Barbara's 30 Day Challenge For April

Options
hissweetpea1
hissweetpea1 Posts: 9 Member
I am issuing myself a challenge for the month of April. If you would like to join me then keep reading.

I have lost 60 pounds before with watching what I eat and exercise and a whole lot of determination.
I know that I can do this but lately I just can't grasp my "want to".

I love life and I love food. I love the taste of food, the smell, the whole experience. However, God put food on this earth to sustain us and not to make a lifelong party out of food. So I am trying to look at food as my fuel for energy so that I can better love my life. I am finally living a life that I love with a man that I love and I don't want to cut that short because of a doughnut or three.

We may stumble on this path that we are taking but we do not have to fall. If you have a rough day and you stumble, gather yourself and keep moving forward. DO NOT QUIT! A stumble is not a reason to give up.

I am going to have to start preparing in advance, getting food prepped for the week and making healthy meals. Thankfully, my husband is an awesome cook and loves to cook so we can both get in the kitchen and get ourselves prepped for the week. We stay on the go (as most people do) so we have lived our lives mostly by convenience food which is deteriorating our health. So with that being said, let's dive into the challenge for April.

Let's support each other and get healthier. Feel free to add me if you would like extra support.

I will be praying over my journey and for those that are joining me, I will pray over your journey. I know for myself, that the best way to find my strength is through God. He will carry me when I can't carry myself.

I am personally going to set my goal loss for the month of April for 5 pounds. I know that seems like very little to some people but I have really slacked on my exercise for the past 8 months and I know I have to find that determination again. I will go for a bigger loss in May but for now I will shoot for the 5 pound loss.

So if you are struggling with the same issues that I have written about then join me. The outline isn't hard and we will start out with only 30 minutes of exercise, anyone can do that. If you are able to go for longer than 30 minutes every day then that is awesome. There will be days that I go for an hour if I am working out with Reggie, my husband.

And as my husband would say...."Let's kick it truck!!!"

The Challenge

1. Exercise at least 30 minutes every day

2. No sweets allowed (only in natural fruit form)

3. Eat veggies with 2 meals every day. (potatoes and starchy veggies do not count)

4. No potato chips

5. No sweet tea or sugary drinks (sugar substitute allowed)

6. No fried foods allowed

7. Log all food, drinks and exercise

This is just an outline that I made for myself. The areas of food that I struggle with the most. My sweet tooth and Kettle Cooked potato chips are my ultimate down fall.

So for this being so long! :smiley:

Replies

• BonnieDalbergAnsley
    Options
    Ooo girl, the food struggle is real! 30 minutes of exercise a day is a lot for me (I absolutely hate exercise). However, I am down for trying to develop this great habit. Plus, I like the idea of aiming for a doable goal weight loss of 5 pounds for the month.

Sneaking veg into food can be fun: mac n' cheese with broccoli, pizza with salad on top (seriously don't notice it), spinach in your shakes!

Good luck girl! I'm going to try my best.

-Bonnie
  • TallyMerlin
    TallyMerlin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exercise is my downfall. I know I should do it but some days have no motivation to get it done. I know it works for me, I have seen the results but apparently I am a slow learner. I have a wedding to attend at the end of April but not even that has been enough to motivate me.

• hissweetpea1
    hissweetpea1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @BonnieDalbergAnsley and @TallyMerlin these are the areas that I struggle so much in. At one time I had a game plan and felt in control. At this point, I feel like a rock climber hanging on by my finger tips. :smiley:
    Accountability works wonders (at least for me) so I am really praying that this works.
  • mabieknott
    mabieknott Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this with you and the others cause I sure do need the motivation.
  • ChristaDuvall
    ChristaDuvall Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    YES! I'm on this!!!!!!!!
    I was hoping someone would do this for April!!!!!
  • devinryan123
    devinryan123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this and have the motivation of doing it together as a group. I've lost 60 pounds at one point and was extremely great with my health and fitness but have lots it in the past couple weeks. I need something to get me back to that, I love the feeling of being healthy.
    Is there a way to join this challenge/group ?
    (I'm not overly familiar with the community on MFP).
    Thanks, Devin !
  • SmileLynnette
    SmileLynnette Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello all!! I am newly back on this weight loss journey. I start and stop and start again. This time I using my daughter as my motivation. I so appreciate @hissweetpea1 for being so transparent as this is my struggle like really bad. I have wanted to lose weight so bad. I am not a fan of exercising but I know that I feel really good afterwards. So @hissweetpea1 I am going to start this challenge with you. I am going to use the rest of this week to kind prime myself and get my mind right for this. I love my sweets....God knows I do. And I am in a really stressful time at work so this going to be a real challenge. Apples, strawberries and cuties....here I come!! Have a great day everyone....until next time.
  • zoom656
    zoom656 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice challenge and I'd like to join this one. I am starting with MFP just today and really looking forward to getting down to my goal weight. I won't reach it by the summer, but I want to reach it by next summer for sure. Slower is better. I used this type of documenting of all calories in, and I lost 40 pounds before, so I could do it again. Sounds like you have a supportive husband. My husband doesn't gain any weight whatsoever, no matter what he eats. Such lucky genes. He really loves to cook too, so that is hard on me when he cooks up a storm with all the sauces and cheeses. My downfall are sweets and I just have to resist doing any baking (even though my husband will complain).
    Looking forward to losing some weight in April. Will keep you posted.
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    I am issuing myself a challenge for the month of April. If you would like to join me then keep reading.

