Wanted: Long flowing locks :)

Options

Replies

• Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no scientific proof if this works, but I've been taking fish oil/Omega 3 tablets for about 3 months now. My hair is a lot shinier, healthier and grows faster. I even color my hair every 6-8 weeks and have very little signs of damage. It's worth trying. The worst that can happen is that it doesn't help your hair. The Omega 3's will be good for you, too!

My comment it not related to hair, but I began using Omega 3s/fish oil about 4 days ago and It has helped my asthma quite a bit! It premotes healthy vascular system and heart health. I have bad asthma, and have incompetent veins so I began taking it in hopes it will help me worrk out without the pain. My asthma has definitally progressed.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    dont wash everyday

take biotin

dont straighten/ blow dry.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i just cut off 15 inches of my hair. i have to dye my hair ever month because it grows so fast!
    lots of protein, jello (sugar free ofc) and fats.
    prenatal vitamins help too.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair, use conditioner, and mousse for my curls. That's all I do. I like my hair.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    fish oil, and prenatals, even when not pregnant. My hair is straight and down to my waist, very healthy
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    With fragile hair, washing less often helps (I used to wash mine every day and it was a lot more brittle than it is now). Putting it up helps, especially if you'll be working out or out in the wind and sun. Putting it up is also good if it is long enough to rub between your back and the back of your chair. Be gentle when you comb or brush and try to stay out of swimming pools.
  • lilyxD
    lilyxD Posts: 33
    Options
    hey there! I have long blonde hair. I take Biotin everyday, which is supposed to make your hair stronger, thicker, and grow faster. I LOVE it!!(:

The one i take is by Naturemade, and its the 5000mc pills. I suggest you try it. I LOVE it!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I take Biotin and Fish Oil and I see a big difference. I also use Infusium 3x per week after I shampoo. Also, don't wash your hair everyday - it washes away natural oils and causes breakage!
    that is what I did, it worked for me. They have biotin hair stuff over at GNC. Try that out.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,023 Member
    Options
    If you are cutting calories, just watch your nutrition.

A serving of peanuts or peanut butter provides twice the Biotin you need in a day.

Fresh fruit and vegetables (3-6 servings a day) will provide the Vitamin C, A, Potassium and B Vitamins.

Protein is best when eaten in food form. Fish is ideal, or lean cuts of chicken or pork.

If you are eating too little, you won't be able to obtain the nutrients needed by your hair. Don't cut calories without paying close attention to your nutrients. A wide variety of fresh food is the best medicine. Any topical treatments are just Bandaids.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've been using Ovation Cell Therapy for about 7 months and seen some really good results. It's expensive but the first bottle lasted me almost 6 months.

I used iOvation Cell Therapy for 10 months, and my hair grew less than one inch longer. I'm not saying that it doesn't work for everyone, but it 100% did not work for me and just made my thin hair weighed down and greasy-looking.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Of course...duh.

I mean, just look at my profile pic and see the amazing results I've gotten.

But I'm not sharing my secret with anyone...don't want everyone to have the same incredible success I've had.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I cut mine into a pixie cut for a while and got tired of it. The one common piece of advise everywhere I go is moisture. Keep your hair conditioned and go easy on the heat styling and it will grow better and healthier.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. I take about a tablespoon everyday mixed in with something I'm eating. They are loaded with Omega 3s. I also use Argan oil when my hair is wet on the ends.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I know that my lovely locks will discount this fact: Prenatal pills. Every woman I know that gets pregnant and takes them...their hair just gets better looking.

I think part of this is the crazy hormone party in her body as well though.
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    Eat healthy and drink lots of water. Don't flat iron it to death and use box dyes. And don't wash it every day. I've always heard wearing your hair in a pony tail promotes growth but I've never seen anything specific that says that. Probably just and old wives tail. I've had long hair my whole life unitl last september when I donated it to locks of love. Slowly growing it back out. The older you get, the more brittle it gets but if you avoid straighteners and box dyes, you should have healthy locks! Good luck!
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    Also be careful when it's wet! Don't twist it dry or use harsh brushing. My hairdresser told me to use a wide tooth comb. Sure it's a pain in the butt but with good conditioner it's not too bad.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    There are essential oils that you can use to promote hair health and growth. Rosemary, for example. You can put a few drops on your brush before or after brushing.

I also make a Lemon-Basil shampoo that I will be putting into my Etsy shop that has been helping DW's hair. Send me a message if you would like more info on that.
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Many members in my family are beauticians and I was always told to brush your hair for 100 strokes every night (hair has to be air dried) and massage your scalp often. Stimulates the hair folicles to grow.

I never tried it becuase my hair grow fast on it's own but I don't dye my hair, curl it, blow dry it, straighten it or put very much chemicals in my hair... so it's pretty healthy.

Ohhh, lots of vitamens!

Hope this helps. :-) Good luck!!
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My hair is past my butt. It's healthy. I havn't cut or trimmed it in years. People say you have to but you don't. I wash it about twice a week. I use quality shampoo and conditioner. I do not tease, curl, blow dry, hair spray , color or gel my hair unless it is for pictures or a wedding etc. I use a wide tooth comb I bought from a beauty shop and I start at the bottom. Comb an inch or so and add another few inches, working your way up. I never comb it when it is wet. I do put coconut oil in it every so often and leave it for a few days. If I go to the beach or get in my pool, I load it down with coconut oil or at least conditioner before I get in the water and I rinse it as soon as I am done for the day. The pic you see of me was from last summer. I had come straight off the beach and had only rinsed my hair out. Good luck.
  • Peachfuz31
    Options
    I have had long naturally blonde hair my entire life. I think outside factors matter more than anything you ingest. I take a multi-vitamin when I remember, that's it. I don't dye it, or blow dry it regularly, or use any chemicals at all. No hairspray, nothing. I do the towel thing on my head to sop up the wetness, then I always brush when wet, right after my shower. I let it air dry, but will (very rarely) use a blow dryer if I need it to dry fast. Maybe once a month, or 2x, I pull out the hot curlers for a special occasion. I religiously use Pantene shampoo and conditioner, every day I wash my hair, and its the only thing that makes my hair silky. Anything else leaves my hair yucky looking. I try to keep it up and out of the water when swimming, but if it gets wet oh well. Chlorine in pools is terrible for your hair; when I was younger my hair was destroyed from swimming and was like straw and actually had a tinge of green to it, yikes.
    I also cut my hair myself. I cut off 11 inches about 8 months ago, and it has already grown back, down past my butt again. I get compliments all the time, and I really do nothing except brush when wet and keep a ponytail holder on my wrist for when I want it up. My hairstyle is stress-free and takes no time at all :)