Starting Couch to 5K (C25K) July 25th

Options
Just posting this on the boards in case someone is interested in joining me for motivation and support.

This is probably my third time starting the C25K. I always get to either week 2 or 3 and stop. I want to be able to say I completed this program instead of "oh yeah I got to week 4 and had to stop".

All are welcome!!!

Replies

• dinoring
    dinoring Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting today!! Planning on officially starting week 1 on Sunday, since my friend and I are doing it together and that's what we agreed on, but I'll be doing week 1 during this week too, just to get moving!
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today as well!
  • JamieRena2012
    JamieRena2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting today!! Planning on officially starting week 1 on Sunday, since my friend and I are doing it together and that's what we agreed on, but I'll be doing week 1 during this week too, just to get moving!

okay sounds good!
  • JamieRena2012
    Options
    I'm starting today as well!

Cool. Now i can vent to some people when my feet start hurting lol..
  • foxtrax
    foxtrax Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i keep saying I'm going to do that, tomorrow sounds like a good day to start! Where can I find the program to follow?
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday :) Downloaded the C25K app on my phone, and I love it. I've always done interval run/walking when I start really getting into running (I have an on again/off again relationship with running haha), but I was always frustrated starting and restarting my stopwatch, so nice to not worry about it and just listen for a beep!
  • foxtrax
    foxtrax Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Haha as they say, there's an app for that! Downloading now! :D
  • wanniet
    wanniet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Okay...I'm in! I have wanted to do this for a while. I'm not a runner, so I hope I can keep up!
  • JamieRena2012
    Options
    Okay...I'm in! I have wanted to do this for a while. I'm not a runner, so I hope I can keep up!

trust me i'm not either but we can do this...just have to start out slow
  • JamieRena2012
    Options
    I started yesterday :) Downloaded the C25K app on my phone, and I love it. I've always done interval run/walking when I start really getting into running (I have an on again/off again relationship with running haha), but I was always frustrated starting and restarting my stopwatch, so nice to not worry about it and just listen for a beep!

I think I have the cool runnings app....don't know for sure but yeah I love the app.
  • JuicyJBaby3
    JuicyJBaby3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'll start with you!! Lets get it!!!!
  • babyphat2012
    babyphat2012 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I love the app on my cell phone, its so easy to just put ur headphones on and just listen for when you need to slow down.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Just posting this on the boards in case someone is interested in joining me for motivation and support.

This is probably my third time starting the C25K. I always get to either week 2 or 3 and stop. I want to be able to say I completed this program instead of "oh yeah I got to week 4 and had to stop".

All are welcome!!!

Don't stop! If you have a hard time with a certain week, go back and do the week before again...many people do that. It helps I hear.

I just did Week 5, Day 1 this morning.

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 5 day 1. I had to repeat week 4 because I struggled with week 4 day 2 and 3. I was able to make it through today without stopping. Don't be afraid to repeat a week or two. Just keep going!! You can do it!!!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I started today! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou: We can support each other!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've just finished it and loved it. I would never have thought I would be able to run 5K but I did and have now moved on to the B210K programme. Go for it if you are thinking of starting and good luck to those who have already started. Feel free to add me for support :)
  • mumi
    mumi Posts: 24
    Options
    I completed run 1 of week 4 yesterday:) So far I love it, i have the app on my phone. When I started I could barely run 1 min now I can run 5:) You can all do this!!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this, add me please!
  • alucido
    alucido Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing this mentioned everywhere! I think i will give it a try starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Im in!

I started this program this week. Did week one, day two tonight with my dog. I'm hoping to get to the end of the program and to continue jogging.