True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    in certain parts of austin, you could be arrested for that.

As far as I know...the sheriff in my parts only investigates murders.

Where I live, the sheriff will turn a blind eye to anything if there's enough money at stake

I just don't think there are many sheriff personnel. The couple I know are straight arrows...very nice guys. You'd be happy if you called them for help. They just have a limited projection of force. NC State Troopers are also awesome. They'll stop and help people change tires. Get them going.

I've had very limited/no interaction with Raleigh city PD. Don't know anything bad about them, though. The guy who gave me a speeding ticket one time was very personable and polite.

I'm very happy to live where I do. I wouldn't want to live in a area without rule of law or where corruption is rampant.
  • SoulRadiation
    Options
    I love the RTP area, would love to live there one day. So beautiful.

I was just joking about my sherif, he's a god fearing good ole boy. Straight and narrow.

It's a lovely area. If you ever make it out this way, hit me up and we can go walk around a lake or fitbit time throwing a medicine ball (lol).

Seriously, though...there is a lot to recommend this area in my opinion. You have a reasonable access to the beach...you can get to the mountains...there are greenways and parks and trails to get out and enjoy...people are generally nice...not that many natural disasters (hurricanes do happen, and that can be extremely bad...not as many tornadoes, but they also happen).

There is a lot of good work here...financial jobs around Charlotte (BOA and many others), there is biotech in RTP...not to mention many tech jobs (IBM and many others)...it's a good area in my view.

What I like the most...is that it is all so green. There's hills and green everywhere...I didn't really appreciate this until visiting a larger city such as Philly or Chicago where...everywhere you look...it's concrete.

I would live here for the color alone.

I don't think I would last in a city.

• SoulRadiation
    Options
    I couldn't even tolerate the pace of a city. Philly and Chicago are literal cesspools. Filthy. My husband works quite often at Duke and I tag along as often as my schedule permits. You are spot on about the hills and the green. I'll take that over concrete any day of the week.

So...everybody in Philly talks about how awesome their water is. They have the best ever water...it's treated great. This is why their bread tastes excellent (they do have really good bread...hoagies/pretzels/etc...).

I chatted up my sister-in-law's step-father (whatever you call him...father of sister/spouse/whatever)

He works for the city. For the water area. His explanation for the unique water taste is the rats and dead bodies!

LOL

OK...so, that made me want to never again visit Philly. But, it is the city of love. It also hosts a wonderful museum of art and features many Van Goghs and Renoirs.

And the pretzels...Jesus Christ. Made-out-of-dead-bodies-or-not...they are good.
  • SoulRadiation
    Options
    Rita's is breaking out! It's in my area now.

That **** is gold.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess, after hearing *again* from my mother that my family is excited to see me because they've heard about my weight loss and that they are proud of me... I am incredibly nervous about showing up and still being fat and disappointing them. 70 pounds lost is a lot, and it's awesome... I know that. But I can't help but feel like they'll see all the work still left to do and not all the work already done.
    Just stand up straight with your shoulders back and a smile on your face and they will compliment you. Have higher expectations for people that love you.

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm bummed I won't be able to go to gym tomorrow because I have too much going on.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I am having some major ovarian cyst pain today, so much I broke down and took one of my prescription pain pills that I keep around for days like today. I usually gut through the pain but I can't tonight. I even cut the pill in half because they *kitten* with me so bad.

So my actual confession is: idk how my posts will go tonight. They may get quite goofy or very personal. I could just pass out too.Time will tell.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I am having some major ovarian cyst pain today, so much I broke down and took one of my prescription pain pills that I keep around for days like today. I usually gut through the pain but I can't tonight. I even cut the pill in half because they *kitten* with me so bad.

So my actual confession is: idk how my posts will go tonight. They may get quite goofy or very personal. I could just pass out too.Time will tell.

I hope the pain goes away you warrior woman you

Thanks.. The methadone is kicking in, don't be mad at me if I forget those sweet words in the morning.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear you're in pain Aly..hope you are feeling better soon.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

I hope the pain goes away soon ❤
  • Miss_Hattie
    Miss_Hattie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I posted a personal running goal that I hit tonight on my own wall. I'm sad that there's one person that won't see it because she's not on here anymore. She kept me going with her daily runs and her goal to run a half marathon and was the most encouraging to me when I still didn't know if I even wanted to run or not. I wonder if she pops in from time to time. If she does, I wish she'd just say hi and let me know.

I am sorry you are missing your friend. I hope she pops in again soon. Do you happen to be a bowler? I'm head coach of a local high school team here. I personally coach the girls but am head coach over all our teams.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I asked my wife and our best friends last night: What's the worst relationship hit? To pay for sex or to have an affair? It was lighthearted at the time but I also didn't get an answer. This should be a gender-neutral question but maybe it isn't...
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    I asked my wife and our best friends last night: What's the worst relationship hit? To pay for sex or to have an affair? It was lighthearted at the time but I also didn't get an answer. This should be a gender-neutral question but maybe it isn't...

You didn't get, an answer because the question itself, was inappropriate regardless of gender especially via someone that; isn't single themselves & also if, asked among people that; aren't either! They possibly wonder why, you thought to; ask such a thing. Your wife might now fear that, you're considering having an; affair with someone & both're cheating so, the consequences're the; same.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Need to work on my cardio! I was sucking wind last night
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I confess my mind has been slipping into the gutter lately
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I confess my mind has been slipping into the gutter lately