how often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    When I remember.

For me, the scale is a number and it isn't the number that I care about. It's the fit of my clothing, whether I can sleep all night without waking up from some pain caused by my excess weight and if I can walk that day. My health is why I am here. I'm pre-diabetic, wear an elbow brace every day, have issues with my hips, knees ankles and wrists if the pain goes away I know I'm getting close to a healthy weight.

Last year I tried to lose weight also. I killed myself exercising. I got a personal trainer - paid big bucks. Went to the gym every day counted calories..and watched the scale go UP and UP and UP..( I was putting on muscle) The number means nothing, base your success on your health and not some artificial indicator.
  • KatieLouiseIzzard
    KatieLouiseIzzard Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The only time I get weighed is when I go to the doctors for my check up every six months. Other than that I use my clothes and the trusty measuring tape as a guide. Different substances weigh more than others, so scales can be off by a lot on any given day and time. I always take the numbers with a pinch of salt.
  • sgxh
    sgxh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Once a week! Namely every wednesday and i call it "Weigh-in Wednesday"s" :flowerforyou:

I used to be obsessed with the scales and i would weigh myself everyday and if the numbers went up,
    my mood would be affected for the rest of the day so i decided to stick to the once a week plan!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself anytime I think about eating sweets! Also, just about every time I go to the bathroom.
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    About every 2 months.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Since weight fluctuates constantly, you should not be weighing yourself everyday. My official weigh in is Friday morning. Whatever the scale says on Friday, is what I record as my loss/gain/maintain for the week. HOWEVER ... I do step on the scale Wednesday mornings so that I can get a preview. :-)
  • SadieToughLady
    Options
    I weigh myself every couple of days. However, I only record my weight on Wednesdays. Mondays are not a good day for me because it is the day after the weekend and I tend to splurge on the weekends. Wednesdays are good for me:)
  • smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you!! Persoanlly once every week or two weeks.

Make sure you use the sames scales, weight yourself in the morning before eating and drinking and preferably naked, no having to calculate pounsd for clothes etc! lol

xx
  • childsca
    childsca Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. Sometimes I think I shouldn't because if I see I've gone down I'll think to myself, "Meh, why not? Just have that slice of pizza...you're losing...what can it hurt?" but then I think if I weigh everyday it keeps me in check if I'm gaining.
  • Cgrnlaw
    Cgrnlaw Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Daily.....
  • johnnys30
    johnnys30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Once a week but sometimes I check if I feel worried I may have had a bad day or hopeful that I had a couple really good ones.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Whenever the mood stikes me. I'm not a slave to the scale and still losing just fine.
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    Most mornings when I think about it. I measure my neck, bust, arms, waist, hips and thighs in inches also. It's really interesting to see how your body fluctuates depending on water retention etc... If I'm losing weight but not inches - I think I'd worry that I was losing muscle and get a head start on reversing that. Some people might find such regular results horrifying however :P
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Daily ... first thing in the morning.

Actually, I tend to weigh myself at night too ... I find it interesting (and convicting) to see how much I can fluctuate with garbage food or sodium ... but anyway, daily.
  • Sarahsarahsarahk
    Sarahsarahsarahk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday because it keeps me on track but I don't log it everyday!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but record weekly. I have learned my daily fluctuations. For example- I always weigh more on Tuesdays. Apparently I retain the most water up to this day. Thursdays and Fridays I weigh the least. I record on Thursdays.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Friday morning, I used to be a weigh every day person but I found it make me overly obsessive, and I would get upset with water weight etc, so once a week works for me!
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh once a week. I weigh on Monday morning so that I am not tempted to overeat on the weekend. Sometimes I will also weigh on Thursday morning just to see how the week is progressing, but I try not to let that number affect me too much. Monday is the offical number.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    *ahem* SEARCH FUNCTION* ahem*cough*cough*

We've been here before! I recognize that tree!
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday it keeps me honest to me self :drinker: I started this new Sensa diet and I want to see if it's working at all today is the end of my first week and I have lost almost 7 lbs. Keeping my fingers cross hope it helps me a little more.