Starting Couch to 5K (C25K) July 25th

Options

Replies

• Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just finished run 2! It felt so much harder today! It felt really good but man was it hard lol
  • behannkm10
    Options
    Can someone explain what this all is ? I'm obviously new to hearing about these things and I want in!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have started and stopped this twice already - last time I got to week 3 day 2 :frown: I've been doing it on my threadmill.

But I am ready to try again......Maybe I can join with all of you this time as it seems that a lot of you are starting for the first time or starting again......

Anyone starting tomorrow ??? Add me to the group :wink:

Can I ask anyone who does or has done this on threadmill - what speeds & inclines do you use ?
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 day 3 and have to repeat it. Not gonna lie, it gets hard. I had to do week 4 a total of 3 times. But then I got week 5 days 1 and 2 on the first try. It's all mind over matter and positive self talk. I have never liked running in the past, but I am starting to like it more and more. And as others have said there is a sense of accomplishment and pride that goes along with it. When you think that you can't do it, just dig deep and keep encouraging yourself- you can do this!!! :love:
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain what this all is ? I'm obviously new to hearing about these things and I want in!

C25K is a running program that works you into running. You jog and walk in the intervals specified. Each week or day depending on t he week you jog for a longer amount of time. It really is a lot of fun!
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    anyone know how to log this into exercise??? Starting today
  • JamieRena2012
    JamieRena2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there guys, just checking in with everyone. I did my run yesterday and let me just say, I am no runner lol!!! My legs were so sore and still are!! That last minute run was almost the death of me lol but I got thru it! How is everyone else coming along? Feel free to add me so we can support each other.
  • JamieRena2012
    Options
    anyone know how to log this into exercise??? Starting today

do you have an hrm??

If not, I would say log under cardiovascular and jogging??
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Download the NHS C25K, its awesome. The women is very encouraging and the music is peppy.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started Monday the 16th! We are really enjoying it!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start mine tomorrow. I will add you as a friend :) I'm doing mine on the treadmill though..
  • cfranklin10
    cfranklin10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 day 3 and I have lost 3 pounds I love it! Doing it with a friend helps me. I am doing it with my mom and we race to see who can burn more calories and more distance It makes a good competition!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 4, Day 1, which I do not think I am ready for. So I am going to repeat Week 3.
  • JamieRena2012
    Options
    I am on week 3 day 3 and I have lost 3 pounds I love it! Doing it with a friend helps me. I am doing it with my mom and we race to see who can burn more calories and more distance It makes a good competition!

that's sounds super cool....wish my mom worked out lol
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Hey guys, I started C25K this week too. I originally did the program 8 years ago and ended up running 4 half-marathons over the course of about a year and a half. I'm restarting now because it's been several years since I've run on a regular basis (unrelated foot surgery, pregnancy, etc). I'm doing a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday schedule for my C25K workouts and walking on off days. Finished up W1D2 this morning. Would love to have a group to go through the program with.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Started today :smile: just finished week 1 day 1
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post something about this! I started officially on Monday of this week so tomorrow is W1D3. Wow am I out of shape. I had been walking the same distance before for a while and wanted to challenge myself. But man my heart rate is soaring after just 1 minute runs, but it feels good. I finished the program in 2003 (before I had kids) - then ran a 5K. Shortly after that, I got pregnant with my first and never got back to running again.

No worries if you have to repeat days or weeks - whatever it takes!

Anyone feel free to friend me and we can motivate each other!
  • lleesmann
    lleesmann Posts: 41
    Options
    Just did week 5 day 3 today. It's doable, you just need to keep telling yourself that you can do it when the exercises get tough. Y'all can add me if you need a cheerleader to get you through the rough parts.
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good Morning: About to do Day 2 Week 1 of the Couch to 5K jogging program on the boardwalk. I'm going to run the Endomondo App on my phone along with my new Timex heart monitor and see if Endomondo gets the same calories burned as my accurate heart monitor. #teamgetfitandsexy

Add me if you like!!! I love getting new friends that are doing the same program as me :)
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ok I will endorse the Endomondo App on your smart phones. Its pretty much accurate. This morning me and the Mrs. went out to do the Day 2 of week 1 of Couch to 5K and I ran the Endomondo program along with my Timex heart monitor. The results was Endomondo 53 minutes 700 calories and my heart rate monitor was 53 minutes 655 calories so for it to be off 45 calories for a free app on your phone that's good! I say Use that until you can afford a good heart rate monitor :)