Options

Replies

• jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am already fantastic, but I wouldnt mind being the "Hot friend"
  • thirtytwopostcards
    Options
    Firstly to be healthy and respect my body. I feel so much better when I'm exercising and being generally more healthy, it makes me happier and a better person.

Another reason is that speaking to my ex a month after we broke up I told him I had started running and he just laughed at me. It made me realise how much he had undermined my confidence while we'd been together, and made me more determined to get great at it. If I get tired when running I imagine his smug little face laughing at me and suddenly I have a lot more energy and can go much further.
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I do it for me,and to one day have a boyfriend :)
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    To be a better role model to my kids and to feel better about me.

And to show my ex how much better I really am without him. :laugh: He wouldn't let me join a gym or help me find time to get in workouts. Then he hooked up with a gal heavier than me and they joined a gym together. So I'm doing it on my own (with the help of MFP, my beachbody coach and Shakeology). That being said, they were going an hour a day at least and she's still heavier than me. :happy: I thought about telling her about how much y'all help me and then thought, "WHY would I ever do that?" LOL
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    So I can be an uber slut.

LOVE! haha. You are awesome
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Mine, is make my ex jelous. :laugh: haha

That works for me, too.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    So I can cosplay!!

I'm not a single lady, but this is one of my motivations as well :)
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    to be healthy. being over 40, you really start to focus more on improving health and doing everything possible to keep the body in great shape.
  • RunninSD
    RunninSD Posts: 36
    Options
    So I can be hot... and feel great. My female co workers actually asked me if I did it for my boyfriend... Why the hell would I lose almost 40 pounds for someone else? He fell in love with me when I was fat and he still loves me... I can't wait until the fall when I straighten my hair and it's all long down my back and I can wear my boots n stuff! I'm gonna be hot hot hot!
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Mine's got nothing to do with my ex or anything like that - My ex seemed to want me to continue gaining weight.
    Never mentioned my weight, always said I was beautiful, when I'd try to lose weight he'd get all upset and we actually took the first step when I mentioned that I am changing my life and going to live a healthier lifestyle.

So I'm doing it so I feel sexy and finally feel what it's like to be in a healthy weight rage (I've always been obese).
    Wouldn't mind meeting a sexy guy who actually acts like a man either. ;)
  • Stefanie99
    Stefanie99 Posts: 45
    Options
    1) I have a very active 13 y/o son - I want to keep up with him, be a good role model for him, & make him proud. :)
    2) I used to be skinny and want to be skinny again.
    3) I love fashion - can't enjoy it when you're fat!
    4) Making the ex jealous wouldn't be a bad thing!
    5) I really want to find Mr. Right and have one more child before it's too late (I'm 32) and that's not going to happen in my current state where I literally have zero self-confidence because of my weight. Besides, even if I met someone right now, I want to be fit & healthy before committing to anything else, especially a man and a baby! ;)
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    Mine is so my fiance instinctively pulls me closer when we go out. I will make heads turn!
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The only person stuck with me is me. I'm not doing this for/because of anyone else.

I just want to get healthy so that I don't end up dying the "John Candy death".
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    focus on your present and not on your past,
    let them leave your thoughts,......
    so you can have the last laugh

I used to want to prove to people who had hurt me mentally that I was going to get fit but it was more rewarding to do it for myself and meet better people :)

This is great!!!
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Health. Longevity. Self Esteem.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I was a teen when I lost my weight b/c I just wanted to be "normal' (it was the 80s and everyone was thin lol) Now b/c it's a way of life for me and it's (hopefully) keepin me young lol
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    For me - to feel better about myself, to have more confidence.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    For all the single ladies.... lolll i was hoping this was like a tupperware party cept with alot of AA batteries laying around
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Being healthy and beautiful to me
    Wanting to have a family and being there for them
    Shopping spree, of course!

5499814.png
  • Emmetkelly
    Emmetkelly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight so I can feel more confident, buy cute clothes, be healthy, cosplay at Comic Con next year, and stop getting friend zoned.