Things you do now that you didn't think you'd do

Options
I surprised myself yesterday because I went over my normal calorie allotment for lunch and was having spaghetti for dinner. I usually allow extra calories for dinner when we have pasta but *kitten* happens sometimes, but instead of eating a full cup of spaghetti which is a double serving :grumble: I actually made a cod fillet and only gave myself the 1/2 cup serving. I didn't even really think about or get all "poor me" about it, I.Just.Did.It. Who'd've thunk????

Replies

• lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yea!!! good for you and the good choice!

I don't eat cheese but once a week now on my free day. I was so resistant to giving it up but since I have 'mostly' it's surprising how much better my stomach feels and it seems a bit easier for the weight to come off now.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I actually REALLY DO - no kidding, no talking myself into it - think 95% of fast food is disgusting. Amazing how your tastes change!
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic! i can't wait until i start making healthier choices without having to think about it!!!

i didn't think i'd ever be able to run, but yesterday i ran a full mile without stopping or walking... small step in the grand scheme, huge step for my marathon goal!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would leave food on my plate at a restaurant. We go out to eat and I would always clean my plate, the kids plates whoevers because darn it I was paying for it! Now when I feel like I am no longer hunger (not full) I stop eating. In fact I cant even eat that much anyway.
  • helen0616
    helen0616 Posts: 97
    Options
    I hate spinach. Seriously hate it. For years, I have avoided it like the plague. The texture of it... gritty, like dirt. Gives me the shivers.

But do you see that picture to the left of this post? Know why it's green? Because I have been putting raw organic baby spinach in my smoothies every morning. 85g of it. And let me tell you, that's like 4C of raw spinach. To me, this is a HUGE accomplishment. You can't even taste it over the banana or peanut butter!

And then, 2 nights ago, I got crazy and put some spinach in the warm black bean/corn salad I was making, because it looked pretty puny and I felt like I needed more volume but had no calories to spare... and it was good. I didn't even notice it!!!

I am really proud of this! :bigsmile:
  • ifyouwanttosingout
    Options
    I pay attention to portions and don't sneak an extra amount in. My proud day was when I finally counted out 11 tortilla chips and 2 tablespoons of salsa. A bit small, but portion control has been one thing I've always sucked at and never had the patience or discipline for.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I've recently bought a bike with out cycle to work scheme and will be cycling to and from work - thats 12miles each way!!
    I NEVER thought I'd do that - last year I even joked about it with the other guys in the office who all cycle in! I'm actually really excited to get started....as soon as my bike appears!! xx
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    I've started finding it more important to go to the gym 4-6 times a week and a great deal less important to hurry home from work and play a few hours of World of Warcraft. That would never have happened a year ago.
  • vtachycardia
    vtachycardia Posts: 374
    Options
    20 minute true tabata protocol.

Never thought I would do 15 minutes on a cardio machine.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm working out consistently six days a week! For over a month! I've stuck to my food plan for over a month.
    And - I'm taking vitamins/supplements consistently - and more importantly - I'm feeling great about all of this and looking forward to my "has logged in for xxx days" message on my home page :happy:
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would leave food on my plate at a restaurant. We go out to eat and I would always clean my plate, the kids plates whoevers because darn it I was paying for it! Now when I feel like I am no longer hunger (not full) I stop eating. In fact I cant even eat that much anyway.

It used to make me smile when I'd see people walking out with "doggie bags", now I am one of them. :blushing:
  • ocukor1
    ocukor1 Posts: 66
    Options
    I never thought I'd be drinking water and not coke.
  • colawoman
    colawoman Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha Ha!! I walk in place during commercials just to get extra steps in!!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wear shorts! I've long suffered through summer in jeans and other long pants because I hated the size of my thighs and all the wobbly-ness that went with them. I'm still about 20-25 from my ideal weight (technically only 15 from the original goal) and I bought two cute pairs of shorts to rock this summer. I've even worn them in public! 50 pounds, spin class, and the 30 day shred have done wonders for these former thunder thighs.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Eat cereal out of a measured cereal bowl...Mixing bowl was a cereal serving. I'm still amazed I even know what 3/4 cups of coco puffs looks like.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I actually ate a slice of pizza, just ONE with a side salad the other day. I've only read about that in fitness magazines
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would prepare my next days lunch with my evening dinner and be that organised to do it everyday. Plus my kitchen isn't a bombsite in the morning. I'm loads more organised than ever before. :happy:
  • doriyoung
    doriyoung Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be drinking water and not coke.

Ditto.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    I actually REALLY DO - no kidding, no talking myself into it - think 95% of fast food is disgusting. Amazing how your tastes change!

YES! I actually attempted to eat Wendy's last week and was disgusted after the first bite! (actually spit it out!!!) I was beside myself with confusion LOL!
  • helen0616
    helen0616 Posts: 97
    Options
    I actually ate a slice of pizza, just ONE with a side salad the other day. I've only read about that in fitness magazines

This!!! I did the same thing!