do you weigh yourself EVERY DAY?

Options
I usually weigh myself every single day, first thing when I get up in the morning. sometimes I weigh myself before I go to bed. I was considering getting a scale that actually shows ounces, such 127.5 lbs as opposed to just an even number like 127. The one I have right now is like the latter. However, I'm afraid that since I weigh every day I may drive myself crazy with ounces.

Is it unhealthy to weigh myself this much? I have actually stopped weighing for the past 2 days now, and feel a lot less stressed. But im afraid if I keep this up, I'll get a little too relaxed with my calories and what not.

Any opinions out there? How much do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week Saturday morning and that's that till next Saturday!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yes sometimes but usually every few days.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost everyday, more than once.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to expect to see by the end of the day. Obviously you will weigh more than you did that morning. If you're coming obsessed with the scale perhaps a weekly weigh in would be better for you. Then follow the allotted calories MFP recommends for you.
  • hollysivalia
    Options
    LOL if i had a scale in my house then I probably would!! But I just do it once a week at work :)
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Once a week or else you will go crazy with minor fluctuations. Every day really seems like overkill to me.
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I use the restroom and then again at night before going to bed. I know your weight can and will go up and down during the day but for me it is a way to stay accountable.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Once a month is good enough for me.... Once a week if you're anal.... One a day is sick...
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about once every 2 weeks if that. If I weighed myself everyday I would go nuts especially when the human body can fluctuate so many times during the day.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning. I don't have an obsession with it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If it stresses you out, I'd suggest weighing once a week, if not once a month. There are so many reasons why your weight fluctuates from day to day that getting yourself all worked up about it is just a waste of energy. And honestly the more frustrated you are, the more likely you are to give up too soon.

Slight gains usually have nothing to do with the amount of calories you ate (unless you had like 3000 more calories than you should). Typically they have to do with either uneliminated waste and/or water retention which is caused by several things including too much sodium, not enough water and exercise induced healing/swelling.

I've almost always weighed myself daily since I was a teenager but I never really let it stress me out. If it had, I wouldn't ever have let myself get as heavy as I was! :)
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Yep. Multiple times.
    I have a wifi scale that charts my weight - I like to see the fluctuations. It's like I'm my own science project :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yes, every morning, and a lot of times at night too. I don't freak out over fluctuations though...I actually find them interesting...
  • CynthiaMayela
    Options
    I'm not obsessed with the scale anymore since it's not moving anymore... Now my new hobby is measure myself every single day. This week I lost a total of 3 inches off my waist I'm so happy
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    My e-friends & I have a "weigh-in" twice a week (Sat & Wed) ..... and we weigh before breakfast ......

That works for me :drinker:
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yes, my scale has ounces in .2 increments, I love it, it keeps me motivated to weigh every day.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I don't anymore, but I used to. I think that's one of the best ways to stay on track. Obviously you're more susceptible to the day-to-day fluctuations that can be a little misleading, but ultimately I think it's a great way to keep yourself accountable. Whether you're doing something right or wrong, it's best to find out after one day than seven.

Might be one reason why I was never into cheat days. I knew that no matter what I'd have to face it on the scale the next morning, and at that point it's hard to feel like whatever you ate was worth it.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day so that I can compensate if i have any weight gain and get back on track a lot easier.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyday. Keeps me honest, and now I've been doing it so long I don't freak out if I'm up for a day or two.
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    I have a mild obsession with weighing in everyday, only because I like to see where I'm at... if I did it weekly, I'd most likely stop caring about it as much as I do now.