McDonald's weight loss

Options

Replies

• Razzaz
    Razzaz Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Razzaz wrote: »
    The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed. (Wiki)
    You dont need organic couscous to lose weight , you need to consume less calories than you burn.... whatever they may be. There may be better more vitamin and nutritional correct foods, but in the end you can lose weight eating snickers and drinking Mt Dew so long as you stay under your calorie needs.

Thanks

Yeah I understand eating less calories and burning more

Just didn't understand loosing weight on junk food same amount of calories I had been having with low calorie foods such as lettuce

So you mean you didn't lose weight eating salads for ages, then you lost weight after a day of eating the same amount of calories of junk food?

Could be you were going to lose the weight anyway, and the food you ate was a coincidence. Some people find that eating food like that contributes to the 'woosh' effect (not losing weight for ages, then losing several pounds in one go).

Awesome the whoosh effect was awesome either way. Thanks
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    ok.....

i eat out all the time and lose weight. your point?

well, i dont eat mcdonalds cause gross but whatever. LOL

Fruit and salad made me gain weight. McDonald's made me loose weight. My point being this doesn't make sense

But it makes perfect sense. You obviously ate fewer calories at McDonald's than you did when you ate fruit and salad. Since you did, you saw weight loss. It's not rocket surgery.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised you were full on a Mcdonalds Cheeseburger and Salad! Lol
    I normally have to eat a quarterpounder, fillet of fish and Medium fries to feel somewhat full.
    But if you can get away with that, good for you!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Estimate calories a day I consume is 1300
    Had a cheeseburger and salad at McDonald's and lost weight... also ate crisp and sweets that day... I just skipped dinner and my calories were roughly the same

Okay. Is this the plan for every day? or just letting us know you went to McDonalds. Bummer that you had to skip dinner.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ok.....

Fruit and salad made me gain weight. McDonald's made me loose weight. My point being this doesn't make sense

It makes total sense. CICO.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    ok.....

But it makes perfect sense. You obviously ate fewer calories at McDonald's than you did when you ate fruit and salad. Since you did, you saw weight loss. It's not rocket surgery.

Her point was she was eating the same amount of calories with both, so it doesn't make sense that what she eats should change whether she gains or loses weight.

Whether or not she was accurately calculating the calories in her salads is another matter, but since she believes she was, that's where the confusion's coming from.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    ok.....

Are you basing this "conclusion" on ONE DAY at McDonalds?
  • Razzaz
    Options
    ok.....

That's just it I ate 1300 calories same amount as usual just junk food and lost weight.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    I'm surprised you were full on a Mcdonalds Cheeseburger and Salad! Lol
    I normally have to eat a quarterpounder, fillet of fish and Medium fries to feel somewhat full.
    But if you can get away with that, good for you!

Thanks
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... when eating fruit and salad why am I gaining weight

Because you're eating more than you burn, even if you eat "healthier" foods. This just further proves that CICO is the solution to all of our weight problems.

Nothing wrong with eating fast food occasionally, I 100% agree with the above post. I don't weigh my food, I exercise nearly every day and lost 44 lbs. in 120 days. Right now I'm closing in on my goal weight of 218 lbs. and should hit that by July 1st.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    ok.....

Depending on how the salad is made, a salad can easily have more calories than a cheeseburger. If you aren't correctly logging what is in the salad, you may be eating more than you think.
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    STOP DIETING. YOU ARE LOSING MUSCLE INA MAJOR WAY. THE CALORIC HYPOTHESIS HAS NO PREDICTIVE POWER. IT IS NOT AN ACCURATE VIEW.

Oh God she's back.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I was eating McDonalds 3-4 days a week every week while at college because I had money to blow and I loved the taste, over the course of a year and a bit I dropped from over 17 stone to under 14.

Now I've switched to much more filling things I'm much happier, I feel better, more energetic etc.

It's possible to lose weight eating a lot of junk food, I much prefer not.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    ok.....

That's just it I ate 1300 calories same amount as usual just junk food and lost weight.
    Again, for how many days have you been on your McDonald's lunch skip dinner diet?
  • Razzaz
    Options
    ok.....

Depending on how the salad is made, a salad can easily have more calories than a cheeseburger. If you aren't correctly logging what is in the salad, you may be eating more than you think.

In a salad is lettuce tomatoes cucumber pepper spring onion beetroot wow that's more calories than a cheeseburger... don't know any low calorie foods anymore
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    ok.....

In a salad is lettuce tomatoes cucumber pepper spring onion beetroot wow that's more calories than a cheeseburger... don't know any low calorie foods anymore

Of course it can be more calories than a cheeseburger, depending on how much salad you eat. Anything can be more calories than anything if there's enough of it. Were you weighing everything in your salads?
  • JessNelson_
    JessNelson_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    While weight loss is about a calorie deficit i would still recommend eating fruits and veggies over a greasy, saw dust, chemical filled "meat" substitute any day. Sure you might lose weight on junk food but that does NOT mean it is good for you or your body in any way.

You say McDonald's made you loose weight and fruit and salad made you gain but without weighing the fruit and veggies you don't know how many calories you're actually consuming.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Why are you only eating 1300 cals if you have 50+ lbs to lose? I'm guessing you set your lose to 2lbs per week. Try 1 lbs -yes its slower but slow and steady works better than feeling hungry. Eating 1300 cals and skipping meals would make me hangry! I feel everyone needs to do what works for them. However, eating McDs isn't very nutritious. Good luck.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    STOP DIETING. YOU ARE LOSING MUSCLE INA MAJOR WAY. THE CALORIC HYPOTHESIS HAS NO PREDICTIVE POWER. IT IS NOT AN ACCURATE VIEW.
    alyhuggan wrote: »
    I was eating McDonalds 3-4 days a week every week while at college because I had money to blow and I loved the taste, over the course of a year and a bit I dropped from over 17 stone to under 14.

Now I've switched to much more filling things I'm much happier, I feel better, more energetic etc.

It's possible to lose weight eating a lot of junk food, I much prefer not.

Oh wow so it really can happen
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ok.....

NO. The DRESSING is high calorie. If you only eat the vegetables that TINY salad is like 50 calories.