best random/silly compliment?

Replies

• Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    A girl in my zumba class said to me," I swear you look skinnier every time i see you" :) love it!
  • SweetPea482
    SweetPea482 Posts: 156 Member
    i was at the gym stretching... and some 67ish yr old guy said 'wow... you're flexible'.

not silly, just really really awkward.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    No words were spoken, but the other day a gas station attendant tripped staring at me. Pretty hilarious!

"Please fuel my truck and my ego, thanks."
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Was helping out with rebuilding a friend's cafe. I went to pick something up. Someone says, "need help with that", and then a friend of mine says, "he's got it. taso's strong". I played it cool, but on the inside I was glowing :bigsmile:
  • "you look like George off of Seinfeld"

...wait... maybe that's a diss....
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    No words were spoken, but the other day a gas station attendant tripped staring at me. Pretty hilarious!

I totally guessed you were from NJ just based on gas station attendant ;)
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    That I am an apology from God. Random, not silly, but the best compliment I have ever received.

Had to comment, that is the cutest pic!!!
    Thanks! The munchkin was a fairy for Halloween; she still asks to wear the wings. :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Couple days ago a waitress told me she loved my........ eyebrows. :huh:
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    I get told that I have really soft skin quite often. When someone shakes my hand, happens to touch my arm, etc. I've even had people notice it and then turn to another person who is with us and say, "oh my gosh, so and so, feel Lyndi's skin." I think that's kind of strange, but it's a good thing, I guess. It's sort of a weird thing to know how to respond to as well, like... "thanks. I do use lotion..?" lol.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    after telling someone I spend 100 dollars on foundation and concealer (Bobby Brown), they responded saying "Oh, thats why you are so pretty"

.... um? thank you, i think?

♥Melissa
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I've been close to goal for a long time now so I have come to grips with my new body, so by the time this compliment came I wasn't really expecting weight loss compliments...anyhow...at church a guy came up to me and said, "You've really shrunk!" And I looked at him, looked down at my feet and said, "Well, I'm not wearing heels today!" It went totally over my head, I thought he was making a short joke since I am barely 5'2!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    I've been told that I have really nice forearms. I told her that I was a forearm model and she believed me. Kind of funny.
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    A woman at the gym asked my husband if 'he's the guy who takes that class with his girlfriend on Saturdays(meaning me)".
    He said, "You mean my wife of 17 years?".
    She was floored and said, '"I thought you were 2 kids!"

Another time the same woman approached me in a class and said I looked like Cameron Diaz, the Bad Teacher.

and, then there is the creepy stalker who in no way, shape or form is complimentary...
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    I was hanging out with the boyfriend at the time and his best friend. His friend told me when he was describing me to him that he ended the description with a very excited 'dude she does the crossword in pen..its so sexy'.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member

I totally guessed you were from NJ just based on gas station attendant ;)

BAHAHAHAHA! It's not THAT obvious, right? haha

*We pump our fists, not gas.* or some crap like that!
  • blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    Bump
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    The other night i got all fancied up to go to a party. When i went and picked up my kids afterwards, my 10 year old daughter told me i looked like a teenager. Not sure if that was a good thing or not. Lol Mind you that i'm only 30. I took it as a compliment. :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Friend: "Im growing my beard out"
    Me: "Why?"
    Friend: "Because you said you like beards and since a cute girl like yourself like beards, I'm growing it out"
    Me: .............. (Speechless and I blushed)

This compliment a while ago made me feel really great. :)
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    BUMP
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I have almost ALWAYS been complimented on my eye lashes which I thought was odd. Like a random woman would be talking to me and all of a sudden "OMG you have gorgeous eyelashes. Did you know many women pay for those kinds of eyelashes" and I'm like...urm, thanks? Out of ALL of me you found my eyelashes to be the part that was good looking enough to mention lol.

I've gotten that since I was a kid. Mine are really long. One time at a MAC store a girl told me they looked like a certain pair of their fake lashes. My kids all have really long eyelashes too.