• Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I confess my mind has been slipping into the gutter lately

Im sorry..Im a bad influence :D
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess my mind has been slipping into the gutter lately

Welcome!

I guess a little bit of corruption isnt a bad thing lol.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have a thing for Louis CK.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    relynne wrote: »
    I confess that I have a thing for Louis CK.

Suck a bag of dicks

But maaaaayyybbbeeeee....

One of the funniest things I have ever heard

Right? I love him.
  • whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I confess to being a feeder. I cook entire meals and huge desserts with no intention of eating much. Then I force my loved ones to eat until they are stuffed.

This is how I got the nickname "Grandma" even though I'm 24.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I confess I have only been at work for an hour and I already want to punch a co worker.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I confess I have only been at work for an hour and I already want to punch a co worker.

I can take 'em out for ya!

I confess I overdid it on the punching bag and bruised my knuckle this morning.
    pl3ap1loz4cj.jpg
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    always wear protection ladies ... the nads are delicate instruments
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    ^^ Fact
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of hair, and when I could have had more I never liked keeping it around because I felt like it made me feel hot. So, I've never paid a lot of attention to shampoo. What is good? What is bad? It makes very little difference to me. My wife is in charge of buying shampoo for each household member (she has long hair). When my head-and-shoulders or suave for men runs out I will sometimes use the shampoo from her expensive bottle. It's gold and shiny looking, and it smells nice. But, when she confronts me about it I vigorously deny that I've used it.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ouch!! Were you wearing gloves? I hurt my hand on my bag about 2 months ago and it's still not right.

Just regular gloves, my gym doesn't have any boxing ones :/

Be careful.....if you are bruising your pinky when punching, you are punching incorrectly. The first 2 knuckles of the index and middle finger are what's supposed to be absorbing the shock.
    I punch correctly with my right and I forget about my left when I'm in the moment. It's my weakness. I'll do kicking instead of punching for the rest of the week to give it time to heal.

I confess I've given myself the nickname Little Fist of Fury.

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

May I suggest the open palm or palm strike.

b3zr76b9g4e6.png
    5sgcpmg8b5bd.jpg

It is almost always better to palm strike for a few reasons:
    1. First it protects your hand. The physiology of the hand is such that the there are a few dozen bones in the hand –small and delicate as well as the wrist.
      It is sorta an unspoken idea that people who perform kick / punch systems know—if you go to a bathroom wall, a tree or other unyielding surface you can unload pretty hard with your palm but not with your fist. Most boxers and kickboxers won’t even hit a heavy (canvas) bag without boxing gloves on.

2. Secondly if you can’t grab with a closed fist. If you can’t grab your ability to perform standing grappling is really hindered.
      Things like grip negotiation (if you are grabbed) and hand retention (getting your hand back) are significantly easier if your have a open hand.

3. Weapon defense is hindered with a closed fist. In addition if you get into a scrap and the guy turns to be armed and you are working with a closed fist your ability to deal the weapon/ find a shield or other appropriate strategies are really dampened with a closed fist.
    4. Your intentions are more telegraphed with a closed fist than an open hand: When you close your fist people know you want to punch them. However with an open palm you can mask your intentions with a palm strike. For instance you can hold your hands up and pretend to say “don’t hurt me” “I don’t want to fight” and than explode into a palm strike because your open “surrender” hands are already in palm strike position.
    5. Faster time to delivery: We are talking less than a second but micro seconds count in a hand exchange and you moving your hand from open to closed fist costs you time. Maybe it won’t matter and maybe it will—hard to say but it does cost a small amount of time.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Ouch!! Were you wearing gloves? I hurt my hand on my bag about 2 months ago and it's still not right.

Be careful.....if you are bruising your pinky when punching, you are punching incorrectly. The first 2 knuckles of the index and middle finger are what's supposed to be absorbing the shock.
    I punch correctly with my right and I forget about my left when I'm in the moment. It's my weakness. I'll do kicking instead of punching for the rest of the week to give it time to heal.

I bought these for my bag at home. I love them! Got them from Dicks before I boycotted them.
    ak9p4ncoojl2.jpg
  • SoulRadiation
    Options

pl3ap1loz4cj.jpg

Great job! But...could be time for some new gloves and/or wrist wrap? You could break your hand or wrist hitting the punching bag. Unfortunately, the gloves don't last forever and they can wear out like shoes.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I bought these for my bag at home. I love them! Got them from Dicks before I boycotted them.
    ak9p4ncoojl2.jpg

Why boycott Dicks ?

..... be careful in your answer
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

ak9p4ncoojl2.jpg

Why boycott Dicks ?

I should have specified, it was the sporting goods store that I boycotted.

Do you still want me to answer why?
  • SoulRadiation
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ak9p4ncoojl2.jpg

I wear something like these "under" a pair of boxing gloves.

I've tried to figure out how to do the traditional wrist wraps correctly...but so far when I've tried it I felt like the quick-gel wraps were more supportive of my wrists anyways. That's probably because I suck at it and have no idea what I'm doing except for a youtube tutorial...but for hitting the bag in the garage so you can break a sweat they seem like a reasonably good option.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

ak9p4ncoojl2.jpg

Why boycott Dicks ?

I should have specified, it was the sporting goods store that I boycotted.

Do you still want me to answer why?

Seriously (for a change)..... yeah, why?
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    ak9p4ncoojl2.jpg

I wear something like these "under" a pair of boxing gloves.

I've tried to figure out how to do the traditional wrist wraps correctly...but so far when I've tried it I felt like the quick-gel wraps were more supportive of my wrists anyways. That's probably because I suck at it and have no idea what I'm doing except for a youtube tutorial...but for hitting the bag in the garage so you can break a sweat they seem like a reasonably good option.

I've watched a few tutorials on YouTube. I wanted to do the wraps too, but figured out that I wouldn't be able to do them correctly by myself. I do like the ones I have. My fingers are free and my wrists are secured. I'm still not very strong so the power behind my punches isn't quite there yet.