LadyDiLikesPie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 1st Jan: 231lbs
    Goal weight: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 225 lbs
    Week weight loss: 0lbs
    Total weight lost:6lbs
    This week's successes: Exercised every day whilst off work
    This week's challenges: Trying not to get despondent about no weight loss, despite exercising every day and food counting. Was disciplined, within calorie limit and should have lost weight. I'm physically stronger so hoping it's muscle development and just a blip. Anyone encountered and/or overcome similar?

Yes, this is so discouraging when you work so hard and the scale does not go down. For me, this is a good time to think about non-scale successes. Like your daily exercise and feeling stronger.
  • c_spitfire
    c_spitfire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Week 3:
    Current weight: 100.8kg - Jan 22th
    Total challenge weight lost: 1.2 kg
    This week's successes: 10,000 steps 5/7 times, jogged 3x, completed food diary every day.
    This week's challenges: Ugh- white carbs. I need to find a low carb option for nights that I want to have a break.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

Week 3

Starting weight: 226.4
    Goal weight: 175

Last week weight: 222.9
    This week weight: 222.9 double and triple checked.

This week's loss 0
    Total weight lost: 3.5

This week's successes: No weight gain is a success as this has been a tough week. But no escuses; I could have done more. I did join the Amazing Race group challenge. I am hoping this will help me keep focused.

This week's challenges: I am on a cruise starting Thursday and returning Monday. I expect to see temporary increse due ot sodium, but I do not usually gain weight on a cruise as we stay very active.
  • Toxtethogrady
    Toxtethogrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    lizzymcg wrote: »
    Starting weight 1st Jan: 231lbs

I have found that when I limit my calories too much (1200-1300) or start with strenuous exercise, the scale is much slower to move. Are you measuring as well? That may help you track non scale progress.

As in you reckon body goes into starvation mode and stores the weight? Makes sense. Calories have been bang on my allowance so I presume it's the exercise. Back at work now so will stick to the standard 3 times a week in the gym. Was going to measure myself every 4-6 weeks, and will leave it to this weekend to check