Options
    Super easy tuna burgers

2 cans of tuna
    1 egg
    1.4 cup bread crumbs

makes 4 burgers
  • slangdonhackman
    Options
    Use the tuna that is in the packages, instead of canned. Packed in water is good, but olive is o.k. Cut up celery, onion, garlic salt, onion salt, pepper, lemon, and if you like sweet or dill pickle and hard boiled egg, add it. I then top it with a little fat free italian dressing and eat it on lettuce. It can be used for a wrap with a spinach tortilla also. Hope this helps.
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • luvdogz
    luvdogz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nancyki
    nancyki Posts: 46
    Options
  • Discogirl15
    Discogirl15 Posts: 102
    Options
    1 can chunk light tuna in water
    about 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
    Cucumber
    Celery
    Sugar snap peas
    1 whole wheat bagel thin
    1 Granny smith apple

Combine all ingredients, except apple and bagal thin.
    Toast bagel thin
    Put about 1/4 cup tuna mix on to bagel thin
    Top with very thinly sliced green apple and top of bagel thin

Dig in, enjoy, and sigh contentidly.

~This is my absolute favorite thing for lunch, I have it almost every day!:smile:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Cut a bell pepper in half and remove the seeds (I prefer green, but you can use your favorite). Mix up drained tuna, some mayo or sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, whatever you prefer. Put in some seasonings, whatever you like, or just salt and pepper. Fill each pepper half with half of the mixture. Top with halved cherry tomatoes, green onions, cheese if you want it. Put in a baking dish and bake at 400 until heated through, about 10-15 minutes. The best thing about this recipe is you can do whatever you want with it. It's good with canned chicken too, and you can add finely chopped carrots or other veggies to the tuna mixture if you like. Good stuff.
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use tinned tuna fish in place of mince meat in bolognese. It think it tastes nicer and it is much healthier :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I use it in salads, sandwiches and wraps. Also good in a homemade 'Tuna Helper" made from scratch, instead on the nutrient lacking boxed stuff. Just mix wholegrain pasta, cheese, tuna and frozen peas (and/or whatever veg you like) and just enough milk to make it creamy.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    What's tuna helper?
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love it warmed on the stovetop for a few minutes (no oils, sprays, or butters - just watch it closely or it'll get burned onto the pan). I eat it in a bowl plain and add red pepper flakes, cherry tomatoes, carrots.. basically any veggie I have on hand. It's great in a salad too!
  • technogal63
    Options
    Healthy Tuna Salad

Tuna (can or pouch)
    Chopped tomatoes, zucchini, green onions, cucumber, chopped fresh basil.
    Mozzarella chunks (or can cut up pieces of string cheese into 1/2 inch chunks)
    3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar (or to taste)
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    1 packet Splenda (or to taste)
    Dash of black pepper.

Add all ingredients and let sit in refrigerator a couple of hours for the flavors to mingle. Yummy!
  • karen4801
    karen4801 Posts: 20
    Options
    I like to add diced celery, diced onion, diced sweet pickle and mayo - the whole can is next to nothing in the calorie department and you're filled up.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Super easy tuna burgers

2 cans of tuna
    1 egg
    1.4 cup bread crumbs

makes 4 burgers

now this sounds like something I could make....

What size tuna???
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I mix a can of it with a few tablespoons of my favorite salsa and eat it on toast, or over pasta.
  • ediebond1966
    Options
    Very simple & delicious:
    Drain water from tuna & place over a bed of your favorite salad greens (spinach, romaine lettuce & all the fixin's). I make up the Good Season's dry Italian mix (eliminating the oil & double up on the apple cider vinegar) or use the Wish Bone spritzers dressing.
    Give it a try, it's tasty & very easy to do.