Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• Spaniel5
    Spaniel5 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »
    The scale said 159.2 this morning. Hadn't had a reading like that in a looooong time! Thanks for the encouragement.

Needs a "like" button. Congratulations!
  • osbornesarah8
    osbornesarah8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mum of 2, feel free to add me.
    Motivation is very much needed!!
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »
    The scale said 159.2 this morning. Hadn't had a reading like that in a looooong time! Thanks for the encouragement.

Good for you Ron! I'm proud of you!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning. It's thirsty Thursday! I'm shooting for 90oz today. That is half my weight in ounces. If you number seems to high, then shoot for 2 liters. What's your goal for the day? Please share!0kwb4xjo0je5.jpg
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. I was still under 160 this morning. Not too shabby! Hopefully I will have the chance for a walk, but it's rainy today.
  • Spaniel5
    Options
    I lost a pound this past week. I think that is terrific! My life is pretty stressful right now and a loss is a loss!!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother with two children. I've always told them how important it is to stay active and be healthy and so I take them to gymnastics, dance, soccer and also a run club. I haven't always followed my own advice though. I've lost and gained and am here again hoping to make it stick. My biggest challenges are staying motivated and eating better. I feel like I'm off to a good start, but I know that having that support behind you can make a huge difference. Feel free to add me and I'll do the same.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    What a busy crazy weekend. Yesterday we ran the Sprint into summer 5k. My family and our junior running team did awesome. My wife came in 3rd for her age group and my daughters came in 3rd and 4th for the 5k. My son came in 2nd for the 1/2 mile race, and 4 of our junior runners also placed in the top 3 for their age groups. I Came in 10th. I'm in a tough age bracket though. Pushing the later part of the 30's and having to compete with those youngsters is tough. My kids have another race today for the Healthy Kids race series. These ones are only 1 mile, and no awards given, but if they complete the series, they win prizes at the end. Racing season has begun!
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 girls 5 and 7. Feel free to add me! =)
  • ronronronj
    Options
    Trying to get back to normal after the weekend. Some friends invited us to a birthday party for their twins. The combination of cookout, food selection, and Kentucky Derby was not conducive to staying on track. At least I managed to use only one plate instead of going back for seconds (or more)! If anyone offers you concentrated cranberry vodka, be warned that you might or might not find it as delicious as NyQuil. :s It's supposed to be a nice day, and I have the afternoon off work (plus I am working from home), so I'll try to get a nice walk in.
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 year old boy here :)
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    @ronronronj - Concentrated cranberry vodka. that doesn't even sound good.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    The Black Cherry Mike's Hard Lemonade was better (or less bad)!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    see, I can't do any of those sugary sweet drinks anymore. Ever since I stopped drinking soda, they all became to sweet for me. even regular juice I have to water down a little bit.
  • Spaniel5
    Options
    Same here, Mike. My kids complain that my iced tea isn't sweet enough. I don't do soda either, and rarely alcohol of any kind.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I'll have a couple beers a week, but that's about it. The downside is I prefer microbrews, so the calorie content is a little higher. I usually burn it all off though.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    I actually drink pretty rarely. My general rule of thumb is that I have one of something (beer, glass of wine, or cocktail), and that's IT (for no other reason than I am generally the driver). Given that, I probably have a drink once every few weeks or once a month.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    My weight did bounce up over 160 after the weekend, but not as high as it has in the past. I am telling myself that a "lower high" is a good thing. Sort of the opposite of what we call a "dead cat bounce" in the investing world.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    You weight is always going to fluctuate. As long as you are within a pound or two, you will be just fine! I'll maybe have a drink a week. But there are times where I will go a month without, so it all kind of balances out.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    I'm playing "Mr. Mom" right now. My wife sings, so she is at rehearsal. Her chorus is doing Beethoven's 9th Symphony, which is awesome to see live. I've been keeping up with the water consumption and feel that when my weight bounces up, the news highs are lower than the old ones. I also mowed the grass today, and the scale showed me at 158.4, another new low. I've been careful about keeping my portions down and doing more to stick with the caloric limits.

It is hard to keep from partaking when the kids want some junk food somewhere. Tonight it was frozen yogurt, but I was good. Well, I tried a couple of samples . . .

Have a great weekend, everyone! Thanks for being such a welcoming community. I am accepting friend requests from other Moms and Dads (and others) also.
This discussion has been closed.