Easy Crockpot Recipes

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the new recipes everyone!

I like the idea about putting everything together in the freezer bags.

I'm going to try the Italian chicken this weekend.

JAM
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    bump.
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Your welcome! There are some great "bag" recipes on kraft website and others if you just google. If I can find some of mine I'll post them.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Not from a healthy cooking website, so you may want to make some substitutions, but there is a TON here:

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html
  • SWEET_WATER3
    Options
    Hello I just came across this web site and decided to join. I would like to share this Crockpot recipe that I' found online when i did the WeightWatcher program.

Ingredients
    1 lb chicken breast, uncooked, frozen, boneless, skinless
    1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup (feel free to use the cream of mushroom here instead)
    1 (16 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
    1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
    Directions
    1Place the frozen chicken in the bottom of a crockpot.
    2Mix the other ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour it over the chicken.
    3Cover and cook on low for 7 hours

I love it:) Very yummy !
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes later
  • jaybroave
    jaybroave Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I gotta try it! Thanks!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ive never cooked the chicken while it was still frozen! Sounds delicious.
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    White Chicken Chili (The best creamy chicken chili recipe I've found yet)

3-4 chicken breasts (appx. 1-1 1/2 lbs.)
    1 pkg. McCormick's White Chicken Chili seasoning
    1 can corn drained
    1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
    1 can Swanson Low-sodium chicken broth
    1 can diced green chiles
    2 cans white northern beans drained
    1/2 c. light sour cream

Pour broth, soup, chiles, & seasoning in crockpot & mix together. Put chicken breasts in sauce & top w/corn beans. Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hrs (7 hrs gives best results). Break chicken breasts apart w/spoon, add sour cream & stir together. Enjoy =-D
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I was reminded of this one over the weekend.

1 lb lean ground beef (or venison, turkey etc)
    1 medium onion chopped
    1 or 2 garlic cloves minced or crushed
    1 can condensed veg. soup (light soup works fine, or low sodium etc)
    1/2 cup water
    fresh or canned mushrooms (optional) chopped
    Herbs - I use a little rosemary but my mom always used oregano and my sister uses thyme
    salt and pepper
    1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
    low-fat egg noodles

In the morning either slightly saute the onions or microwave them with a 1/4 of water for one minute to soften and slightly cook.

Crumble the uncooked ground meat into the crock-pot, add the garlic and onion, pour the can of soup over the top and add herbs and salt and pepper (you don't need to add any salt at this stage so I don't). Only add the water if you aren't using fresh mushrooms. Cover and cook on medium for 8 hrs. Stir together , if it appears dry add 1/2 cup skim milk and stir in the 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream. Allow to heat through while you cook the egg noodles. Serve over the egg noodles.

I've started this with frozen ground venison and it was fine. My mom never used noodles, she had a crock-pot with a removable liner so she would put roll biscuits on top, remove the liner and put it in a 350 oven until the biscuits browned and puffed up. The center biscuit was always undercooked and for what ever reason it was the "Prize" one to get :wink:
  • lfischer
    lfischer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    easiest chicken chili
    (The hubs thought this recipe looked too easy and bland, but he was very impressed with the results...it is now a staple in our house):

3 thawed chicken breasts ( 6 - 8 oz pieces)
    4 cans white beans (2 drained, 2 undrained)
    8 oz shredded pepperjack cheese
    2 cups salsa
    1 can diced green chilis

mix all ingredients, except chicken, and place in crockpot. Add 3 chicken breasts to the top. Cook on low for 6 hours, remove chicken and shred - add back to crockpot and mix. Cook one more hour on low.

I top with low fat sour cream, some diced avocado, tomato, cilantro and green onion. Before toppings it is roughly 300 cal per serving - makes roughly 8 servings (I think 1 and 1/2 cup per serving....but I can't remember)
  • Hazard
    Hazard Posts: 14
    Options
    Oh ... that WW Chicken Chili recipe w/ frozen chicken breasts - sounds right down my alley. I am always a day late and a dollar short. But - I can easily have these ingredients on hand ... and pop them into the crockpot. Thanks - AmyLyn...
  • veggiemama
    Options
    I use www.allrecipes.com for my crock pot recipes. The nice thing is you can see a star rating of what others who have tried it think as we as read comments that can really help you to refine a recipe. One of my favorites on the site is Refried Beans Without the Refry, but read the comments - you really need to decrease the salt. Being vegetarian, it's extra hard to find good crock pot recipes - they're ususally very meat-centric.
  • volks80
    Options
    Here are my super super simple recipes, sorry I don't have any measurements just kind of wing it.

Chicken (boneless breast, unbreaded strips or whatever)
    italian dressing
    paremesan cheese
    I usually chop up some potatoes and carrots and add it all in. Let it cook all day and it is so yummy and soft.

Pork Roast
    apple juice
    onion
    Cook all day then come home, it gets so soft it basically shredds itself, juicy good by itself or you can add some bbq or hot sauce.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Here are my super super simple recipes, sorry I don't have any measurements just kind of wing it.

italian dressing
    paremesan cheese
    I usually chop up some potatoes and carrots and add it all in. Let it cook all day and it is so yummy and soft.

Yum! I can't wait to try this one. It sounds great and easy.

Thanks,

JAM
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hammersshells
    Options
    Wow. treasure trove of ideas here! Can't decide which one to try today! Thanks all!
  • LaurieB5578
    LaurieB5578 Posts: 1,297
    Options
    Hello I just came across this web site and decided to join. I would like to share this Crockpot recipe that I' found online when i did the WeightWatcher program.

Ingredients
    1 lb chicken breast, uncooked, frozen, boneless, skinless
    1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup (feel free to use the cream of mushroom here instead)
    1 (16 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
    1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
    Directions
    1Place the frozen chicken in the bottom of a crockpot.
    2Mix the other ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour it over the chicken.
    3Cover and cook on low for 7 hours

I love it:) Very yummy !

I just made this for dinner last night and am having the leftovers for lunch today! it was VERY yummy! thank you!
  • LaurieB5578
    LaurieB5578 Posts: 1,297
    Options

italian dressing
    paremesan cheese

Pork Roast
    apple juice
    onion
    Cook all day then come home, it gets so soft it basically shredds itself, juicy good by itself or you can add some bbq or hot sauce.

Both of these sound very good! I'll have to try them soon!