I LOVE RED WINE!!

Options

Replies

• tfunkwurzer
    tfunkwurzer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh I love any wine. I have been a multiple glass a day girl for years. It has absolutely been the hardest thing to give up and I'm sure the only thing that has caused my weight gain over the years. (Since I have always eaten healthy and exercised.) I'd love to add a few friends that share that struggle.
  • Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I got a couple of tiny wine glasses from a wine tasting once. Half of one of these glasses is only 4 ounces ~100 calories. I use these glasses now when I have wine at home. I count it as a snack and limit myself to a max of 2 (really long hard day at work) of these 4 ounce glasses in a night. I also usually have a glass of water I drink at the same time to make my wine last longer. As a result I don't feel terribly wine deprived while I'm reducing calories. ;-)
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Red wine is actually good for you! I agree with LizLane. You just need to use portion control. A glass is typically 4-5 oz. Just work it into your calories, and just have one! For most people, it is part of a routine you have for yourself that helps you unwind. Without it, you may have to replace it with a bath or something else for a while. If you are truly trying to cut back though, you might start with just cutting it out 2 days a week for the first month, the weaning yourself off. But I don't see why you should miss out on such pleasures????? Otherwise, why suffer unless you plan on replacing those calories with something better:)
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I guess I wouldn't be much help. I typically drink 2.5 glasses (1/2 bottle) of wine every week night and often more on the weekends. It may have slowed my weight loss a bit, but it didn't prevent me from losing. I met my goal over a year ago. I don't eat many sweets though so that helps make room for the wine in my daily calories.

You're my hero!
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Me too. I love red wine. I try to work it into my calories. Perhaps my weightloss goes slwer that it would otherwise, but at the same time my life is more pleasant!
  • cherylouise3
    Options
    Fortunately I'm not a fan of wine, but a sucker for pear cider!
    Yup, classy lady right here.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    For the women (ok - who am I to judge, maybe some men) on this thread - I think I found our dream shoes:

527003_10150925078797261_1056205174_n.jpg

Hmm - goal weight treat? :wink: :drinker:
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tammy and I'm a wino, too. My solution is to keep those tiny 6oz bottles of wine in the house so that when I do drink, it's neatly packaged for me in a reasonable portion. So far, it works like a charm.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have cut out all sweets (except for fruit of course).....so this is my SPLURGE in the evenings....I used to be a WHITE RUSSIAN girl - had to stop THAT in its tracks!! ~K
  • tfunkwurzer
    tfunkwurzer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tammy and I'm a wino, too. My solution is to keep those tiny 6oz bottles of wine in the house so that when I do drink, it's neatly packaged for me in a reasonable portion. So far, it works like a charm.

I was just thinking last night I needed to get these so I would have built in portion control but it drives me crazy how much more they cost. If only I didn't have the desire to drink the whole dang bottle............
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We sooooooo need a LIKE button on this board! LOVE those shoes!!! LOL!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I love SKY Vodka
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    ooohhh how do i join? i just enjoyed a glass of sparkling white so tempted to have another but not going to - trying to be good so i can enjoy myself saturday night at a local country festival
    Haha, cheers all :drinker:

I'm actually part of a monthly thread on here called like minded lushes, some are trying to cut down while others are just trying to find a balance, it's a great place to vent and talk boozy beverage habits.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Vitamin V! when did sky change their name? LOL!!!!
    Keep loving it! Resveratrol is good for you! Don't worry about calories, just compensate. I drink 12 ounces of Vitamin V everyday and I am down 90lbs as of today!
  • BobbinTop
    BobbinTop Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just letting you all know that I've started a group called NO WINE ON WEEKDAYS!!

BobbinTop
  • Alexzya
    Alexzya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Daddy loves his vino! But at 200 calories per glass ... well it's an obstacle. I'm off the stuff for the foreseeable future.

Dan in Dallas...

OMG 200 calories!?!?! I knew I never looked up the calorie count on wine for a reason! :sad:
    Alcohol has been one of the things I haven't fully given up yet. Not that I drink tons or anything, I just like to have a drink at night time....and enjoy my Friday nights lol.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    <3 alllllll wines.
  • cccgrillo
    cccgrillo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have cut out weeknight drinking as well. Well, I just started this week, but so far so good!
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    Heck, I would replace a meal with wine before I cut it out! :noway:

(Oops.... I mean... I would replace a meal with... uh... a protein shake.)
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For the women (ok - who am I to judge, maybe some men) on this thread - I think I found our dream shoes:

527003_10150925078797261_1056205174_n.jpg

Hmm - goal weight treat? :wink: :drinker:

Does it spring when you walk? Maybe I should use it for running. And then have a glass of wine, or two or shoe....