mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Because your brain is bad for you.

LOL classic ^^^^
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    no carbs, no fat, no sugar......
    sometimes all the stuff I hear makes me want to just eat chicken breast for every meal for the next 20 years

Don't do that. We all know excess protein turns to fat.:laugh:

Is that true? I always thought the more protein, the better (even though I'm not on a low carb diet)

No :noway:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    if sugar is bad for you ... why does your brain run on sugar?

You've read the thread. Who needs a brain?
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sucrose is table sugar which sweetens foods, period. Fructose is fruit sugar, which comes with vitamins minerals and fiber.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    fructose only comes with vitamins, minerals and fiber if you eat it with something that has vitamins, minerals and fiber. otherwise it is just, you know, fructose.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh i eat a lot of sugar
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh i eat a lot of sugar

2hztu2q.jpg
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Sucrose is table sugar which sweetens foods, period. Fructose is fruit sugar, which comes with vitamins minerals and fiber.

OY! Just because table sugar is sucrose does not mean that sucrose is found in table sugar only. There are lots of high sucrose fruits out there, including peaches! apricots, and mangoes.
  • jasminemonique1
    Options
    me too becauseI realized that I had way to much sugars in my diet. natural sugars from fruit is better than process sugars.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I will preface this with the disclaimer that I will not read your articles. This is my own personal experience and cannot be attributed as "actual" results, but it is true.
    In 2003, I weighed 450#. I now weigh around 250# This is not because of "low carb" or "low sugar" but rather a result of drastic meaures.

I now work in the nutritional supplement industry, and I can say this...."sugar is not sugar...the body knows the differece".

High-fructose corn-syrup makes my very physically ill...I throw up, feel my heart race, and want to die. Regular sugar and agave is less severe, with truvia giving me least problems.

Is sugar just sugar? no....pure cane sugar raises your glucose levels and sucralose and agave raises it just as bad. If I had a choice, it would be pure stevia with no additives followed by agave...but sucralose is shielded because of it's popuarity...namely "splenda". Do your reasearch and you will see what is pure.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sugar is bad bad for you

Is not.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    me too becauseI realized that I had way to much sugars in my diet. natural sugars from fruit is better than process sugars.

the body breaks down sugar molecules from an apple the same way it does from a snickers. sugar is sugar. do you get different nutrition in an apple? sure. but not because of the sugar.
  • ShadowSP7
    ShadowSP7 Posts: 53
    Options
    sometimes all the stuff I hear makes me want to just eat chicken breast for every meal for the next 20 years

Is that true? I always thought the more protein, the better (even though I'm not on a low carb diet)

Calories are units of energy your body reaps from food. After eating, your body turns calories it doesn't use immediately into substances called triglycerides. Triglycerides are stored in your fat cells until hormones, your body's chemical messengers, release them for energy. Eating more calories than you burn on a consistent basis, according to MayoClinic.com, may lead to high triglycerides and weight gain. This remains true whether your calories stem from protein, carbohydrates or fats.

Just stick to your calorie deficit and you can eat all the protein you want!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

Calories are units of energy your body reaps from food. After eating, your body turns calories it doesn't use immediately into substances called triglycerides. Triglycerides are stored in your fat cells until hormones, your body's chemical messengers, release them for energy. Eating more calories than you burn on a consistent basis, according to MayoClinic.com, may lead to high triglycerides and weight gain. This remains true whether your calories stem from protein, carbohydrates or fats.

Just stick to your calorie deficit and you can eat all the protein you want!

A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. You should get 20 to 35 percent of your calories from fat, 10 to 35 percent of your calories from protein and 45 to 65 percent of your calories from carbs, according to MayoClinic.com. Here is t1ghe thing...4g of protien as well as 4g of carbs = 8 calories. 8g of fat (saturated or unsaturated) = 16 calories. Try to split your protien/complex carb equally and the rest in veggies. the rest is easy.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/344185-how-to-convert-grams-of-fat-protein-and-carbs-to-calories/#ixzz21bvc3Ldb

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Before you write off fruit including grapes, you should go to nutrition data and look up some fruits and see how good they are for you. You should have two fruits a day in order to fight off cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure.

Don't fret over the sugar levels MFP has unless you are eating alot of cookies, cakes,and other things containing table sugar, like soda, which you are right, soda is the devil !!!!

smart! and yessss
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Sugar is bad bad for you

double negative makes a good :D
  • benita30
    benita30 Posts: 20
    Options
    I think people forget that even though the sugar in fruit is natural, lots of it can still be High GI, especially fruits such as watermelon and grapes. Though in the end, Its better to have a handful of grapes then a handful of chocolate.

Essentially, keep your fruit at 2 servings a day and don't go over a serving size.
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    Fruit is good for you and so is the sugar in it
  • benita30
    benita30 Posts: 20
    Options
    Fruit is good for you and so is the sugar in it

Fruit is good for you, but too much sugar is still too much sugar. Regardless of whether its from fruit or not.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    There's no need to be concerned with sugar from fruit. It's natural sugar and fruit is full of antioxidants. It's the added sugar in food that causes metabolic mayhem. Unfortunately, MFP does not distinguish between natural sugars and added sugars. 2-3 pieces of fruit daily is a good thing. It's the soda, candy, cakes, etc. sugar that is baaaad for you. Just sayin".Oh and artificial sugar is poison to the human body.