Any LOTR geeks here?

Options

Replies

• EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I was thinking I wanted to do a marathon of the trilogy yesterday when I was posting stuff on fb about the new Hobbit movie. I'm totally geeked for it!
    I love the books and films so much my daughter is named after Princess Eowyn.
    She is!?! I love you even more now. I didn't think that was possible.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    So I'm wondering if Peter Jackson will do a Silmarilon movie in 10 parts?

So want to see Beren and Luthien, the fall of Gondolin, Feanor and the Balrogs....
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    "It's just three movies of people walking! Even the f---in' trees walked in that movie!"
    -Clerks II

lol! =D Hope you find someone to watch with. They're great films!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    huge LOTR fan.. and i cant wait for the new hobbit movies.. im gonna be as giddy as a school girl.. erm.. boy..
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    LoL...I enjoy the books, but I almost prefer the movies (and I DID read the books first)...on the one hand (just like the Harry Potter movies), reading the books gives you some background so you might get some things that aren't described very well in the movies....on the other hand, unlike the Harry Potter books, the LOTR series had a LOOOOTTTT of detail. I mean....I love Tolkein, but he would spend a page and a half describing a tree...

Bahahaha! I loved the books, but you are absolutely right! I'm still sad Tom Bombadil was left out of the movies. I really wanted to see him!!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    wait......there were books?
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    ♥ LOTR!! I saw a preview for The Hobbit when I saw Batman over the weekend. CANNOT WAIT to see it!! I haven't been quite this geeked up to see a movie in a while!
  • LadyAshes
    LadyAshes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh I would watch them with you in a heartbeat. I love them! Can't wait for The Hobbit.
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    Fan of the books, movies .. .even nerdy enough to have some board and card games.

And it's Gimli, for the win.

You are making me want to go back and watch the whole series with all directors cuts myself.

I need a "sick day" :)
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    LOVE THE MOVIES!
    have honestly never read the books, i have an iq of 12 and find them too complicated and slightly boring, D:

AM SO GOING TO SEE THE HOBBIT ON OPENING DAY! Love the actor they chose for Bilbo! <3

We have both the extended and non extended versions of the movie, and used to have a lotr poster up in the lounge room.
    My mums a total geek, we actually have 2 dolls who have been designed to represent arwen and galadriel, there very pretty and now about 20 years old!

:D:D:D:D Lol, I enjoy knowing there are fellow lotr geeks here!
    add me if u like, i dont bite much!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get my roommates to marathon through LOTR extended blu-rays with me. (Along with copious amounts of 420) But even that wouldn't convince them to watch it with me. Need to find some geekier friends apparently. Love the movies though, and the books even though I have not read them in full since high school.
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    me! me! *waves*

started on the books when i was 9. own them all, and the movies, and regularly re-watch them.

extra geek points: i've even read a great deal of Tolkien's studies on medieval literature and philology.
  • jhunt90
    jhunt90 Posts: 78
    Options
    LOTR geek? I don't know...Does owning action figures, posters, goblets, a snow globe, all the soundtracks, two set of the books, and the extended versions of the movies classify me as a geek?
    Probably a little :P I just recently watched the extended ones (alone of course, for some reason no one can sit through the extended ones...) I love LOTR! :)
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: LOVE LOTR!!!!!! Cant wait for new movie from the same director and basically same story, I just cant remember the exact name of themovie right now but I CANT WAIt!!!!

*WOULDNT CONSIDER MYSELF A LOTR geek though because I dont really obsess over it*
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have read the books once a year for awhile now and I have seen the movies just as often since they came out. Sometimes more. lol. I am a full fledged LotR geek with no shame. I plan to watch a marathon of them before going to see the Hobbit.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Never read the books, but I loved the movies, bought the trilogy and cry at the end every single time when Frodo leaves. If they're on TNT, Starz or any other channel I will rewatch them.

Sometimes my son will watch the marathon with me.

Luv LOTR!!!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    love the movies, love the books (favs are the Hobbit and the Two Towers esp the part where Gimli and Legolas count their Orc kills-much better in the book). I also have the Simillarion, which kind of gives you a background and a look at the future of the LOTR world. The end of Return of the King the movie and book make me cry. Frodo forever!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So psyched for The Hobbit.

Totally making my 2 year old a Hobbit costume for Halloween this year!

EDIT: I have read all the books, including The Silmarillion. I love the elves. I wish I could be one. Is that lame? A little, but I have no shame!
    And of course I've seen the movies.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    So I'm wondering if Peter Jackson will do a Silmarilon movie in 10 parts?

So want to see Beren and Luthien, the fall of Gondolin, Feanor and the Balrogs....

I'd be orgasming the entire movie if that happened. But it never will, that book is impossible to film
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I have "hope" in Elvish tattooed on my wrist, and I used to be able to read and write Dwarvish fluently (being a fan wasn't the reason for learning it...writing "coded" notes with a friend was...but still, lol!)