best random/silly compliment?

Options
124»

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My director turned to a Broadway legend and said, "This is Laura (insert last name) and she is the real life Elle Woods."... BTW we are doing "Legally Blonde: The Musical" this winter. I died right at that very moment in time.

You DO favor her. And I LOVE that show! Laura Bell Bundy was AMAZING as Elle!

Maybe that was a nudge :wink: moment :smooched:
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I was just doing my thing working out in the gym and a woman came over to me and asked if I could show her how to use the Hammer Strength Linear Leg Press machine as she noticed that I was on it earlier and "...because you've got great legs". :embarassed: :happy: Absolutely made my day!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    No words were spoken, but the other day a gas station attendant tripped staring at me. Pretty hilarious!

"Please fuel my truck and my ego, thanks."

I totally guessed you were from NJ just based on gas station attendant ;)

miss those days... especially in the winter!
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    "you remind me of Stiffler from American Pie"
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    During the time I lost the bulk of my weight I was in NY (I live in FL), so I hadn't been in any of my usual places around home. One of my favorite places is Barnes and Noble. I've been bringing my baby sister (she is 6 now, i'm 21) to this one BN for years and I knew the employees really well. I walk in, with my sister, after losing the weight and the lady didn't recognize me. At all. BUT she recognized my sister.... put two and two together and I got the "jaw hits the floor, wide eyed" look, proceeded with an "omg you've lost a ton of weight, you're so skinny, you look amazing". She now calls me "skinny minny" ever time I see her. It makes me smile and is one of the greatest reactions I've had. It makes my day every time :D
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was with my 17 year old daughter after the Grand March for her high school prom. This lady yells from across the room "That's her mother?" Everyone looked at her and she comes running over to me and said she thought my daughter and I were sisters! I am 48!
  • dzstephy
    dzstephy Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    "You have Kardashian hair"
  • GeekMom17
    GeekMom17 Posts: 51
    Options
    I had a pregnant woman tell me "Nice stomach" and I laughed. She played with my son and then told me she hoped she could look like that when her child is 2.
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    I was running through our city's downtown, and a homeless guy shouted "You're doing a good job!" right at me as I ran past.

That made my freaking day.

LOL! ^^ that made my day!

I too had a homeless person compliment.

I was walking to my car after work, and i past a homeless person, and he said, "wow, what a beautiful angel, did you fall from the sky?!" it was so darn cute.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my best girl friend asked me over a few drinks if i would pose for her to sketch and then paint hahaha. my responce was "you dont mean naked, do you?" :p
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hmm, lets see... I can definitely think of the creepiest right now.
    I was told, as the guy was talking directly to my chest, that I had "more meat than in a butcher's window".
    Ew.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I actually have a couple these are my favorites:

One happened back when I was a senior in college i believe- We went out for this thing callled first fridays in the downtown area where I go to school. This homeless man was trying to chat us girls up and then stops and looks directly at me and says, "i'll fight for you if I have to." Um ok sir, thank you. lol

second: This gas station I went into I was paying for the gas and bought a grape soda, now obviously with that the can is purple, the guy looks at me and said " your eye shadow is really pretty it matches your uhh soda can?"

and the most recent: I work at a gym and one of the members was picking up his teenage son and starts talking with me about memberships and then asks if I live in a certain place( where they live) I told them I don't I live north of that. He was asking because a neighbor of his and I look exactly alike. long story short on his way out he's like ' she is cute though'. I think his son was pretty embarrassed, I couldn't do anything but laugh and say thank you.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I was at boxing class and teamed up with a guy about my height (6'0").. We were doing a drill where one person holds a medicine ball over their abs, and the other punches the hell out of it. (yes it hurts). The instructor came by and said to the guy... "cmon man, you can hit a lot harder than that, she's got abs, she can take it." and then he proceeded to hit the ball so hard it staggered me.

And I liked it.

And I grinned like a fool the rest of the night.
  • TeresaBeam
    TeresaBeam Posts: 26
    Options
    I was walking down a long corridor at work and this guy started walking toward me. As he walked past, he said, "Damn Girl!" Totally made my day!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    20ish girl: "OMG! I had no idea you were soooooo old! Sarah, did you know she was THAT old?" :noway:

While trying on rings the sales lady went on and on about my lovely baby nails (I have weirdly small hands)
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Weird/Awkward Guy: "You look really buff."
    Me: "Uh.... thanks?"
    Weird/Awkward Guy: "I mean, uh, *nervous laughter* its a good thing" and trailed off, I think he wanted to compliment me but was too shy and awkward so he said that, I don't really know but it was pretty hilarious.

Awesome Shepard
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The first time I first lost like 25 lbs, a guy I had just became friends with told me, "Damn Sara. Your curves are like a race track!" And then proceeded to run his hands down my sides, silhouetting my body.

Also: I had taken a picture with my friend's baby and showed it to a friend (a different one) and asked him excitedly, "Look, I just a picture with Kay's baby?"

His reply: "That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. and the baby's pretty cool too."

Insert his smug smile.

I have awesome (sweet talking) friends. :blushing: