What's a GREAT single serve blender?

Options

Replies

• MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but I have a magic bullet and I think it's total crap. I :heart: my Ninja! $19.99 at Target. Plus it comes in a ton of different colors. I have the red one. :flowerforyou:
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have a Chris Freytag personal blender - got it for Christmas one year and love it! I bought extra blender cups to go with it. Bought it off of the Home Shopping Network. Blends ice and frozen fruit way better then the bullet, the size is perfect and it has a spill proof lid to go with it. I think the model has changed since I bought mine but I will buy the same brand when I need to. I've had mine for about 4, maybe 5 years and use it every morning and in the evening and it is still going strong. Do a google search or look on a shopping website for it.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Get a "real" blender just make sure the base will spin onto mason jars... mason jars are available in 250mL 500mL 1L sizes so you can match your blending in container to the size you wish to have. Drink right out of the cup you do the blending in.

I've got 3 of the bullets but the only use they get right now is to reduce coffee beans to a grind for the morning coffee. Everything else is done with a full-size and full-power blender right on the various mason jars, they even have ones with handles !
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've used this for 3yrs. Love it. Not so big that you're making 1-2L smoothies.

:)

hamilton-beach-personal-blender.jpg

(mind you, when i go out for the day, I use it twice and make about 1.5L of a shake to sip on throughout the day)

Thisssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like 15 dollars. I have 2 of them!!
  • stephenlyon
    stephenlyon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can find a Magic bullet for pretty cheap now. Don't go through the actuall site go through amazon, or I think walmart sometimes carries them too and they are considerably cheaper. Also if you are willing look on craigs list just make sure you plug it in and turn it on first.

I bought the GE brand one from Target and it works and mixes well, however, the cups aren't very big so once I get my 2 scoops of protien in and 1 scoop of fiber and berries there is not much more room for milk or water. I think the cups are a little bigger with the Magic bullet so it gives you options.

Hope this helps :D
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I bought a single serve portable blender from Black and Decker... I think I got it at Walmart for $20.
    Works great, easy to clean, and takes up minimal space.

ETA - it fits 1cup of berries, 1cup of milk, 1/2 cup of water, and 2 scoops of protein
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Holy cow...if you're looking for a GREAT overall blender/ice/chopper, etc you have GOT to get a Ninja. They are amazing! I got mine of QVC but you can also get them at target. There are multiple blades and they are great to get through ice. I love mine. One of the best investments I have made!

Found the link to Target. Looks like they now sell the 3 sizes together (they also have one that has 2 sizes for $10 less...you get the smallest an largest containers)

http://www.target.com/p/ninja-master-prep-professional-black-silver/-/A-12834027

I use the smallest container the most (perfect for single serve protein shakes, etc)!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have a Cuisinart. A great little device! It has a few parts as it's like a Magic Bullet. It does so much! I use it to make my smoothies in the morning before work. Crushes ice great as well.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what Ninja you have, but the one I have came with the large blender and 2 single mixing cups. You just attach the blender portion to the top of the cup, blend and put on the to go lid.. simple as that.. and I LOVE it.. I make both my shakes either at night (and freeze them) or in the morning on my way out the door. Fast and easy. I you already have a Ninja, check their website to see if you can just purchase the cups and blender lid without having to have to buy an entirely new blender.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Majic Bullet...DEFINATELY!!!
  • jbspangs
    jbspangs Posts: 19
    Options
    http://www.oster.com/myblend/

I ADORE this blender. It functions as a sports bottle as well. You just blend and go :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Why mess about with an extra container to wash? Get a hand blender.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have a VitaMix and would not trade it for anything. It's not a single serve, but I have no problem putting my smoothie into a travel cup. The VitaMix is ultra easy to clean, just rinse it. If there are stubborn spots that don't come out with just a quick rinse all you have to do is fill it 1/2-3/4 with warm water and run it on high. I only use soap when I've had garlic, onions, or spices in it. It's an amazing machine, well worth the money.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love my bullet......
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Magic Bullet for me. Love it and use it all the time for my fruit smoothies and hubby uses it to grind his coffee.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have an Oster and it works great. It's hard to find one that works as well as a regular sized blender. Found it at Target. And as a bonus it's hot pink. :)

I love mine, but it is orange. I bought an extra bottle. Bought them at walmart. Works great, just needs a rinse after use.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588

just bought this the other day and it works GREAT!!!! it even blends ice all the way and everything else, it has like 400 or so 5 star reviews :)
  • amandainfanto
    Options
    The Magic Bullet all the way. Also I just bought the baby Magic bullet for my friends baby shower and she loves it! Ha

But the bullet is amazing. Within 1 minute I make a shake in the morning and fly out the door! So worth it :)
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    this is the one i use and it works fine for me. i have never had a problem with it.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=408865&catid=185789&aid=338666&aparam=408865
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Hamilton Beach one (http://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach-single-serve-blender-black/-/A-10858328). Cheap and works really well!