Replies

• Razzaz
    Razzaz Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Razzaz wrote: »
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    ok.....

i eat out all the time and lose weight. your point?

well, i dont eat mcdonalds cause gross but whatever. LOL

Fruit and salad made me gain weight. McDonald's made me loose weight. My point being this doesn't make sense

But it makes perfect sense. You obviously ate fewer calories at McDonald's than you did when you ate fruit and salad. Since you did, you saw weight loss. It's not rocket surgery.

That's just it I ate 1300 calories same amount as usual just junk food and lost weight.
    Again, for how many days have you been on your McDonald's lunch skip dinner diet?

It was once it happened but been unable to loose weight until I ate junk food for a day
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ok.....

Fruit and salad made me gain weight. McDonald's made me loose weight. My point being this doesn't make sense

But it makes perfect sense. You obviously ate fewer calories at McDonald's than you did when you ate fruit and salad. Since you did, you saw weight loss. It's not rocket surgery.

That's just it I ate 1300 calories same amount as usual just junk food and lost weight.
    Again, for how many days have you been on your McDonald's lunch skip dinner diet?

It was once it happened but been unable to loose weight until I ate junk food for a day

So from ONE DAY and a little change on the scale you've decided that 1300 calories of junk is better for weight loss than 1300 calories of food. ok.
    I'd say it's more likely coincidence, or the day after ovulation, or the day after your period or some other water retention phenomenon, but good luck to you.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    ok.....

Depending on how the salad is made, a salad can easily have more calories than a cheeseburger. If you aren't correctly logging what is in the salad, you may be eating more than you think.

In a salad is lettuce tomatoes cucumber pepper spring onion beetroot wow that's more calories than a cheeseburger... don't know any low calorie foods anymore

Of course it can be more calories than a cheeseburger, depending on how much salad you eat. Anything can be more calories than anything if there's enough of it. Were you weighing everything in your salads?

No I wasn't weighing my salad
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    The only food worth eating at McD's are the hash browns. at 147 calories per, I could eat 10 a day and still lose.

10 seems a bit excessive, though. I'm not above having 2 with an unsweetened iced tea for breakfast, though. Nom nom nom.

And, OP, I'm not understanding your confusion. Weight loss is based on a simple balance of how much fuel you take in and how much fuel your body uses. If weight loss is the only thing you are looking at, then your body DGAF about bananas vs cheeseburgers. Now, you probably get some micronutrients (like vitamins) more effectively from your fruit and salad, and some macronutrients (fat and protein in particular) more effectively from a cheeseburger, but that's another level to consider past weight loss.

Frankly, a cheeseburger and a salad with minimal dressing is probably your best bet both calorically and nutritionally, plus you are more likely to stay full longer with that meal.

Unless you want ALL THE HASHBROWNS. Which is still what I'd pick. I swear, it's a good thing they don't sell those babies after 10am, I'd weigh 500 pounds.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    ok.....

Depending on how the salad is made, a salad can easily have more calories than a cheeseburger. If you aren't correctly logging what is in the salad, you may be eating more than you think.

In a salad is lettuce tomatoes cucumber pepper spring onion beetroot wow that's more calories than a cheeseburger... don't know any low calorie foods anymore

Of course it can be more calories than a cheeseburger, depending on how much salad you eat. Anything can be more calories than anything if there's enough of it. Were you weighing everything in your salads?

Then you don't know how many calories it really was. What counts for weight loss is calories, not what you eat.

That said one day of a calorie deficit (your one day of junk food) won't really make you lose weight, so that was most likely a coincidence.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    ok.....

I just took a peek at your profile. As a 27yr old with 58lbs to lose to goal....there is no way you'd gain weight on 1300 calories without either being way off on calorie estimates and/or gaining water weight from starting a new exercise plan.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    The only food worth eating at McD's are the hash browns. at 147 calories per, I could eat 10 a day and still lose.

10 seems a bit excessive, though. I'm not above having 2 with an unsweetened iced tea for breakfast, though. Nom nom nom.

And, OP, I'm not understanding your confusion. Weight loss is based on a simple balance of how much fuel you take in and how much fuel your body uses. If weight loss is the only thing you are looking at, then your body DGAF about bananas vs cheeseburgers. Now, you probably get some micronutrients (like vitamins) more effectively from your fruit and salad, and some macronutrients (fat and protein in particular) more effectively from a cheeseburger, but that's another level to consider past weight loss.

