What does your SO think of your transformation?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jeebs71
    Jeebs71 Posts: 41
    Options
    Mine keeps moaning about the amount of time I am spending at the gym trying to get in shape. I have so far lost 28lbs, but have about another 28 to go. I am loving the exercise and just want to do as much as I can to get where I need to be. Once I am there, I hope to scale it back a bit to maintain. I never, ever thought I would say this but I love going to the gym now. I am very motivated at the moment and after getting nagged at (again) this morning about being at the gym it really has lowered my mood. It's not going to stop me though - if anything it is making me more determined. He doesn't mind reaping the benefits of me looking better and getting into smaller clothes, but I can't be bothered with the nagging involved in getting there.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are doing different methods. She LOVES my transformation and tells me I'm so damn sexy at least 3 or 4 times a day. I'm vocal about my weight loss and feel bad, but I do it cause it keeps my focused. She's losing slow and steady, and I try to point out where I see changes. This weekend I noticed she had thinner legs that were longer. I think shes doing awesome, but it is slow and steady so she gets frustrated. it does seem to be easier for me.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I keep complaining about some clothes that dont fit yet and he jsut tells me to be pateint and I will be tehre before I know it! He TRIES to watch his calorie intake and what he eats as well and, he TELLS his mom about it when I say something about not wanting to eat something or whatever (since my M.I.L. isnt always very supportive).

Also, we are BOTH going to start P90X next month with my Step Sister, after vacations so we arent interrupted TOO much for those 90 days! :)
  • MsBrdlv
    MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    He is supportive of me, most of the time. Recently he has started rolling his eyes when I open MFP app on my phone. We are going on vacation with his family at the end of this week and he has already asked me, "you aren't going to be on that while we are gone are you?" Of course, I told him that I was. Then I was telling him that I found an indoor walking/jogging track where we are going, so I could continue my C25K training and he was not too happy..............he doesn't want his family to have to, "wait around for me to do that," as he puts it. So frustrating!!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I honestly believe because I'm much happier with myself so is he. My body isn't the only thing that transformed with the weight loss, my whole being did. He picks on me sometimes saying it's like hugging a skeleton but I know that he is proud of me, lol. I am proud of him too, he's lost 62 lbs now and he's doing fantastic!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    If I'd have continued to wait for the affirmation I thought I NEEDED from my hubby in order to have STARTED this journey-
    and the drive to KEEP going-
    I'd STILL be overweight.

So, I decided to JUST DO IT- and not say anything about it- not count on him for support.

In all honesty, the fact that NOW he brags to other people ( after they comment on my loss) pisses me off a little...
    because he showed complete indifference UNTIL I *proved* to him that I wasn't just talkin' about it this time around,
    that I kept it up.

The thing is- I'm an emotional eater- and until I break free of the need for his- or anyone else's APPROVAL-
    GOOD or BAD
    and the need for AFFIRMATION- as wonderful as that is..........

and just focus on my HEALTH- PERIOD.....

that's the KEY to my journey.

Sure, it would be nice to have all the OOooos and AAAhhhs........but I've let *feelings* drive me my whole life.......
  • valmb2
    valmb2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't that into it. He tells me all the time that he can notice the changes, and that I am sexy and all that crap, BUT he gets frustrated me when I am on here. He rolls his eyes when I don't want to eat something. He always has to have to have junk in the house. I go to taekwondo 2 nights a week, and he acts like it kills him to stay here with the kids. AND FORGET about asking to go to another class on a different day, or sparring on a different day. He will fight me tooth and nail not to go. :( He doesn't even LIKE to talk about taekwondo. It annoys him, and he has even come out and told me, "I'm not interested in it."

He is bigger himself, and my changes (I really feel) are making him more self-conscience about himself. Now he tells me all the time how fat he is, how I only like skinny and fit men, and how I'm "not attracted to him." Which I totally am, I love bigger men, but him being a douche-bag makes me not even want to be around him let alone be intimate. Sigh. He says he wants to start working out, but he will not do my video with me. He does work all the time at a hard physical job, 6 days a week, so I get that he is tired. BUT he makes poor food choices, and is to busy feeling bad about himself that he wont do anything about it.

I am feeling awesome; the best I have ever felt, I feel so strong, and sexy, but it’s hard not to let him drag me down. I am trying to motivate him and I am doing my best to help him feel good about himself, but there comes a point when he has GOT to take matters in his own hands. I mean, no one made me make changes; I am on this journey alone.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    He's proud of me and loves reaping the benefits of me feeling better about myself/feeling healthier.

Mine, too...he was skeptical at first, thinking this was going to be yet another disappointment for me, but now he loves my new confidence and all the extra "FUN" that comes along with it! lol
  • dmb0114
    dmb0114 Posts: 49
    Options
    In theory my husband is supportive. In day to day life however he is the biggest saboteur in constantly bringing home junk and then constantly offering it to me. And if I hear one more time... "you need to eat..." I might just scream. He always says this after we have a meal where I did eat and am quite satisfied but for some reason he constantly seems to think I didn't eat enough. Hmmm....
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mine can't keep her hands off me :blushing:

She hasn't been able to make any progress in her weight loss, though, so sometimes it causes some discomfort because I've had some success so far.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    My SO was pretty supportive of me losing weight. However, I underwent a complete life transformation, became a healthier person and started setting and achieving goals. He, on the other hand, didn't have any goals, didn't take care of his body, or his mental health. Unfortunately, this led to me leaving him two weeks ago. It's hard when you change into a more positive and healthier person, but your significant other doesn't follow suit. In the end, he was an anchor dragging me down.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is really proud of me, and always tells me that I am as tough as the She-Hulk and reminds me how sexy that is.
    He does get frustrated sometimes when I can't share a meal with him, and says that he likes to see me enjoy my food. But he knows this is important to me, and always gives me encouraging comments like "Look how toned you're getting" and "I definitely see a difference" because he knows those make me feel good. I don't know if they're all true, but who cares? They motivate me to work harder.

Truthfully, I think that he fears I'll get too thin. But I always tell him not to worry.

Recently, he looked at me and said "All your good parts are shrinking..." Then he laughed at my shocked face (I couldn't believe he could be so hurtful), and continued with "... because all your parts are good parts." :laugh:
    I can't not love him :heart:
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I should also add that in the past 3 months my husband has been eating better due to my new training/diet program and started running a month ago. I'm super proud of him for taking the leap into better health as well, because he's lost about 20 pounds, his legs are getting crazy sexy (and i'm a total leg girl) and it's fun to have someone to go out and have a jog with.