Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    We know parents of a child in PS2's school who link gluten with autism. As a result, they go pretty crazy with diet, and personally, I am not sure how strong the link is between autism and gluten.

So today I was off work. PS1 had a field trip and DW chaperoned. They had to be up at 4AM. I put PS2 on his bus and had the day to myself. So I took a nice long one hour walk (one hour, or about 3.5 miles at a brisk pace), ran a couple of errands, and tried to do some yard work. One of my machines was not working so I did not get as much done as I wanted. This evening, our neighborhood pool had a pizza party for people who had volunteered for pre-season cleanup. So I took PS2 to that. Apparently, the organizers have never heard of pizza with vegetable toppings! Well, I had planned ahead with my calories so I stayed within limits (though clearly, my carbs were high today). Let's see if I can be good this weekend.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Holiday weekends are tough to be good on. I just try to focus on portion control when it comes to that.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    raquel715 wrote: »
    Hey guys need support mom of one little baby girl!! Would love some support if I lose 10 pounds I'll be at the weight I was before I has her but I want to be in the best shape of my life so 30 is my goal! Yikes that's a lot :s

Glad to have you with us. If you focus hard on what you want and more importantly WHY you want it, you will succeed!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have probably posted in here before, but there are new parents and I'd love to have some more parent friends! :smile: I've been a consistent logger since the beginning of the year, I have lost almost 70lbs since last August and I have about 60 more to go. I have a 2 year old boy and he loves to go on walks with me in the jogging stroller. :smile:
  • catbirdly
    catbirdly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this group. I have three daughters, aged 11, 9, and 4. I'm pretty new to MFP. My goals are to be fit so I can keep up with the girls, provide a healthy role model, get back to defining myself as an athlete, feel good and set myself up the best I can to live a long, long time with as little pain as possible.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    Well, I tried. I'll see what the scale says tomorrow morning.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I have probably posted in here before, but there are new parents and I'd love to have some more parent friends! :smile: I've been a consistent logger since the beginning of the year, I have lost almost 70lbs since last August and I have about 60 more to go. I have a 2 year old boy and he loves to go on walks with me in the jogging stroller. :smile:

If you have, welcome back. if not, welcome aboard :) Congrats on your weight loss journey thus far. 60 lbs is amazing. 2 YO boy. I remember when my boy was 2. Much easier than 3-4. LOL
    catbirdly wrote: »
    I would love to be part of this group. I have three daughters, aged 11, 9, and 4. I'm pretty new to MFP. My goals are to be fit so I can keep up with the girls, provide a healthy role model, get back to defining myself as an athlete, feel good and set myself up the best I can to live a long, long time with as little pain as possible.

Thank you for joining us. What kind of sports did you play?

• MikePXstream
    Options
    @ronronronj Remember, it is not always what the scale says. As you get stronger, you will gain muscle, which will weigh more. About 6 months ago, I did a program called Body Beast and I put on 5lbs of muscle and 4 1/2 inches of muscle mass. By body fat % stayed the same. So, needless to say, the scale went up, but I was still in great shape amd my clothes still fit well, well, a little tighter in the chest and arms. :)
  • bugmedic
    bugmedic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a dad of one, and another on the way soon. I have post grad exams to study for, and I'd like to spend more time setting up my little business on the side, but with all that and working full time it just gets crazy!

Anyway, I'd like to join the "crazy busy parents club" too.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    @ronronronj Remember, it is not always what the scale says. As you get stronger, you will gain muscle, which will weigh more. About 6 months ago, I did a program called Body Beast and I put on 5lbs of muscle and 4 1/2 inches of muscle mass. By body fat % stayed the same. So, needless to say, the scale went up, but I was still in great shape amd my clothes still fit well, well, a little tighter in the chest and arms. :)

Thanks. I was around 160 this morning, which is pretty good for me after a weekend. Still, a lower high for the beginning of the week. Let's see if I can get to a lower low.
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just love when my 16 year old girl wants to shoot hoops and play catch. She helps to keep me moving on those days when I don't want to move at all.

Kinda fell off the wagon so to speak the past week or so with college graduation and the holiday. It felt good to log my meals today.
  • ronronronj
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I cut the grass this evening and that knocked off some weight, so I'm feeling somewhat better. Under 160 again, and it's only Tuesday!
    JLDRKSJ wrote: »
    Kinda fell off the wagon so to speak the past week or so with college graduation and the holiday. It felt good to log my meals today.

I have a high school graduation party for DW's nephew coming up this weekend, so I can sympathize.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    With my wife having surgery last week, many of our friends have been bringing us meals and of course desserts. So I have not been on my A game. Mostly with portion sizes. The exercise is still there for the most part. I'm sure after this week we will all be back on track!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Joanne, mum of four and married for 14 years. My boys are 13, 11, 8 and my little girl is 3. She is fast asleep beside me now. Little princess!! I'm from Ireland but living far away in Nigeria. Hubby is Nigerian so that's why I'm here. Have only one friend in the estate I'm living in and she has only one boy so has no idea what I face every day. Could do with more friends that have kids. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today I carpet cleaned my living room, dusted and vacuum it took 3 1/2 hours. Tomorrow I'm doing family room and then I have bedroom to do.
    Was a hot day today in Wisconsin, I'm not complaining finally it's warm out and no rain.
  • tonedby46
    Options
    bugmedic wrote: »
    I'm a dad of one, and another on the way soon. I have post grad exams to study for, and I'd like to spend more time setting up my little business on the side, but with all that and working full time it just gets crazy!

Anyway, I'd like to join the "crazy busy parents club" too.

Welcome to the group
  • tonedby46
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Joanne, mum of four and married for 14 years. My boys are 13, 11, 8 and my little girl is 3. She is fast asleep beside me now. Little princess!! I'm from Ireland but living far away in Nigeria. Hubby is Nigerian so that's why I'm here. Have only one friend in the estate I'm living in and she has only one boy so has no idea what I face every day. Could do with more friends that have kids. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Welcome to the group and add you as a friend
  • price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Really enjoy reading your posts, this is what I need!

Worked all day, drove in the car for what seems like hours to and from daycare and work ... I am missing the part in my story " still found time to work out"
    I have one boy almost 3. Work full time and an hour commute both ways! Got to get up earlier, and could use some new friends for motivation! Add me too please :0)

Great to find a post on here with nice people. Seems like everyone on this site is ready to attack!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    price0909 wrote: »
    Really enjoy reading your posts, this is what I need!

Worked all day, drove in the car for what seems like hours to and from daycare and work ... I am missing the part in my story " still found time to work out"
    I have one boy almost 3. Work full time and an hour commute both ways! Got to get up earlier, and could use some new friends for motivation! Add me too please :0)

Great to find a post on here with nice people. Seems like everyone on this site is ready to attack!

I think those that are attacking are jealous. One of those attackers decided to go into my diary, which I though was on friends only and start attacking me in public forums, not knowing the circumstances behind my choice, then called my doctor an idioy., as if she knows more than he does. I went onto another post to give help to the op and this same person followed me and started saying my advise was useless and told everyone about my diet. Turns out she actually had gained 40lbs. I was laughing. So you see, those that attack probably are either gaining back what they have lost or just hungry. That or they are jealous of your results, knowing they don't have the discipline to do it themselves.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    Good morning, and TGIF! I am looking forward to getting some exercise in before it gets too hot outside. This weekend will challenge my will power again as I have a graduation cookout one day and a festival the next. Ahhh, family responsibilities. Have a great weekend, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.