Chocolate cravings attack EVERY night, without fail... tips?

Options

Replies

• JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Do you live by a Whole Foods by any chance? They have 100 cal dark chocolate bars for $1.99!

oh man I wish! I was paying like 6 dollars for a 85-90 percent bar...
  • kikiroo
    kikiroo Posts: 2
    Options
    Get Adora's dark chocolate calcium supplement. It tastes delicious but if you eat too much calcium you will likely end up constipated. That knowledge keeps me from overeating it LOL.

I also love the Adora calcium supplement. The milk chocolate is very smooth and only 30 calories! The best part is knowing you are getting needed calcium. Also, it is hard to eat more than 2 and not feel "weird" (see the post above!)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    eat dinner later.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard to just not eat it lol.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Special K chocolate cravings cereal!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard to just not eat it lol.

some people are addicted to carbs. it is akin to trying to say no to a cigarette or drugs.
  • wildflow30
    wildflow30 Posts: 27
    Options
    Diana's banana babies in freezer/ ice cream section. 60 g 130 calories

. Or make your own dark chocolate dipped banana pieces for cheaper
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Eat more fruit during the day. And your cravings for candy will go away :)

I agree with this.. also use a chocolate flavored protein powder. If chocolate is ur thing..

I do GNC Lean 25 Rich Chocolate. It's balanced and super tasty. 200 calories, 25 grams protein, 9 grams fiber.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Chocolite candy. 30-35 calories each, 3g of fat I think, and like 6g of fiber each.
  • kashubian
    kashubian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I get my chocolate fix with chocolate Shakeology, usually for breakfast, and it's the smartest calories I intake in a day. Has helped me with my weight and energy level.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that dark chocolate is a great way to curb cravings. If portion control can be a problem try separating the squares into a baggie or wrap with tin foil so you can grab just one at a time. An whole candy bar can be a dangerous thing!

I also made these the other day and brought them to work and everyone loved them!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/black-bean-brownies-recipe/index.html#

People were talking about them all day and the next day someone asked me if I had anymore!

ETA:I made a double batch to share so I used a whole can of no salt added beans, replaced half the oil with unsweetened apple sauce, used only half the chocolate chips and used whole wheat flour. I cut the pan into 24 squares for ~145 calories each. Very satisfying but also filling with more protein and fiber than your typical dessert.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Fiber One Plus Antioxidant Chocolate Chip Bars by Kelloggs? They are low calorie and they taste very good. I can't have chocolate in the house because I WILL eat it, especially when I am on the prowl at night. So, I have learned to keep only low calorie snacks around for me to grab. That as well as lots of fruit. They have some low calorie fudge bars too that go in the freezer. Good luck.
  • krmccary
    krmccary Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the Dove silky dark promises they are individuals and are like 30 to 40 calories, also ghiredellis (did not spell that right) had a dark chocolate sea salt sorre with one piece being 23 calories. It really hits the spot it has salt and almonds and chocolate. I am a chocolaholic too and eating a small piece slowly letting it linguer helps the chocolate remains on your tongue longer thinking you are having more when you are just letting it melt.
  • ironicusername
    Options
    I keep a bag of Kisses handy and I'll eat just a few, and I'll let them melt slowly in my mouth to savor it. This def keeps the craving in check. I also love Skinny Cow candy bars and fudgesicles.
  • iluvmyhoneys
    Options
    fiber one chocolate brownies 90 cal per bar. and they are good!!
  • joyelise
    joyelise Posts: 15
    Options
    I definitely agree with the little bit of dark chocolate! I have found drinking green tea takes away some of my "sweet" cravings a bit too! A little bar of dark chocolate and a cup of green tea go a long way for me.

I also really like SoDelicious coconut milk ice cream with no sugar added in chocolate. Super good! Kinda like a melted mounds!
    Skinny Cow chocolate truffle bars are also great- only 100 calories and 12 grams of sugar and super satisfying.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I love the Trader Joe's 100 calorie chocolate bars. They're almost a little too big. Once I'm about halfway through my craving has been satisfied.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Soy Delishious also makes a creamy fudge bar that is only 90 calories. It is not a very dark chocolate, but it is very creamy.

I have a recipe for vegan chocolate zucchini muffins. It is a little over a hundred calories, although it may be a little more cuz I tweaked the recipe. I make a batch of them, and freeze them. 30 seconds in the microwave and they melt and are all gooey and yummy.

http://happyherbivore.com/2009/01/chocolate-zucchini-muffins/

I use whole wheat flour, honey in place of sugar (only half a cup/ the honey adds moisture), two small bananas, and a drop more zucchini than it calls for. Oh, and a half cup mini chocolate chips.

Kroger has a chocolate bar that has raspberries in it. It is very dark chocolate. One square breaks into two pieces, and if you keep it in the freezer and suck on it for a little while, it will also help a craving. Shoot. Now I am in the mood for chocolate.
  • stephaniekford
    Options
    Healthy Choice 80 Calorie Fudge Bars. They are awesome and should do the trick!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    When I have that craving, I melt some dark chocolate, and mix in my favorite healthy cereal, like Total. That way, I'm getting more nutrients. It is similar to a family christmas cookie recipe, that is melted chocolate with wheaties, that you spoon onto wax paper and let the chocolate set. Delicious, like a kitkat.

Anyway, I also love the Lil Drummies, which are just around 100 calories. Who doesn't love the fudge piece in the bottom of the cone!