Frankly, a cheeseburger and a salad with minimal dressing is probably your best bet both calorically and nutritionally, plus you are more likely to stay full longer with that meal.

Unless you want ALL THE HASHBROWNS. Which is still what I'd pick. I swear, it's a good thing they don't sell those babies after 10am, I'd weigh 500 pounds.

Ok thanks
  • Razzaz
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    ok.....

I just took a peek at your profile. As a 27yr old with 58lbs to lose to goal....there is no way you'd gain weight on 1300 calories without either being way off on calorie estimates and/or gaining water weight from starting a new exercise plan.

Ok
  • Razzaz
    Options
    ok.....

Then you don't know how many calories it really was. What counts for weight loss is calories, not what you eat.

That said one day of a calorie deficit (your one day of junk food) won't really make you lose weight, so that was most likely a coincidence.

Thanks
  • Razzaz
    Options
    ok.....

So from ONE DAY and a little change on the scale you've decided that 1300 calories of junk is better for weight loss than 1300 calories of food. ok.
    I'd say it's more likely coincidence, or the day after ovulation, or the day after your period or some other water retention phenomenon, but good luck to you.

Thanks
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    I think you and @ upgradeddiddy could have a wonderful discussion about this. Considering he has spent some time on The joys of office broscience - misguided food/nutrition advice thread talking about Mcdonalds. If you are unfamiliar head on over and check it out.

Nope not touching this one...

xurem6g5vm6f.jpg

• Razzaz
    Options
    ok.....

NO. The DRESSING is high calorie. If you only eat the vegetables that TINY salad is like 50 calories.

Oh wow
  • Razzaz
    Options
    While weight loss is about a calorie deficit i would still recommend eating fruits and veggies over a greasy, saw dust, chemical filled "meat" substitute any day. Sure you might lose weight on junk food but that does NOT mean it is good for you or your body in any way.

You say McDonald's made you loose weight and fruit and salad made you gain but without weighing the fruit and veggies you don't know how many calories you're actually consuming.

True. Thanks
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    ok.....

Weight loss is not an easy to figure out straight line directly correlated to our last meal. Your body will have some pretty massive fluxuations unrelated to your calorie intake. I consume a pretty healthy diet with a consistent deficit and I often go a week or more without no or little loss and then BAM I can be down 6 lbs. The sudden loss is probably unrelated to my last meal...more just water weight levels changing to show the fat loss. If I go down slowly over time I don't care much about keeping away from occasionally eating "junk". I do feel better eating "healthy" and more satisfied on a daily basis with the quantity of food I can fit in.

As a side note, you should weigh everything. It is the only way to track what you are actually consuming.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    TX_Rhon wrote: »
    Why are you only eating 1300 cals if you have 50+ lbs to lose? I'm guessing you set your lose to 2lbs per week. Try 1 lbs -yes its slower but slow and steady works better than feeling hungry. Eating 1300 cals and skipping meals would make me hangry! I feel everyone needs to do what works for them. However, eating McDs isn't very nutritious. Good luck.

Because of pcos I don't need so many calories. I'm not saying I'm going to always eat junk food just confused how I lost weight that way opposed to eating salad mostly and a bit of fruit here and there
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I lost 80lbs eating McDonalds 5 times per week...just sayin'.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I lost 80lbs eating McDonalds 5 times per week...just sayin'.

Awesome ^_^
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    ok.....

NO. The DRESSING is high calorie. If you only eat the vegetables that TINY salad is like 50 calories.

Or if it has a bunch of cheese or bacon or whatever in it.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    ok.....

Weight loss is not an easy to figure out straight line directly correlated to our last meal. Your body will have some pretty massive fluxuations unrelated to your calorie intake. I consume a pretty healthy diet with a consistent deficit and I often go a week or more without no or little loss and then BAM I can be down 6 lbs. The sudden loss is probably unrelated to my last meal...more just water weight levels changing to show the fat loss. If I go down slowly over time I don't care much about keeping away from occasionally eating "junk". I do feel better eating "healthy" and more satisfied on a daily basis with the quantity of food I can fit in.

As a side note, you should weigh everything. It is the only way to track what you are actually consuming.

Thanks. Yeah that makes sense.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ok.....

Poor sick rockets