Options

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ... "All men should have mandatory vasectomies"....

wait. that's a thing? Why do all men need vasectomies? can't they hand those out to women? where's the line- sign me up!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsxnezDOPHw

Also, you will need a license to breed.

She actually encourages both but she says it's "less invasive" for men than women.

Ah if only her own parents had taken themselves out of the gene pool. What a world it would be.

yd1dticgmfy5.jpg

~Lyssa
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    B_TEEN wrote: »
    faduma123 wrote: »
    What are you guys thoughts about this all? Itried to sum things up.

HCLF plant-based diet...I agree!

Fruit mono-meals...nothing wrong with that!

Eating primarily raw with 1-2 cooked meals per day....nothing unhealthy with that choice!

Following FTBG caloric plan...probably not for everyone or even most. There are well-respected doctors who promote healthy HCLF plant-based diets with upwards of 2-3 decades of results (Ornish, Campbell, Esselstyn). These plans allow for unlimited eating, mostly, but to the extent you reach satiation; you don't eat 5,000 calories for the sake of.

Unlimited eating? Are you saying a person can eat above maintenance and not gain? It reads like you are. Also, are you advocating having fruit only meals once in a while, or a diet of just fruit?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Freelee is an idiot. A straight out, genuine idiot.

I mean she is so skinny

so skinny = intelligence????

she eats in a calorie deficit; hence, she is skinny.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Eating primarily raw with 1-2 cooked meals per day....nothing unhealthy with that choice!

Following FTBG caloric plan...probably not for everyone or even most. There are well-respected doctors who promote healthy HCLF plant-based diets with upwards of 2-3 decades of results (Ornish, Campbell, Esselstyn). These plans allow for unlimited eating, mostly, but to the extent you reach satiation; you don't eat 5,000 calories for the sake of.

You can't be serious.
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

Unlimited eating? Are you saying a person can eat above maintenance and not gain? It reads like you are.

Poor diction? Ok, let me rephrase. The aforementioned plans are based on a HCLF whole-foods, plant-based diet are not calorie restrictive. While there are subtle differences in execution, whole-foods can be eaten in abundance until satiated. Fruits, vegetables and legumes, while nutrient-dense are generally low calorie foods on a volume basis. Large quantities of nutrient-dense, low calorie food are required to accumulate calories and (in time) most people will feel full before they are able to "over-eat" on this food (unless they choose to gouge).
    Also, are you advocating having fruit only meals once in a while, or a diet of just fruit?

No, my earlier post did not make reference to advocating a fruitarian diet. I'm not sure what would be wrong in having a meal of fruit (occasionally or daily). Why would this be anymore controversial than someone eating meats with every meal or eating a vegetable mono-meal (e.g., a salad)?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I wasn't familiar with this chick, so I went to YouTube. I lasted 3:41 before I broke out in laughter and switched to cute puppy videos instead.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Her crack head boyfriend is even more of a fruit loop :confounded:
  • faduma123
    faduma123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I mean she is so skinny

so skinny = intelligence????

she eats in a calorie deficit; hence, she is skinny.

Gosh that's not what I said . But ok
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't think that she's a complete idiot, but I do agree that she is misguided and certainly promotes some stupid ideas. I agree that a mostly plant-based diet is what best promotes health in people. However, I don't think that people need to exclusively eat plants. Dairy, eggs, and meat are healthy in moderation. I just think that they need to be treated as a sis dish rather than the main part of a meal, and they don't all need to be eaten every day.

Honestly, I think her point of eating as much fruit as you want without getting fat has a small morsel of truth at its root. It is much easier to eat 1000 calories of hamburger than it is to eat 1000 calories of watermelon and strawberries. Most people can stuff themselves with raw fruits and veggies without going over their daily calorie allotment. Furthermore, as she does so much exercise, it is entirely possible that SHE can eat as much fruit and veggies as she wants without gaining. She may be extrapolating her unique experience to apply it to everyone else. I think she has good intentions at heart. She just doesn't go about carrying them through in the right way.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    jwdr.gif
  • RGv2
    Options
    Poor diction? Ok, let me rephrase. The aforementioned plans are based on a HCLF whole-foods, plant-based diet are not calorie restrictive. While there are subtle differences in execution, whole-foods can be eaten in abundance until satiated. Fruits, vegetables and legumes, while nutrient-dense are generally low calorie foods on a volume basis. Large quantities of nutrient-dense, low calorie food are required to accumulate calories and (in time) most people will feel full before they are able to "over-eat" on this food (unless they choose to gouge).

Then why bring up 5000 calories in the first place, as for many, that would be well over maintenance.
    No, my earlier post did not make reference to advocating a fruitarian diet. I'm not sure what would be wrong in having a meal of fruit (occasionally or daily). Why would this be anymore controversial than someone eating meats with every meal or eating a vegetable mono-meal (e.g., a salad)?

Did anyone say there was anything wrong? If they did, I missed it. That's why it didn't make sense to even bring it up. Freelee advocated (not sure if she still does) a fruitarian diet. That's much of where the discussion was surrounding, among some other craziness of hers.

• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Generally if there is an attractive girl promoting an alternative lifestyle on YouTube... It's probably *kitten*.

For the record, I gained weight eating only a whole-food diet. To this day I am much more likely to overeat fruit than anything else. Watermelon goes down easy and I have to stop myself every time. Carrots, bananas, melons-I can easily eat my allowance on these foods alone. For many people, it's just about overeating-it doesn't matter the food
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Then why bring up 5000 calories in the first place, as for many, that would be well over maintenance.

Did anyone say there was anything wrong? If they did, I missed it. That's why it didn't make sense to even bring it up. Freelee advocated (not sure if she still does) a fruitarian diet. That's much of where the discussion was surrounding, among some other craziness of hers.

