I need a recipe for chicken breast

Options

Replies

• tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Try seasoning and searing the outside really good in a pan before baking it. It makes like a "crust" so the moisture stays in. All I eat is chicken and seafood. Lot of experience with chicken breast.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in Dale's sauce (bad with the sodium but I just drink extra water and it eventually flushes out) and sprinkle with garlic and onion powder and I let it marinate for several hours...bake and eat! There is flavor on the outside and insude....Yum Yum!
  • huckleberryhuck
    huckleberryhuck Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Shake n' Bake has some really great new flavors, like glazed BBQ, Buffalo and Herb Parmesan. Good and easy.
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Brine over night. Pound flat so it cooks quicker and more evenly. Season with fresh ground pepper or whatever you like. Pan fry in a little oil or none if you have a well seasoned cast iron pan. Use in sandwiches, salads, or serve with sauce of your choice.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I got some great ideas from this thread-Thank you!!!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I cut them in bite size pieces, then cook them in teriyaki sauce. with stir fried vegetables on the side. Yummy!
  • DashaBars
    DashaBars Posts: 4
    Options
    The best chicken breast I have ever had and made was marinated in italian dressing (the cheapest one is fine)! It comes out juicy, seasoned and absolutley delcicious. Very easy and simple way to marinate your chicken.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Someone had said to cook the chicken to 180 degrees always. If you cook it to 180 degrees, it will be tough and leathery. 160 is what I shoot for, and when it hits 160, I pull it and cut into it and make sure the juices are clear. If they are, you're good to go. 180 is way too hot. The FDA recommends that because they don't want to get their butts sued..but what you're looking for is...well, the chicken being done. If you cut into it and the juices aren't clear -- if you see pink or red, it's not done yet. If they're clear, you're fine.
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I put Dijon mustard on the chicken breast, make sure there's some all around and then put some romarin on top. A little bit of water in the oven plate and hop in the oven. Water will evaporate and the chicken stays juicy. Yummy !
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    So not the "lowest" calorie, per se, but it's like the only thing I cook that doesn't suck.

1/2 c butter
    4 cloves of garlic, minced
    3/4 c bread crumbs
    1/2 c freshly grated parmesan cheese
    1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
    1/4 tsp parsley
    1/4 tsp dried oregano
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1/8 tsp sea salt
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves pounded thin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan, cheddar, parsley, oregano, pepper and salt. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, them press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish. Drizzle any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated over or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Fullscreencapture726201290248AMbmp.jpg
  • Cokamo
    Cokamo Posts: 51
    Options
    Simplest, yummiest chicken tacos...cooking at my house as we speak :)

3lb chicken breast
    1pkg ranch dressing mix (powdered)
    1pkg taco seasoning
    1can chicken broth

Combine in crock pot, plug and go.
    If I use frozen chicken breast I cook on high for several hours, or if they are defrosted, I go with low.
    Once cooked, pull the meat from the crock, shred with a fork and return to the liquid...serve with tortillas and fixings for chicken soft tacos :)
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe that is soooo easy!!! You can have it with brown rice and one of your favorite veggies and voila!!!

Salsa Chicken:
    Ingredients
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
    1 cup salsa
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I use the 2% reduced fat)
    2 tablespoons sour cream (optional) (I use fat free)

Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
    2.Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
    3.Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
    4.Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love trying new recipes and this one's one of my favourites. My boyfriend doesn't like East Indian food, but LOVES this recipe.

Epicure's Tandoori Chicken
    Epicure's tasty Indian-inspired spice blends offer the known benefits of turmeric. Enjoy this easy dish barbecued or baked, hot or cold – only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to prep!

Makes 4 servings

Cost Per Serving: 2.90
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Ingredients
    2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
    1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat plain yogurt
    1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure's Tandoori Seasoning
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    Instructions
    1. Whisk first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl or baking dish. Add chicken, coat, cover and marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
    2. Preheat oven to 350° C (175° F). Roast chicken 30 minutes or, for an authentic, fire-touched taste, slowly grill on a barbecue over medium heat for 10–15 minutes per side.
    Per Serving : Calories 230, Fat 5 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 33 g.
    Tips: Serving Suggestion: Serve with a fresh green salad, warmed naan bread and prepared Epicure's Tzaziki for dipping.
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    there's a bunch of healthy recipes on my blog! healthy chicken parmesan, italian chicken, jalapeno lime chicken... etc...

aguiltlessglutton.wordpress.com
  • gryphalkon
    gryphalkon Posts: 21
    Options
    Bumping for later, all of these sound great!
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's all in the chicken you buy!!! This trick forever changed the way I view chicken (my sister, too)....avoid the chicken in a bag. If you buy the kind in the flat packaging, it cooks up MUCH better!!! No kidding, night and day. Also, cooking in the oven vs. stovetop will help, too.

Here's a few ways I like to make them....
    drizzle with olive oil, then shake adobo seasoning and Tony's more spice all over. Bake 375 about 30 min or until cooked through.

drizzle with oil, and cover with Montreal Chicken seasoning. Broil with the door slightly ajar so you can watch. Cook about 5 min. per side.

Put in slow cooker with a bit of water and taco seasoning. cook on low all day, then use it in tacos, burritos, encheladas, or over salad.

dip chicken breast tenders in peanut sauce and sautee in olive oil, then add stir fry veggies. Cook until heated through.

HTH!
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I really like browning chicken breasts in a pan on the stove, covering them with salsa and simmering it until the chicken is done. Take out the chicken, shred the chicken and place back into the salsa. serve over rice of your choice.. very delicious :)
  • lcantrell13
    lcantrell13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I saw this recipe on AllRecipes.com that was submitted by Reynolds wrap. When I tried it, I was so thrilled and the chicken was incredibly tender and flavorful. Only 226 Calories using the ingredients I used...and only took 22 minutes in the oven!

Ingredients:

1 sheet (12x18-inches) Aluminum Foil
    1 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 TBSP BBQ Sauce (I used Stubb's cuz it's my fav and only 30 cals)
    Frozen whole kernel corn
    Chopped green bell pepper (I used red, but whatever you prefer)
    (I added sliced plum tomatoes)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or grill to medium-high.
    Center one chicken breast half on each sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
    Spoon barbecue sauce over chicken. Top with vegetables.
    Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. .
    Bake 18 to 22 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven OR GRILL 12 to 15 minutes in covered grill.

I served mine over rice...I made this 4 days in a row and was still excited to eat this, even on the last day!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Brine it. This will seal in the moisture. This works on all cuts of chicken & turkey.

Dissolve 1-1/2 tablespoons of unionized table salt (or 1/4 cup of kosher salt) This will make enough brine for 4 chicken breasts. If you are making more of less, adjust the amount of brine accordingly. You can brine in a shallow, covered baking dish or a large zip lock bag. Make sure to brine for at least 45 minutes - 1 hour. Don't over do it.

There are two basic methods for cooking: dry heat and moist heat. Dry heat methods include baking, roasting, grilling, sauteing, and deep frying. Moist heat methods include microwaving, poaching, baking in parchment, steaming, and slow cooking. This is the rule: when cooking chicken breasts with dry heat, use high heat and cook for a short period of time. When using moist heat, use low heat and cook for a longer period of time. Now when I say longer, that doesn't mean hours. Grilled chicken breasts cook in 8-10 minutes, while poached breasts cook in about 15 minutes. And here's another tip: when cooking with dry heat, pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness so they will cook evenly.