completely change my lifestyle for the better, lose my weight and become more active, it will create strain in my relationship.

I live with my boyfriend and I love him. We are two very lazy people. I used to be a major pothead but I quit. I used to play video games in 10 hour blocks but cut back a lot. I used drink beer by the 6-pack but now only have the occasional glass of wine. I used to spend the majority of my time indoors but now make it a point to get out everyday. My darling has not changed his habits yet. It's not an issue, but I am scared it could become one in the future. I fear maybe our different lifestyles will create distance. I am trying to get him to join me on my outings here and there to prevent that.
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you each and everyone of you for being open and honest with not just this thread, but with yourself. Sometimes, I think, it is good to admit to our fears.

"Confront your fears, list them, get to know them, and only then will you be able to put them aside and move ahead." - Jerry Gillies

I know fears are a darker side of the human persona, but I think they can also be turned to light. We can face them, admit to them, learn from them, and conquer them through living and experiencing them. I will one day face my fears when I have lost enough of this outer shell and only then will I know what it feels like to accept the next set of challenges of the internal shell, because fear is from our minds.

When I look in the mirror will I still see a big ol' pile of fat? Or will I see someone who has reached their goal from this life style change? Will I see saggy skin? Probably, but it is how I will look at the glass is it half empty or half full? Did I lose the weight and accomplish one of my life long dreams? Or am I still that girl who sees nothing but a thin girl trapped in a fat girls body? I don't know yet because I am not yet at that point, but I would sure like to find out what is hiding beneath all these layers of fat. Who is she? Who is that trapped girl waiting to escape? Time will tell.

I hope that I will be looking at the glass half full and not half empty, I hope I won't see that cowardly girl who hides behind a bag of chips packing the pounds on to avoid reality. This is reality, this is my reality I am worth it, I am worth feeling happy with my outer shell to match my inner one. I hope you guys know you are worth it too.

Thank you once again for sharing.

xox

Nikki
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Totally the saggy skin. It doesn't help that I've been losing weight at the rate of about 10 lbs per month, which is a bit more than what's considered healthy.
    I heard that people my size (started at 240) could lose really fast for a while and then chill, so I'm hoping it chills out.
    I'll be eating more once I go back to school too, and probably exercise twice a week instead of 5 times so that'll help it chill out too.
    But I'm still concerned!
  • WarriorPrncss
    Options
    Sadly, my #1 fear is losing my boobs... but maybe that's is just an--- I'm fat, frumpy and the only girly things about me is them.

I guess I'll know when I get smaller. WHEN I lose weight... I am also a little afraid of sagging, but I am working out 4-6 times a week, so my hope is that as long as I work out hard while I'm losing it I can get to my goal and be tones and not have to work SO hard to maintain.

I'm also afraid of gaining it back... though-- I do realize this is a lifestyle change-- not just a diet.

Also, I've discovered a great fitness community at my gym and outside with some of the instructors--- once I can handle the harder workouts I will take part and that will keep me on the right track.
  • ironicusername
    Options
    I totally have the skin and age fears. I also think about how I may be treated differently because I'll be more attractive, like guys who are normally jerks will turn into wolves in sheep's clothing. I also have a (hopefully!) irrational fear that because I'll be more attractive I'll be more of a target for assault, like rape or being kidnapped for human trafficking. I don't often hear of fatties being victims of those crimes. lol
  • dreamsofescaping
    Options
    I totally have the skin and age fears. I also think about how I may be treated differently because I'll be more attractive, like guys who are normally jerks will turn into wolves in sheep's clothing. I also have a (hopefully!) irrational fear that because I'll be more attractive I'll be more of a target for assault, like rape or being kidnapped for human trafficking. I don't often hear of fatties being victims of those crimes. lol

I have always felt the same way that I am less likely to be a target if I am over weight for those "wolves in sheeps clothing" and for sexual assult. Maybe a good fitness would be a womans self defense class?
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight for so long that it seems like all the fat on my body serves as a security blanket.

This wasn't a fear I had until I started losing weight..when I was really fat I was a great fat girl..people seem to have lower expectations of fat people so the fact that I was smart, loved sports, I could cook, I had a great sense of humor- well I was like the Gold Medal of fat girls..but now that I'm not as fat- but I'm not skinny I don't seem to have a group to belong to so I find it very difficult to fit in (bad pun not intended)

So now I find that I'm much shyer around people, because my security blanket is gone but I'm not a part of the "cool skinny girl" club...it's probably one of my biggest challenges..that and cellulite. And thigh fat.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I am scared of losing my breasts. I am currently a 40DDD but I really don't want to get down to 40D. Shoot I'll even settle for my HS cup size C.
  • ironicusername
    Options

I have always felt the same way that I am less likely to be a target if I am over weight for those "wolves in sheeps clothing" and for sexual assult. Maybe a good fitness would be a womans self defense class?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I always feel like I'm so paranoid for thinking those thoughts. lol
  • dreamsofescaping
    Options
    Not at all! I am sure there are many of us who feel the same way. :smile:
  • ernielaurie
    Options
    Saggy skin (already seeing that) and maintaining.
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    My boobs are sagging. And I hope they don't sag more when I keep losing. I'm going to work on toning the rest of my body, but my boobs won't get much of a tone =(
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've never ever seen anyone look older through weight loss. :)

It seemed like my mom aged about 10 years overnight when she lost all her weight. But she was older to begin with (early 50s), and her weight loss was rapid (160 lbs or so in a year) and was a result of emergency GI surgery.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Your young, so I think if you lose it slower it will probably tighten up nicely. I have lost 107 pounds and at 50 I really don't look to bad. I wish I would have done it at 30 but....never to late : ) Make sure you drink lots of water!!