McDonald's weight loss

Options
Estimate calories a day I consume is 1300
Had a cheeseburger and salad at McDonald's and lost weight... also ate crisp and sweets that day... I just skipped dinner and my calories were roughly the same

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Razzaz wrote: »
    Estimate calories a day I consume is 1300
    Had a cheeseburger and salad at McDonald's and lost weight... also ate crisp and sweets that day... I just skipped dinner and my calories were roughly the same

Ya?
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Is there a question?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    And?
  • Razzaz
    Razzaz Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... when eating fruit and salad why am I gaining weight
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Moral of the story: McDonald's doesn't make you fat...YOU makes you fat.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yeah, McDonalds gives me the runs too.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    McDonald's cheeseburgers are a go-to for me when I'm having unsatisfactory bowel movements, maybe that's what did it.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

Because there's more calories in three bananas than there is in one cheese burger.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

Because you're eating more than you burn, even if you eat "healthier" foods. This just further proves that CICO is the solution to all of our weight problems.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Because you're probably usually eating over 1300 calories(esp since you said that's how much you estimate you eat.)

cheeseburger from mcdonalds = 290 calories
    side salad from mcdonalds = 20 calories
    plus whatever dressing, if any.

probably less than 500 calories for the meal.

When eating your fruits and salads, weight it all, log it properly, and don't smother with a ton of high calorie dressings.
  • Razzaz
    Options

Because there's more calories in three bananas than there is in one cheese burger.

True... rarely eat bananas for there high calorie count
  • jonathansilas1984
    jonathansilas1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed. (Wiki)
    You dont need organic couscous to lose weight , you need to consume less calories than you burn.... whatever they may be. There may be better more vitamin and nutritional correct foods, but in the end you can lose weight eating snickers and drinking Mt Dew so long as you stay under your calorie needs.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed. (Wiki)
    You dont need organic couscous to lose weight , you need to consume less calories than you burn.... whatever they may be. There may be better more vitamin and nutritional correct foods, but in the end you can lose weight eating snickers and drinking Mt Dew so long as you stay under your calorie needs.

Thanks

Yeah I understand eating less calories and burning more

Just didn't understand loosing weight on junk food same amount of calories I had been having with low calorie foods such as lettuce
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Exactly. If input>output, you get heavier. Output>input is weight loss. It might not be the best way, but if eating McD's every now and then (healthily) helps you keep to your goals, then I don't see any harm in it.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I think you and @ upgradeddiddy could have a wonderful discussion about this. Considering he has spent some time on The joys of office broscience - misguided food/nutrition advice thread talking about Mcdonalds. If you are unfamiliar head on over and check it out.
  • Razzaz
    Options

Exactly. If input>output, you get heavier. Output>input is weight loss. It might not be the best way, but if eating McD's every now and then (healthily) helps you keep to your goals, then I don't see any harm in it.

Cool beans ^_^
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ok.....

i eat out all the time and lose weight. your point?

well, i dont eat mcdonalds cause gross but whatever. LOL
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Thanks

Yeah I understand eating less calories and burning more

Just didn't understand loosing weight on junk food same amount of calories I had been having with low calorie foods such as lettuce

So you mean you didn't lose weight eating salads for ages, then you lost weight after a day of eating the same amount of calories of junk food?

Could be you were going to lose the weight anyway, and the food you ate was a coincidence. Some people find that eating food like that contributes to the 'woosh' effect (not losing weight for ages, then losing several pounds in one go).
  • Razzaz
    Options
    ok.....

i eat out all the time and lose weight. your point?

well, i dont eat mcdonalds cause gross but whatever. LOL

Fruit and salad made me gain weight. McDonald's made me loose weight. My point being this doesn't make sense