Replies

• kerchki
    kerchki Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StellaBellaSB
    StellaBellaSB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I substitute oatmeal for the flour to increase the fiber and eliminate the gluten. Nice photos.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    looks great!
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Had this tonight with 60g blueberries and it was absolutely amazing!

Thank you so much for posting this recipe :)
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I miss pancakes. Even these are high in Carbs. :sad:
  • elianexox
    elianexox Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just made these and adjusted the recipe a little bit and they turned out really well which is exciting as hell cause I'm desperate to find recipes that are low calorie, low carb and high protein and this one will be on my favorites list..even with adding a full cup of blue berries, and making them huge (I only got three instead of four) the total calorie count was only 399 and I couldn't eat the third one, that'll be a snack later..If I cut out the blueberries (which I think I will cause it makes them kind of wet) then that's down to 315 .

I white wheat flour, an egg white and zero fat plain Greek yogurt so that cut down a lot of the calories but I managed to get about 25 grams of protein in there which I think is pretty darned good considering it's pancakes..less than 10 grams of sugar which is great for me..Don't think someone that's doing super low card would want to try them but maybe you can change up the recipe a little more to suit your taste...

I might think about addin some flax seed in there next time just to see how it works...

Oh and the batter does indeed end up being really thick, but I adjusted it with a little bit of water but I think next time I'll try skim milk since it was less than a quarter cup I ended up using..
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I discovered this recipe on Pinterest and it was delicious!

Ingredients:
    6 ounces of greek yogurt (I used Chobani non-fat plain)
    1 egg white
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 cup of flour

Directions:
    Mix the yogurt and egg white in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking soda. Combine all ingredients together and cook like you would regular pancakes. I added blackberries to mine :) Delicious! Flip them when they start bubbling on each side.

Makes about 3 medium pancakes!

Here is the website I found them on:
    http://www.everydaybelle.com/2011/06/greek-yogurt-pancakes/

1340936644.jpg

1340936662.jpg

I made these today and I wanted to personally thank you for sharing your awesomeness with the rest of the world!! I love them, love them, love them...I will lose the next 2 pounds in your honor!!! :happy:
  • SME1976
    SME1976 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thebarrowness
    Options
    I've just tried these using a little bit of vanilla extract but I have to say I'm not overly impressed, they were rather stodgy and doughy and didn't really taste of much at all.

To be fair to the original recipe over on everydaybelle they use the yolk in the egg which I think would life the batter and make it lighter and fluffier but obviously I appreciate it adds calories to do that!

In order to save my pancakes I put a tiny bit of strawberry jam on them.

If you need that starchy carb feeling though they would hit the spot!

T :)
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ohh these look good.. thanks!! :)
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    BUMPPPPP
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump! Looks yummy!!
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    I guess I'll be adding myself to the BUMP chain..

These look amazing!
  • clemsonacemd
    clemsonacemd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Flan656
    Flan656 Posts: 24 Member
    Options