I have lost 60 pounds before with watching what I eat and exercise and a whole lot of determination.
    I know that I can do this but lately I just can't grasp my "want to".

I love life and I love food. I love the taste of food, the smell, the whole experience. However, God put food on this earth to sustain us and not to make a lifelong party out of food. So I am trying to look at food as my fuel for energy so that I can better love my life. I am finally living a life that I love with a man that I love and I don't want to cut that short because of a doughnut or three.

We may stumble on this path that we are taking but we do not have to fall. If you have a rough day and you stumble, gather yourself and keep moving forward. DO NOT QUIT! A stumble is not a reason to give up.

I am going to have to start preparing in advance, getting food prepped for the week and making healthy meals. Thankfully, my husband is an awesome cook and loves to cook so we can both get in the kitchen and get ourselves prepped for the week. We stay on the go (as most people do) so we have lived our lives mostly by convenience food which is deteriorating our health. So with that being said, let's dive into the challenge for April.

Let's support each other and get healthier. Feel free to add me if you would like extra support.

I will be praying over my journey and for those that are joining me, I will pray over your journey. I know for myself, that the best way to find my strength is through God. He will carry me when I can't carry myself.

I am personally going to set my goal loss for the month of April for 5 pounds. I know that seems like very little to some people but I have really slacked on my exercise for the past 8 months and I know I have to find that determination again. I will go for a bigger loss in May but for now I will shoot for the 5 pound loss.

So if you are struggling with the same issues that I have written about then join me. The outline isn't hard and we will start out with only 30 minutes of exercise, anyone can do that. If you are able to go for longer than 30 minutes every day then that is awesome. There will be days that I go for an hour if I am working out with Reggie, my husband.

And as my husband would say...."Let's kick it truck!!!"

The Challenge

1. Exercise at least 30 minutes every day

2. No sweets allowed (only in natural fruit form)

3. Eat veggies with 2 meals every day. (potatoes and starchy veggies do not count)

4. No potato chips

5. No sweet tea or sugary drinks (sugar substitute allowed)

6. No fried foods allowed

7. Log all food, drinks and exercise

This is just an outline that I made for myself. The areas of food that I struggle with the most. My sweet tooth and Kettle Cooked potato chips are my ultimate down fall.

So for this being so long! :smiley:

Does walking count as exercise?
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have never done an online group thing, but I actually came here today looking for inspiration. My challenges are literally verbatim what you've written down. If I cut sweets out of my day, I'd be on track with 1200 calories day!! Instead I usually log about 2000. So that one is huge for me. And I actually love my gym, but for some reason I have stopped going and I can't seem to get myself back there on a regular basis. But I did go on Sunday and did two classes -- woo hoo!! So, yeah, I'm gonna give this group thing a try. And BTW, someone had a hand in leading me here today. Just saying ;)
  • cavgtmom
    cavgtmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have those same issues . . . and many others.
  • karietate
    karietate Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OMG I am so in! I am having the same issue. Lost 40lbs eating right, just walking as my exercise and cutting out all the junk. But I started slacking a little here and there and BAM here I am again 40lbs back on. This is great! I am truly excited. We can all do this :smiley:
  • mmcp09
    mmcp09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty well in the same boat!! Can't find my "want to" and that 55lbs I lost 4 years ago is creeping back on suddenly.. I have lost my healthy active lifestyle and I want to get it back!!! I was thinking of starting a strict new routine in April anyway, and it would be even better to do it with a group! I've been feeling a little lonely for a fitness buddy lately.

Good luck, and STRONG WILL everyone!! :)
  • kaylaament
    kaylaament Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im game! Yes!!
  • BonnieDalbergAnsley
    Options
    Alright ladies 3 day countdown!

Saturday is the first of April and the first day towards everyone's success!

This is the daily format I plan on using for accountability:

Day: x
    Starting Weight: x
    Progress: -0.25 lb (for example)
    Exercise: yes/no
    No Sweets: yes/no
    Veg with 2 Meals: yes/no
    No Chips: yes/no
    No Sugary Drinks: yes/no
    No Fried Food: yes/no
    Logged Exercise/Food: yes/no

Y'all don't have to use this, but I'm the kind that likes seeing lists and it'll help keep me motivated because I like seeing "yes" on things!

Stretch them muscles girls and start getting into the right frame of mind. We can do this! It's only 30 days.
  • heatherdupree123
    heatherdupree123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in! This is my first weight loss group challenge to join. I have started logging what I eat as of yesterday. Now does the form of exercise need to be cardio or anything such as walking biking or yoga?
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Count me in and thanks everyone for inspiring me to take better care of myself.
  • ymontero922
    ymontero922 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in !!
  • Lorriehashope
    Lorriehashope Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im in :D
  • Lorriehashope
    Lorriehashope Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is this all I have to do to join?