Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Re-thinking my position on eggs...

Replies

• LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    I eat 2 or 3 whole eggs a day not for cholesterol issues but to meet my protein intake
  • mommyjgo
    mommyjgo Posts: 19 Member
    Eggs are the miracle food as far as I'm concerned! lol SO versatile, yummy and low-cal! I never make them in an unhealthy way, like fried in real oil, I either bake, hardboil, "fry" on my griddle with nonfat nonstick Pam Butter Flavored Spray or scramble in some evoo w/ whatever veggies or meats I want! :) Oh, also an "egg-drop" soup that's sauteed garlic in evoo, add chicken (or vegi) broth, get to roiling boil and start drizzling in eggs you've previously 'batted'! ;)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    I eat 3 whole eggs per day, my cholestoral has dropped to perfectly healthy levels since I started doing that mixed with a good diet/excercise.
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    My favorite is to make a mexican omelette with some lean meat, onions, peppers, a little cheese, salsa, and fat free sour cream. Oh yeah and maybe just a few black olives...
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Making me wish I'd prepped my eggs for today. I'm having them tonight as dinner, though. I love eggs, and I notice if I don't eat them, I suffer a lot on energy because meat is sooooo expensive and you can only eat beans so much.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    I eat about 10 whites a day, couldn't live without them.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,078 Member
    I just had eggs fried in the bacon fat for lunch.
    I eat eggs almost every day.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    If you don't have high cholesterol, go for it. I love them.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Mmmm maybe I'll make an omelette for dinner tonight...
  • cre8inmee
    cre8inmee Posts: 21 Member
    If you read Metabolic Effect, it'll give you a WHOLE NEW perspective on fats. Eggs are good for you!!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 567 Member
    There have been studies that show people who eat at least 1 egg a day have an easier time losing and maintaining weight loss... it looks like you've discovered that all on your own!

I have at least one egg every day.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Oh I'm not opposed to fats. I just make sure they come from all natural sources as much as possible.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Eggs are amazing. Don't cut yourself short. I eat 2 everyday. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY (the whole thing).

Me too! Unless I run out. :smile:
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Eggs are awesome! I eat them most days. My 4 year old even asks for hard boiled eggs for a treat.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Lol my teens just went through half a carton making themselves scrambled eggs
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    My favorite is to make a mexican omelette with some lean meat, onions, peppers, a little cheese, salsa, and fat free sour cream. Oh yeah and maybe just a few black olives...

Yum! Throw in some avocado. Delish!
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member

I was just thinking about what to make for lunch and here you solved it for me :) minus the olives.
  • PrayerofAmity

Yum! Throw in some avocado. Delish!

Nice suggestion! :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    I've eaten them raw. Just cracked them open into a glass and slid them down my throat. Haven't done that in awhile.
  • siwelh
    siwelh Posts: 50 Member
    Eggs have been key to me losing almost 90 lbs. I try to limit myself to one yolk a day (most of what I have read still says more than that might be a problem), but I will have 4 whites with one whole egg a day. Eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese and lite string cheese are my 4 "secret weapons"!