Replies

• MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    That's a GREAT time for a beginner. Well done! :drinker:
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    brilliant, i was so thrilled when i did it a few weeks ago. i think it was the first time in my life that i'd done it! up to 2 miles now.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome!
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Awesome!!! That's a good pace too! You should join dailymile (www.dailymile.com, keep your posts public and you'll get lots of encouragement!) Good luck with your 5k!

Thank yyou.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Great job on running your first mile...that's awesome!!! :happy:
  • lmsorrell1
    lmsorrell1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your mile! Great job.

I am not a big sharer - but I did the Couch to 5K - so I wanted to share my experience.

My investment adviser told me that was how he started and within 11 months - he ran the Chicago Marathon. (Much better discussion than my investments.) I've known this guys years and thought - 'I could do that!' Found the app - and off I went.

I started at New Years and finally finished the 9 weeks in June. (Obviously - the math doesn't add up.) I did week 3, week 5 and week 6 - multiple times. I didn't give up and realized - some people are natural runners - I probably am not. I didn't lose a lot of weight - maybe 3 lbs. From NSV success - I could walk up the 30 stairs at the train station without running out of breath.

After that - I figured there had to be an app for where I was at - which is how I got on MFP. Now the weight is starting to come off. I still keep running as part of my workout 3 days a week. This week - I started adding time and distance on to my 5K. I may never make a marathon - but I feel so much stronger.

My whole point - don't give up. The end of Couch to 5K is not being an avid runner - it is working up to 30 minutes of great cardio activity!
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    brilliant, i was so thrilled when i did it a few weeks ago. i think it was the first time in my life that i'd done it! up to 2 miles now.

I couldn't stop smiling! Congrats!!
  • jenbehe
    Options
    Congrats on your mile! Great job.

I am not a big sharer - but I did the Couch to 5K - so I wanted to share my experience.

My investment adviser told me that was how he started and within 11 months - he ran the Chicago Marathon. (Much better discussion than my investments.) I've known this guys years and thought - 'I could do that!' Found the app - and off I went.

I started at New Years and finally finished the 9 weeks in June. (Obviously - the math doesn't add up.) I did week 3, week 5 and week 6 - multiple times. I didn't give up and realized - some people are natural runners - I probably am not. I didn't lose a lot of weight - maybe 3 lbs. From NSV success - I could walk up the 30 stairs at the train station without running out of breath.

After that - I figured there had to be an app for where I was at - which is how I got on MFP. Now the weight is starting to come off. I still keep running as part of my workout 3 days a week. This week - I started adding time and distance on to my 5K. I may never make a marathon - but I feel so much stronger.

My whole point - don't give up. The end of Couch to 5K is not being an avid runner - it is working up to 30 minutes of great cardio activity!

Congrats to you too!

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I've repeated weeks as well, and it has taken me about a month and a half - 2 months to get where I am! I am hoping to continue on like you have, adding more distance and time and hoping to challenge myself.

Good luck on all your running adventures!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Fair warning......running is addictive and runners have been known to exhibit an unnaturally positive outlook on life.
  • APHerrera
    APHerrera Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm on week 2 of C25K. I can run 2 miles without stopping on a treadmill, but I don't think I can make it a mile without stopping outside. Honestly, I'm just getting nervous about the 3 minute runs in week 3...

congratulations!
  • djeden
    djeden Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is so exciting.
    I haven't hit that point yet - just doing jog/walk intervals. But slowly trying to jog for longer periods. So, I too totally "get it". I can't wait to be able to say the same thing. :)
  • jenbehe
    Options
    Congrats!! That is so exciting.
    I haven't hit that point yet - just doing jog/walk intervals. But slowly trying to jog for longer periods. So, I too totally "get it". I can't wait to be able to say the same thing. :)

That's the way to do it! Good luck on your jogging journey!
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I jogged my first whole mile a few weeks ago! Its just a great feeling congrats!!!
  • ricarte1983
    Options
    Well done.... wish I was as brave as you but jogging is not for me. Good luck too!
  • Sunkissed734
    Sunkissed734 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Did you do c25k for 5 weeks straight?
  • lil_pixie
    lil_pixie Posts: 48
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done. And it's amazing how much easier it is to go on to running the next mile. I remember it took me about 2 months to do my first mile non-stop, but then after another 2 months I could run 5 miles non-stop.
    Just keep thinking I can do it and remember how well you've done and that will keep you going.
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    Congrats on your first mile and cheers to many more! :drinker:
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Way To Go!!! Keep up the great job you're doing!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is such an awesome feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!