What's a GREAT single serve blender?

Options
124»

Replies

• nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    the bullet. They have some at JCPenney and probably other places as well. I love mine, use it every morning.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I bought the Cuisinart SmartPower:

http://tinyurl.com/cg39jnf

It's expensive, but I picked it for the 350w motor outdoes the 175 watt Hamilton Beach and 250 watt Magic Bullet. I had read that the HB had trouble crushing ice and burned out easily sometimes. Also, I'm familiar with the Cuisinart brand and love all the appliances I have bought from them, HB not so much.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Chris Freytag Personal blender. It's the best thing. I use it every morning and still going strong. Just google "Chris Freytag personal blender" You can take the cup with you, and it's also easy to clean.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but I have a magic bullet and I think it's total crap. I :heart: my Ninja! $19.99 at Target. Plus it comes in a ton of different colors. I have the red one. :flowerforyou:

do they have smaller, one-serving ninjas? I love my ninja too, it's what I currently use but i wanted something that blends right in the cup you drink from
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but I have a magic bullet and I think it's total crap. I :heart: my Ninja! $19.99 at Target. Plus it comes in a ton of different colors. I have the red one. :flowerforyou:

do they have smaller, one-serving ninjas? I love my ninja too, it's what I currently use but i wanted something that blends right in the cup you drink from

In my country, those are called hand blenders. It's just a motor with a shaft and blades that you put into the food to blend it.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Yes they do!
  • julieb7385
    Options
    I agree with other posters who have said the Magic Bullet stinks. I was really disaapointed in its ability to crush ice. It's good for softer things, like guac or salsa. But I haven't had much luck with mine crushing ice.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    The bullet handles ice fine here, but there is a different blade you're supposed to use when making ice / harder contents. Are y'all using the "ice" blade instead of the other one?
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    We just got a Ninja Pulse, and it comes with 4 self serve containers that you blend right in... its really powerful and easy to use/clean... love it so far... a tad on the expensive side though... 79-99 usd

I'm thinking of going with this one, once I want to drop the 80+ bucks on it. I have a regular ninja and I love it- I just want one that's more convenient and meant for shakes/smoothies
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with my Magic Bullet. Deluxe package was $50 at Costco (Canadian $$), and I pretty much live on smoothies and low-cal iced coffee on the weekends. Nevermind the soups and hummus and such that I could make if I weren't so lazy.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have an Oster and it works great. It's hard to find one that works as well as a regular sized blender. Found it at Target. And as a bonus it's hot pink. :)

That's the one I have, and I LOVE it.

This is what I have also. Love it! I only use a couple ice cubes in my protein power drinks as I don't like really cold things in my mouth due to sensitivity in teeth. It does the job for me.
  • AMC4x4
    AMC4x4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I tried the NutriBullet last night for the first time. Could not get past the ice. Started to smell like it was burning. I kept blending, and it still couldn't chop it up.

We have had a beehive Oster for years and it kills everything -- ice, prunes, whatever you can throw at it. I just bought an ice blade when I saw they were available and it pretty much liquifies anything.

I wanted the NutriBullet because I wanted a one-serving, easy clean blender, but if it can't do ice, I can't use it. It's going back to Target. I will stick with the Oster beehive for now. Can't believe the abuse it has taken and how long it has lasted.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm telling ya - Chris Freytag personal blender - the best I've ever had. I bought it off of QVC for a very good price. Blends ice and frozen fruit like a smoothie you buy from a restaurant.