Grapefruit Eaters

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit. The claims that are made in RE to boosting metabolism, etc are hugely exaggerated though...eat grapefruit if you like grapefruit, but don't think you're just going to magically drop weight because you're doing so.

If people focused as much attention on just eating a healthy and well balanced diet and hitting their calorie targets as they did trying to boost their metabolism by a couple calories with green tea and grapefruit, people would be a lot better off.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Love pink grapefruit! Really tasty with cottage cheese or in a salad.
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I adore grapefruit and eat because I love it:)
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I think they're delicious and filling. They're my go to healthy evening snack--a great replacement for a night time sweets craving. You should definitely weigh them and enter the calories based on grams, though. I find most of my grapefruits are well over 100 calories when measured that way. Also, I'm too lazy to cut out each section. I usually just cut them into wedges. For weighing and measuring, I weigh the whole grapefruit before cutting and eating (in grams) and then weigh the leftover peel and subtract that to get the amount that I've eaten. It's the lazy, fast way to eat grapefruit! :smile:
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've eaten grapefruit for as long as I can remember. I think my mom may have had them when I was young because of her diet attempts lol. I like to cut them in half and roast them. Amazingggggggg

Roast them... Never tried that before, sounds interesting. Do you just put them as is on the grill? do you put anything on it? I love grilled pineapple, gonna have to try this with the grapefruit too... Thanks!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MMmmmm, grapefruit! I need to buy some.
  • errinxx
    errinxx Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love grapefruit. I could easily eat multiple a day.
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You just have to love the grapefruit
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I eat it because I love the taste but also because I need more fiber in my diet.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bought a 10lb bag and the bag was gone by morning. I don't think in that quantity they are good for weight loss, but I enjoyed every bite!!!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Ruby red grapefruit is good...but Stiegl Grapefruit Radler is better. ;)

20120229-radler-post.jpg
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I kind of hate them, to be honest, but I eat them with about a teaspoon of sugar because they're a filling addition to breakfast. For awhile, half a grapefruit with a bit of sugar would be my whole breakfast and I would actually be pretty full til lunch but then I wised up and started adding in more calories. Now I only do that if I have plans for a very splurge-y dinner :D
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've had grapefruit a few times but im not a huge fan. They aren't worth the effort it takes to eat them, like pomegranates and pineapple.
  • chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I feel like I must be doing something wrong because so many people love grapefruit but every time I try it just has this terrible bitter taste. I want to love it though so I keep trying it!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've never had one. But I'm always open to new things. Maybe I'll pick one up when I go grocery shopping.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    chelsmaee7 wrote: »
    I feel like I must be doing something wrong because so many people love grapefruit but every time I try it just has this terrible bitter taste. I want to love it though so I keep trying it!

LOL Don't worry, I've tried to like Grapefruits too. It aint gonna happen for me :noway:
  • rosiegirl333
    rosiegirl333 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    love love love grapefruit! I eat a half of one most every morning. I don't do it for weight loss though. in fact i sprinkle salt over it.. :)
  • sweetbamaTLC
    sweetbamaTLC Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love pink/red grapefruits!
  • chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    chelsmaee7 wrote: »

LOL Don't worry, I've tried to like Grapefruits too. It aint gonna happen for me :noway:

Every time I try them I just can't understand how it's possible for anyone to like them lol last time I tried it was slightly better but still too bitter for me to eat more than two bites
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I like pink/red grapefruits, but white ones make me do the face babies make if you let them suck on a lemon wedge.

Maybe that's why I steer clear... I end up getting really sour ones. yuck! So the pink are sweet and the others aren't. got it :)