do you weigh yourself EVERY DAY?

Options

Replies

• MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Is it unhealthy to weigh myself this much? I have actually stopped weighing for the past 2 days now, and feel a lot less stressed. But im afraid if I keep this up, I'll get a little too relaxed with my calories and what not.

Any opinions out there? How much do you weigh yourself?

1. I weigh myself almost every day, first thing in the morning, before I eat.

2. Weighing yourself every day is not unhealthy unless it's creating a problem for you in some way. Everyone is different, weigh yourself as often as you want to.
  • glowbuggy
    glowbuggy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I use the restroom and then again at night before going to bed. I know your weight can and will go up and down during the day but for me it is a way to stay accountable.

I agree. I like to see how much I have gained during the day in relation to how much I have eaten...
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Daily. I'm a numbers geek.

This. I have a spreadsheet with my charts for my weight and body fat.
  • tlonie
    tlonie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I use the restroom and then again at night before going to bed. I know your weight can and will go up and down during the day but for me it is a way to stay accountable.

Exact same here...I weigh every single day after using the restroom in the morning, but my "official" weigh in is Saturday morning. I really can't help myself since it is in the restroom.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    yes, i do.
  • LyndseyJessica
    Options
    every day at least! if im low fel great if i go up in weight i just step it up a bit! that works for me every1 different x
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I have done daily, once a week and once every two weeks. Right now I am weighing once a day and it doesn't make me upset. I think that if you get worked up over the scale too much by weighing daily it means you need to try weekly. Make sure to hike your scale so you aren't tempted :)

Just do what works for you emotionally!
  • karijoeide
    karijoeide Posts: 103
    Options
    I weigh daily and have a digital WW scale, I love it, it's nice having the ounces as well. I only record when I have lost weight, which of late has been weekly.
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    I weigh every day, but understand that my weight will fluctuate throughout the week. I only record my weight when I hit a new low.

I really like having a scale that tells partial pounds. Mine goes in .2 increments.

This is what I do. That way I've become used to the fluctuations throughout the week AND through the month. I can tell first thing in the morning when I've had too much sodium over the last few days. ;) I just don't let the fluctuations bother me.
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    Nope! I have officially broken up with my scale! It was making me CRAZY: especially when I feel and look better than I have in years! I haven't weighed my self in a few weeks. Walk pass it every day and I am proud to say: "I'm good!!" I love just concentrating on how I look and how I feel....WHAT FREEDOM!!! :bigsmile:
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Yes, every morning, and a lot of times at night too. I don't freak out over fluctuations though...I actually find them interesting...

^^ This is me too! I know there will be fluctuations and don't worry about them.

The only argument about weighing yourself in the morning and at night is that you will almost always weigh more at night than in the morning. Allowing that all scales suck, weighing yourself at the same time of day is the best way to reduce noise and variability in your readings. It doesn't matter if you choose morning or night, but choose 1. The point of measurement is to provide information that you can use to make decisions and act on. If you weigh yourself in the morning on Monday and at night on Tuesday, you really can't do anything with that information because you've introduced additional variables to the data points - they're not comparable.
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yep. Multiple times.
    I have a wifi scale that charts my weight - I like to see the fluctuations. It's like I'm my own science project :)

I'm almost OCD about weighing myself. I'm always fascinated by the way that my weight fluctuates during the day and how sometimes, it just doesn't make sense. Although I weigh myself at least twice a day, I don't ever stress about the number on the scale.
  • stlceecee
    stlceecee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    no I heard thats the worst thing to do, because it varies throughout the day. once weekly, biweekly, or monthly. I have a habit of getting on the scale though. Its soo hard to avoid
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    Every day twice a day (morning and night)
  • SixPackSammy
    Options
    Normally only once every couple of weeks...but it rarely changes more than a pound or two....
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. BUT, I only count my weight (gain or loss) once a week on Sundays. I have found a good reason to do this. There is a pattern that my weight has fallen into. I weigh more during the week and by Friday, my weight drops thru Sunday. This way, I can tell if a true weight is the one I am writing on my calendar.

I also have the scales that show the ounces. This is helpful because staying the same can frustrate you after a few weeks, but if you can see even ounces decreasing on your weigh in, it helps motivate you to do better.

I would stop the evening weigh in. You are naturally going to be heavier after a day of eating. Weigh in the morning, as soon as you wake and take a bathroom break.

You're doing great, keep up the good work!
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after peeing and before I eat & shower. But I only record the number if it seems "accurate". For example if I have a really salty meal when I'm out, for the next two days my weight will 'look higher". So I weigh myself but don't record it. Then after a few days I've peed out all the excess fluid, and I'll start recording again.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning just to keep myself in check. I officially record (or count) my weighin once a week. I know you're weight goes up an down during the week, but I'd prefer to just keep an eye on it every day.
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how you view the numbers. I weigh myself (my scale does oz. which I tend to ignore) every day in the morning. If I have lost weight, good for me. If I'm up, I try to figure out why and use that as a motivator to do better that day. There is no stress here for me but if a dailiy weigh-in creates ANY stress I say don't do it. The conventional wisdom says weigh yourself once a week. If you are going to do daily weigh-ins I think it helps to weigh yourself only once a day and at the same time.