I think there's been some miscommunication so let me clear that up for you.

Firstly, you are uninformed. She does not promote a fruititarian lifestyle NOR does she promote a raw-food lifestyle anymore. At all. This has changed since both herself and D.R. Read the "starch solution" by Dr. McDougal on how starchy vegetables have been the staple in many diets throughout history, are nutritious and satiating, and are easily digested in most people.

Her lifestyle is the "RAW TIL 4" lifestyle. Let me explain that to you as well.
    10636079_759228974144390_1885612402173897131_n.png

She advocates eating RAW fruits and vegetables until 4PM, and one cooked meal for dinner consisting of starches. So "raw til 4" as in, you eat raw food all day and then have a cooked HIGH CARB, LOW FAT, VEGAN meal for dinner. Her entire meal plan is based on the 80c/10p/10f macro ratio.

So what sets her apart from many many doctors who've actually performed research on this lifestyle (high volume, naturally low in calories) is that she DOESN'T advocate "listening to your body" and stopping eating after you reach satiety. She encourages you to "smash in the calories/carbs" until you reach her "minimum amount" she thinks you need to eat. Sometimes they are encouraging people to eat 4,000+ a day because you "cant get fat off fruit". OBVIOUSLY this is above maintenance for someone who is not as active as she is and people CAN get fat from eating too many calories.

The physicians who have studied this lifestyle find it very effective for patients who are morbidly obese because they are getting sufficient vitamins and minerals in their diet, and they don't have to worry TOO much about calorie counting. It's simple for someone to just say "okay, eat fruits and veggies and that doesn't include a ton of added oils/butter/sodium". Many people see great results from eating this way because it takes the guess work out of eating for them. HOWEVER. Here's where they differ dramatically. These doctor's advocate that people STOP EATING as soon as they reach a fullness level of about 80%. They also recommend that people NEVER juice or make smoothies because it is very easy to pack in a TON of calories (and drink it) than it would be to sit down and eat all said veggies/fruits. They say that because of that, people may unknowingly be consuming too many calories and undo their deficit.

Freelee says famously "SMASH IN THE CARBS! CALORIES DONT MATTER!" and "HOLD UP while i make this 1,400 calorie (literally) smoothie for breakfast!"

So the poster was saying, they dont advocate just eating that many calories for the sake of eating that many calories as Freelee does and they don't see anything wrong with HCLF Vegan lifestyle.

hope this helps!

Oh yeah, one more thing: Some girls are developing binge eating disorder from this lifestyle and suffer greatly when switching back to another eating style because they get used to the sickening volume that is rawtil4.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Her crack head boyfriend is even more of a fruit loop :confounded:

LOL
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options

So the poster was saying, they dont advocate just eating that many calories for the sake of eating that many calories as Freelee does and they don't see anything wrong with HCLF Vegan lifestyle.

hope this helps!

****APPLAUD*****

THANK YOU!!!

:)
  • RGv2
    edited August 2015
    Options

I think there's been some miscommunication so let me clear that up for you.

Firstly, you are uninformed. She does not promote a fruititarian lifestyle NOR does she promote a raw-food lifestyle anymore. At all. This has changed since both herself and D.R. Read the "starch solution" by Dr. McDougal on how starchy vegetables have been the staple in many diets throughout history, are nutritious and satiating, and are easily digested in most people.

Her lifestyle is the "RAW TIL 4" lifestyle. Let me explain that to you as well.
    10636079_759228974144390_1885612402173897131_n.png

She advocates eating RAW fruits and vegetables until 4PM, and one cooked meal for dinner consisting of starches. So "raw til 4" as in, you eat raw food all day and then have a cooked HIGH CARB, LOW FAT, VEGAN meal for dinner. Her entire meal plan is based on the 80c/10p/10f macro ratio.

So what sets her apart from many many doctors who've actually performed research on this lifestyle (high volume, naturally low in calories) is that she DOESN'T advocate "listening to your body" and stopping eating after you reach satiety. She encourages you to "smash in the calories/carbs" until you reach her "minimum amount" she thinks you need to eat. Sometimes they are encouraging people to eat 4,000+ a day because you "cant get fat off fruit". OBVIOUSLY this is above maintenance for someone who is not as active as she is and people CAN get fat from eating too many calories.

The physicians who have studied this lifestyle find it very effective for patients who are morbidly obese because they are getting sufficient vitamins and minerals in their diet, and they don't have to worry TOO much about calorie counting. It's simple for someone to just say "okay, eat fruits and veggies and that doesn't include a ton of added oils/butter/sodium". Many people see great results from eating this way because it takes the guess work out of eating for them. HOWEVER. Here's where they differ dramatically. These doctor's advocate that people STOP EATING as soon as they reach a fullness level of about 80%. They also recommend that people NEVER juice or make smoothies because it is very easy to pack in a TON of calories (and drink it) than it would be to sit down and eat all said veggies/fruits. They say that because of that, people may unknowingly be consuming too many calories and undo their deficit.

Freelee says famously "SMASH IN THE CARBS! CALORIES DONT MATTER!" and "HOLD UP while i make this 1,400 calorie (literally) smoothie for breakfast!"

hope this helps!

Oh yeah, one more thing: Some girls are developing binge eating disorder from this lifestyle and suffer greatly when switching back to another eating style because they get used to the sickening volume that is rawtil4.

I'll take being "uninformed" about Freelee then. That means that I'm paying little to no attention to her.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Weird lady on that video... wow...
    So lets sterilize the human race so all the animals/ plants can live.
    Wouldn't this lead to the extinction of the human race.

And only grow food to feed vegans... not to raise animals.
    Her thinking is messed up... I think her parents should not of bred.
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    In general, it's probably best to not follow an eating plan that uses magic interchangeably with thermodynamics.